IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

TSFactory RecordTS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is TSFactory RecordTS?

Security and Compliancy Assistance

Recording sessions allows you to monitor access to files or programs that contain sensitive or confidential information; for example financial data, customer information, or personnel records. This information can be used to confirm you are meeting compliancy and security requirements.

Built for the Cloud and Virtualized Environments

From the ground up, RecordTS was designed to work in hosted environments, making it a tightly integrated solution to monitor remote access to your cloud infrastructure. RecordTS works well with VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and other virtual hosting environments built on Windows Server and Workstation virtual machines.

High Reliability Architecture

In the event your network or database become unstable, your session data will be buffered and stored locally until stability can be restored. There are internal mechanisms (drain mode) to accommodate controlled, graceful system reboots as well as support for session reliability and quick start so users are not left waiting to reconnect to their active sessions.

Enterprise Design for Scalability

Whether you are recording one machine or ten thousand, RecordTS can handle the job. With its robust distributed, centrally managed architecture, deploying session recording to a large infrastructure is as simple as 1-2-3.

TSFactory RecordTS Customers

BASF, Cerner, Covance, Credit Suisse, Fiserv, GE Healthcare, ING, International Culinary Center, Mitsubishi, Shell, Siemens, Swift, Spectrum, Tyson

Archived TSFactory RecordTS Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user763545 - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Analyst
Utilize support for installation. They are quick to respond, and quick at getting to the bottom of issues.
  • "We have used the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Citrix session recording features, and have found them to be extremely valuable."
  • "A built in utility that alerts when connections are made, either via RDP or ICA."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We were asked by security auditors to monitor vendor connections to our assets (servers and users' workstations) when providing tech support via live connection. This enables us to keep track of those sessions, and monitor unsolicited connections should they occur.

What needs improvement?

About six weeks.

Not really. When following the written instructions, it goes pretty smoothly. Sequencing of the products needed for IE: The database The dashboard The licensing server. It is intuitive, but spread throughout the instruction manual. For instance, you have to change the password for the Records service, and it is on a last page. Just read through the whole manual.

It just runs. So far, it has been working seamlessly.

It is not an issue for us.

Customer Service: Excellent; attentive, acquainted with networking environments, and seems to be genuinely interested in getting us the right solution at the right price. Technical Support: I have had to do all of these installs after 21:00, and support was almost always there for me live on the phone. In one case, I had an immediate response via email, and received the solution. They are really, readily available and knowledgeable of the product in virtual, as well as physical environments.

This was our first solution.

The steps for installation are all there, you just have to read the document fully before you start the install. I do not know about others, but I like to install first, and read later. In this case, it paid off to read first.

We were the vendor team that installed for one of our clients.

To be determined (TBD).

We budgeted for five hours for installation. We had the dashboard server and seven machines, which we are recording. It depends on the number of machines that you are going to install. Allow for a half an hour per recorded machine. It starts to go much faster as you do them. You will probably get it down to 15-20 minutes per machine after the first five. We went with subscription licensing. It paid off big time for us as we installed the V.3, and just received V.4 without paying for the upgrade.

We had heard good things, started with this one, and have never looked back.

What other advice do I have?