IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Veritas SaaS Backup OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veritas SaaS Backup is #3 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools. PeerSpot users give Veritas SaaS Backup an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Veritas SaaS Backup is most commonly compared to Veritas NetBackup: Veritas SaaS Backup vs Veritas NetBackup. Veritas SaaS Backup is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Veritas SaaS Backup?

Veritas SaaS Backup provides secure and scalable data protection across your entire Office 365 or Salesforce environment and beyond. It is designed for today’s technologies and today’s mobile workforce and organizations of all sizes. Protect SaaS productivity applications with the ability to access anywhere, anytime, and from any device, and instantly restore data with a single click.

Veritas SaaS Backup was previously known as SaaS Backup.

Veritas SaaS Backup Video

Veritas SaaS Backup Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veritas SaaS Backup pricing:
"I would rate this solution's pricing as five out of five."

Veritas SaaS Backup Reviews

Managing partner at Techmaster Serviços em Informática
It's a user-friendly solution that helps us migrate our customers from their local servers
  • "We're comfortable using this kind of technology. It's user-friendly."
  • "When you finish a project, the client should have the opportunity to browse the files rather than simply ending the contract. Also, it's not possible to recover earlier versions. It should be possible to have a database for recovering files after you finish a contract. There's no solution for this from Veritas."

What is our primary use case?

Our company helps customers migrate from their local servers to Sharepoint and handles all the configuration for them. We also help them restore some data. We usually recommend Veritas Backup for customers who are on 365.

What is most valuable?

We're comfortable using this kind of technology. It's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

When you finish a project, the client should have the opportunity to browse the files rather than simply ending the contract. Also, it's not possible to recover earlier versions. It should be possible to have a database for recovering files after you finish a contract. There's no solution for this from Veritas.

The clients pay annually for the product, but when they decide to cancel the contract after five or six years, how do they get older versions of their data? Veritas only offers a snapshot of the last backup.

They also no longer offer the Veritas for Microsoft 365 solution in Brazil. We have to find another solution for 365 at the end of the year, so we are going with N-Able.

SaaS Backup
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: July 2022.
622,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Veritas is stable.

Most of our customers have no problems scaling the solution.

I rate Veritas support eight out of 10. They have a local team here in Brazil, but they usually escalate to the senior teams outside the country.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We also use Veeam Backup for our customers who use VMware. Some of our clients use VMware on-premises.

Setting up Veritas is very straightforward. We have a small team of technicians, including two senior engineers and three or four juniors.

The price could be lower. Price is a big issue because we use American dollars in Brazil, so we feel a lot of pressure from the currency. A lot of customers ask us to find a cheaper alternative to Veritas, and the contract renewal process isn't that easy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veritas SaaS eight out of 10. With an improved interface and a lower price, I could rate it 10 out of 10. Before implementing Veritas, I would encourage people to understand the rules of the contract and what happens when they decide to end it.

It's a good solution but you can run into problems when you decide to end the contract. When negotiating a deal, you should also make sure all the storage is included in the price.

MihaiAlexandru - PeerSpot reviewer
Unemployed at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Data protection solution that's easy to set up and unintrusive

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for data protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's not so intrusive with computer resources.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement is the product's performance, especially how long it takes to do a job.

I have been using this solution for around two and a half years.

The initial setup was straightforward, with deployment taking around a week. I'd rate the experience as five out of five.

I would rate this solution's pricing as five out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend anybody to buy this solution and use it. I'd give it a rating of ten out of ten.

Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic, and more!
Updated: July 2022