We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

TIBCO Mashery API Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TIBCO Mashery API Management is #20 ranked solution in top API Management tools. PeerSpot users give TIBCO Mashery API Management an average rating of 8 out of 10. TIBCO Mashery API Management is most commonly compared to Apigee: TIBCO Mashery API Management vs Apigee. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.
What is TIBCO Mashery API Management?

TIBCO Mashery Enterprise is a modern API platform for digital business that covers the entire API lifecycle.

TIBCO Mashery API Management was previously known as Mashery API Management.

Download the API Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

TIBCO Mashery API Management Customers

uShip, Sabre, TouchTunes, Best Buy, Cisco, Comcast, athenahealth, Coca-Cola Enterprises, CentralIndex.com, Constant Contact, Edmunds.com, FoodEssentials, Getty Images, Klout, Rovi, Rotten Tomatoes, Sportradar, TomTom, ACTIVE.com

TIBCO Mashery API Management Video

TIBCO Mashery API Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TIBCO Mashery API Management pricing:
"Its price is pretty reasonable. There are some lightweight API options available in the market, but given the feature set that TIBCO provides, its price is really reasonable."

TIBCO Mashery API Management Reviews

Data Architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Extremely high scalability and reliability, reasonable price, great support, and offers end-to-end API life cycle management
  • "When we did the product evaluation, we saw that TIBCO Mashery offers end-to-end API life cycle management. It provides all API features that are required for managing the complete life cycle. It includes the developer portal and tools for API monitorization. The out-of-box security features that TIBCO Mashery provides are enterprise-grade, which gives it an edge over other API products."
  • "They can fix some stability issues and probably make it more user-friendly so that not only an IT savvy person but an end-user can also easily navigate through this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We implement a lot of TIBCO solutions for our clients. Most of the use cases for this solution are generally around API monitorization and API security. Some of our clients also use it for building an API mesh.

We have deployed the latest version as well as the previous versions of this solution. We have on-premises deployments and public cloud deployments on AWS.

What is most valuable?

When we did the product evaluation, we saw that TIBCO Mashery offers end-to-end API life cycle management. It provides all API features that are required for managing the complete life cycle. It includes the developer portal and tools for API monitorization.

The out-of-box security features that TIBCO Mashery provides are enterprise-grade, which gives it an edge over other API products.

What needs improvement?

They can fix some stability issues and probably make it more user-friendly so that not only an IT savvy person but an end-user can also easily navigate through this solution.

I have been using this solution for four or five years.

There is nothing to be alarmed off. Of course, there are stability issues during the initial phase of the project, but they can be resolved easily. TIBCO support has been great so far.

It is pretty scalable. Because it is already containerized, its scalability and reliability are extremely high. We deal with medium and large businesses. Some of our clients are Fortune 500 companies.

TIBCO support has always been great. I would rate them a nine out of ten.

Previously, we were more of an Oracle shop. The product strategy roadmap of TIBCO for API gateway seemed more viable than Oracle. Therefore, we moved from Oracle to TIBCO.

It is pretty straightforward.

Its price is pretty reasonable. There are some lightweight API options available in the market, but given the feature set that TIBCO provides, its price is really reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

TIBCO API gateway is one of the best products available around this space. Anyone who is currently looking at API gateway should definitely consider evaluating TIBCO Mashery.

I would rate TIBCO Mashery API Management an eight out of ten.

Chief Technology Officer at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Reasonable pricing and pretty straightforward but needs better security
  • "The reason why we selected the solution originally was because of its ability to have a gateway both on-premise and in the cloud. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us."
  • "The security needs improvement, specifically, propagation of security to an API. Calling other APIs is something that is missing in the product and that makes us think about going to a competitor."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution to expose our APIs so it can be used by a civil customer, where there are mainly internal touchpoints. We are also using it to expose our APIs internally.

What is most valuable?

The reason why we selected the solution originally was because of its ability to have a gateway both on-premise and in the cloud. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us.

What needs improvement?

The solution's interface could be improved, as well as the dashboard, management, and monitoring tools. They're okay, but they could be better.

We've been using the solution since 2014, about six years now.

Although we only have about ten or so people on our end using the solution,  I would say the number of transactions the solution deals with is anywhere from one million and up to several million per day.

The solution's technical support took a lot of time to assist us in the past. This was mainly due to the fact that it had been acquired by TIBCO and TIBCO didn't have the right number of people or enough qualified people present in terms of support back in France and in the Netherlands. However, they've since fixed these issues and we find them to be okay.

The pricing is reasonable. It's not too high, so there's no reason to complain about the cost structure.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with TIBCO and use other products of theirs as well.

I would rate the solution six out of ten.

The solution, in terms of the needs our company has, are not being met yet. In order to rate it higher, the solution needs to meet more of our needs, especially in terms of security propagation of the token.

I would advise others to start maybe with the SAAS version in the cloud, which is where we are moving. It's best not to go for a hybrid implementation at the core.

Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Google, MuleSoft and others in API Management. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Good standard feature offering and good scalability but the pricing is a bit high
  • "The solution is a good general API manager. They have a few propriety features but are offering items that are standard in the industry as well."
  • "Policy management has been a bit of a concern."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for B2B integration.

What is most valuable?

We personally prefer TIBCO because we are comfortable using it. We haven't had any issues with it and it's worked well for a very long time for our company.

The scalability offered by the solution has been quite good.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved. It's too expensive right now.

Policy management has been a bit of a concern.

We've had issues with upgrading APIs, however, that could be related to configuration difficulties.

I've been working on the solution for about 15 years.

The scalability has been great for us. It's been a very good selling point. We're happy with how much we can scale up.

TIBCO is just a different way of dealing with different products. There are many on the market we've dealt with and looked at. For some companies, TIBCO is better. Others may find Apigee or CA Layer 7 is better. If I were to pick, I would say Layer 7 is even easier to use when compared to TIBCO. That's just my opinion.

The pricing is a bit high, but it is by no means the most expensive option on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We've had TIBCO installed in the middleware all over the place including in our back and front-end systems. I would say about 20 to 25 systems altogether within our organization have TIBCO on them.

Whether a company should deploy the solution of not depends on the business itself and the need and the necessity. There are products that are cheaper than TIBCO. And, just by being cheap, they may not be as good as TIBCO. There are products that are more expensive than TIBCO as well. That doesn't mean that they're better.

It's been a while since I've worked with the system, but I would rate it seven out of ten overall.

IT Projects & Governance Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
It's a stable solution for integrating mobile applications with our services

What is our primary use case?

I use Mashery to integrate mobile applications with my services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of Mashery is its stability.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see TIBCO integrate authentication and security features into Mashery.

I've been using Mashery for one year.

What is our primary use case?

I use Mashery to integrate mobile applications with my services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of Mashery is its stability.

What needs improvement?

I've been using Mashery for one year.

Mashery is scalable, but it depends on the environment. I am running it on-prem, so it's limited by my hosting ability. It's scalable, but I am finding some limitations with my environment. My environment is old. I am using the open-source version of Kubernetes on top of old hardware. It's an issue with my environment, not TIBCO. We're a relatively large enterprise with between 500 and 1,000 employees.

Before TIBCO, we had a custom API management solution that we created ourselves. We switched to TIBCO because it had a lot of features.

Setting up Mashery is easy, but it takes time, especially the configuration. I need one or two only technicians to maintain it.

TIBCO technical support assisted us. They were very helpful.

What other advice do I have?

I rate TIBCO Mashery nine out of 10.

Product Categories
API Management
Download our free API Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Google, MuleSoft, and more!