Tricentis Flood OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tricentis Flood is the #15 ranked solution in top Load Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Tricentis Flood an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Tricentis Flood is most commonly compared to Tricentis NeoLoad: Tricentis Flood vs Tricentis NeoLoad. Tricentis Flood is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Load Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Tricentis Flood?

Tricentis Flood is a cloud-based platform for load testing that assists teams in determining how their applications respond to loads that are distributed across the world. This solution makes load testing more accessible to developers and testers by lowering the complexity typically connected with it. By adding load testing into their CI/CD pipelines, teams can start testing the performance of their application components as they develop and continuously track the effects on the system's overall performance.

Tricentis Flood enables DevOps load testing. In addition, it enables DevTest teams to get quick and continuous performance feedback. Because Tricentis Flood and Tosca are integrated, you can use the same scriptless tests you use for functional testing to perform load testing. In addition to supporting conventional protocol-level load-testing techniques, Tricentis Flood also enables testers to do load tests at the browser level without becoming bogged down in technical specifics.

As new features are being developed, teams can begin load testing them. Without having to deal with the headaches of requesting, setting, or managing performance resources on premises or in the cloud, a developer or tester can rapidly produce millions of globally dispersed requests per second from their local PC.

Tricentis Flood distributes test plans over widely accessible cloud servers using open-source tools like JMeter, Gatling, and Selenium. Additionally, it enables you to instantly "flood" any HTTP endpoint.

Tricentis Flood Features

Tricentis Flood has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• The Browser Level User method reduces script generation, maintenance, and complexity overheads.
  • Tosca Flood integration, enabling seamless load testing for both UI and API-based test scenarios.
  • Enhanced economy of scale with cloud-based load generation across multiple global geographic locations.
  • Tool-agnostic, with the ability to integrate with new tools as they become available.
  • Cluster-less, shared-nothing architecture, which allows users to scale up for very large tests without the bottlenecks that more traditional setups experience.
  • Real-time reports on a shareable, intuitive, and interactive dashboard.
  • Long-term data storage allows you to evaluate performance over time.
  • Test-friendly pricing, where you pay for the infrastructure you utilize, not per test or per simulated user.

Tricentis Flood Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Tricentis Flood. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Simple methods for defining, creating, and maintaining load tests.
  • On-demand platform for executing load tests at scale.
  • Analysis and visualization of results in real time.
  • Continuous monitoring of performance across time.

Tricentis Flood was previously known as Flood IO.

Tricentis Flood Customers

Nike, heroku, Soulcycle, NEC, boston.com, Typeform, Xero, Telus

Tricentis Flood Video

Tricentis Flood Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Tricentis Flood pricing:
  • "This solution is in the average price range compared to other testing tools."
  • "The only positive point is it came free with my test automation tool."
  • Tricentis Flood Reviews

Hector Martinez - PeerSpot reviewer
    Quality Assurance Test Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Awesome technical support, integrates well, and installation is easy
    • "Their technical support is awesome."
    • "We used an implementation strategy to deploy the solution, not because of the tools, but mainly because of the scripting part of the tool."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for performance systems.

What is most valuable?

The main value that we see in the product is the ability to have on-demand load generators in our cloud. We have our AWS or Azure cloud accounts which provides us with the feature to trigger load generators in our cloud. All the traffic is in our systems or in the cloud, there is no third-party connection from the tracking system resources. Having everything in our environment is the main benefit.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks a little bit in the reporting features. Right now, the reporting test results that you want to read or you want to evaluate are pretty basic or too general. For example, If you want to check more deeply in an area that you found, hide responses, or maybe you want to tweak a little bit in how the results are shown, these are areas where the tool could improve. They are also missing the Microsoft diary application which would be useful if they could add in the future.

I have been using the product for two years.

Load Testing Tools
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Perforce, Micro Focus and others in Load Testing Tools. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We only had one issue a couple of months ago with the solution going down for a couple of hours. Other than going down once, we haven't had any kind of problems when it comes to stability, behaviour, or performance with the tool.

