UNICOM System Architect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

UNICOM System Architect is the #18 ranked solution in top Enterprise Architecture Management tools. PeerSpot users give UNICOM System Architect an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. UNICOM System Architect is most commonly compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: UNICOM System Architect vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. UNICOM System Architect is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 84% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is UNICOM System Architect?

UNICOM System Architect Customers
Apple, Facebook, Google, HSBC, PayPal

UNICOM System Architect Pricing Advice

What users are saying about UNICOM System Architect pricing:
"I don't remember the price. It is a different cost for just buying it, and then you have a maintenance cost, which you need to renew every year."

UNICOM System Architect Reviews

Project Manager at a government with 10,001+ employees
Useful for creating build-outs and architecture views, but requires a publisher add-on for some detailed reports
  • "It is useful for creating build-outs and architecture views and for publishing reports and stuff like that for different programs."
  • "I don't use the tool or know a lot. It is going to have some shortcomings. When it comes down to publishing, we just found out this week that they actually have a publisher add-on. So, what we were trying to publish was not giving a detailed report about the architecture, views, etc. I just wish they had sent these to UNICOM and contacted them about add-on features for the publishing part of the tool."

What is our primary use case?

I'm the manager of my contract division, and my team uses this tool. They talk with different customers, and once they get the information about their as-is architecture, they go in and collect the necessary views, such as service views, distant views, and things like that. We then publish a report for the customer. That's what the tool is used for.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I don't use the tool or know a lot. It is going to have some shortcomings. When it comes down to publishing, we just found out this week that they actually have a publisher add-on. So, what we were trying to publish was not giving a detailed report about the architecture, views, etc. I just wish they had sent these to UNICOM and contacted them about add-on features for the publishing part of the tool.

I have been using this solution since 2018.

Enterprise Architecture Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Unicom Systems, Sparx Systems, IBM and others in Enterprise Architecture Management. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

For now, it is stable. We had a problem with our environment with the database. So, we are using the tool in standalone mode.

They do tech support. You go to the website, put in your pin, and they come back with an answer. They are quite responsive. I am not sure how other systems or tools work. I know back in the day, you would just pick up a phone, call someone, and put in a ticket. They call you later on.

It was something that was hard leadership. They used to use something called ProVision. This was way before I got into the area. They were making everybody up to a certain level within the organization to swap over to System Architect.

The setup was fine.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate System Architect a seven out of ten because I'm not using it much, and I haven't had time to play with the tool. The system manager is more involved with this tool and has more trust in the tool.

ImranSarwar - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Poor usability and the reporting needs improvement, but the end-to-end metamodel interrelationship support is good
  • "It has good end-to-end metamodel interrelationships."
  • "They need to add reports that show the enterprise architecture perspectives, and the dashboards should be comfortable for the senior enterprise architects so that they can view the complete landscape."

What is our primary use case?

We use UNICOM System Architect for an end-to-end TOGAF architecture.

What is most valuable?

It has good end-to-end metamodel interrelationships. It does the job.

What needs improvement?

UNICOM System Architect is quite a dated tool.

I don't like this solution very much. It was something that I had to use because the organization had invested in this product.

We built some customization because we were in vendor lock-in. It is not a very pleasant experience.

The usability needs to be improved.

The dashboards and reports are missing from Systems Architect.

They need to add reports that show the enterprise architecture perspectives, and the dashboards should be comfortable for the senior enterprise architects so that they can view the complete landscape. These are missing and need to be included to improve the solution.

It needs to have more compliance with the standard enterprise architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, and Zachman because it has its own notations and diagrams.

It needs to have more compliance with the standard EA frameworks.

I have been working with UNICOM System Architect for 12 years. I was working in a government organization as recently as one month ago using this solution.

UNICOM System Architect is a stable solution.

It is not really scalable. It's a slow one. It's another perspective from usability.

If for example, you have a large metamodel and you do something, you will have to wait for half a minute or a minute to see the changes.

I have not dealt with support directly, but It has good support for enterprise architecture, application architecture, business process modeling, and infrastructure architecture.

The initial setup is not that straightforward. It's medium.

It's not very easy.

I don't know about the pricing. I am a user, not the one procuring the software.

I am currently doing research on migrating from UNICOM System Architect.

I would like to select one of the better tools out there, such as the Abacus, Aris, or Alfabet.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend using this solution.

I would rate UNICOM System Architect a five out of ten.

Download our free Enterprise Architecture Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Unicom Systems, Sparx Systems, IBM, and more!
Updated: November 2022