The product has good integrations with other IT solutions. For example, Tricentis integrates well with AWS and Azure cloud accounts for modulation purposes. I think they're very good when it comes to scalability. As for the number of people using the solution, we have more than 70 testing teams using Flood right now which is hundreds of users.

Their technical support is awesome. It's one of the best things that they have. When we found a challenge or a problem, talking about the tool itself, the scripted part of the test cases or areas around those tools, we had really great support. They have the typical chat that you can find in a portal. For example, how Amazon might chat with you. They get an A-plus in this area.

We previously used IBM Rational and we switched over to Tricentis Flood mainly for the flexibility. Before with IBM, it was a legacy tool doing a performance in the old ways. It was pretty complicated and challenging at that moment. It was time for us to move to something more modern.

The setup was very straightforward. There were not any problems. We used an implementation strategy to deploy the solution, not because of the tools, but mainly because of the scripting part of the tool. In our test cases, we were using IBM's tool before and during the migration to Flood the scripts were completely different. When we moved to Flood we had to migrate hundreds and hundreds of test cases. We needed a plan for those scripts to be migrated, this required effort, resources and time. This was the hard part of moving to Flood when we deployed it. Setting up the configuration settings was not a problem at all and once we had the scripts it was pretty easy. You run it and that is it.

For the deployment and maintenance of the product, I am currently the only one working on it.

This solution is in the average price range compared to other testing tools. It's cheaper than LoadRunner and Micro-Focus which I know are pretty expensive, this is mainly because of all the features that you provide.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Tricentis Flood a nine out of ten.

Test Process Consultant - PeerSpot reviewer
    Freelancer at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Need improvements ,but has cloud and on-premises options
    • "You can utilize this tool on the cloud, and also access application on-premises. That is a very good part of the solution."
    • "The solution is quite immature, it is not in an optimal state."

What is our primary use case?

We procured the Tricentis Tosca enterprise version for test automation and with it, this solution was introduced to complete the performance testing and load testing. We are currently running performance testing with this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We conducted Performance testing for the transformation project with the Flood tool

What is most valuable?

You can utilize this tool on the cloud, and also access application on-premises. That is a very good part of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not in an optimal state. During POC, we analyzed tool is kept on upgrading. The patch deployment is happening in parallel, things that are working today are not working tomorrow. We eventually sorted it out with help of CSM.

We integrated this tool with other software such as Azure client, but many times without a valid or visible reason, the connectivity was breaking.

Improvement suggestions-  The dashboard creation for the reporting needs to be easier. Currently, the solution does not support multiple script executions and we would like to see support for this.

We have been using the solution for approximately one year.

Tool service support is not very effective.  After following up with the account manager, we received a point of contact who could resolve the issues for my team, and that is working great. The associate appointed for this activity is helping us out to deliver our performance testing results.

We started having less trouble when they appointed a dedicated person to us. He was able to resolve a lot of issues and is guiding us on how to use the solution.

Yes, have used Jmeter & Load runner previously. Suggest hiring Flood experts only to utilize this tool effectively.

It was a little complex to do the installation. We did receive some team training for upskilling and learning. However, this was very basic.

If you are new to the install you most likely would need experts. You will find that the integration and the setup are not straightforward. It is hard to ask your technical team to get information for the installation because it is limited, this is why it is best to hire experts. The full deployment took approximately three weeks.

If the solution had a cost it would not be a good investment.

The positive point we were able to achieve the objective as per plan.

Yes, we considered other tools as well. Was not able to consider other tools due to high cost and time constraints.

What other advice do I have?

I will not say it is a bad product, I prefer to say it is an evolving product that has good potential in the future.

I rate Tricentis Flood a five out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Download our free Load Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Perforce, Micro Focus, and more!
    Updated: November 2022