TIBCO Managed File Transfer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TIBCO Managed File Transfer is the #18 ranked solution in top Managed File Transfer (MFT) tools. PeerSpot users give TIBCO Managed File Transfer an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. TIBCO Managed File Transfer is most commonly compared to AWS Transfer for SFTP: TIBCO Managed File Transfer vs AWS Transfer for SFTP. TIBCO Managed File Transfer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Managed File Transfer (MFT) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is TIBCO Managed File Transfer?

TIBCO MFT Platform Server enables an organization to control activities and securely transfer files on all major platforms throughout the enterprise. TIBCO MFT Platform Server is a solution for the following reasons: It supports all major platforms including Windows, UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris), Linux, z/Linux, iSeries, and IBM Mainframe. It offers a full range of encryption algorithms and built-in security and authentication options to secure any file transfer. It automates the process of file transfers and provides scheduling options and event-driven capabilities. With the TIBCO Accelerator acceleration technology, it makes the file transfers up to 30 times faster than FTP and other legacy systems.

TIBCO Managed File Transfer Customers

Endesa/Enel Group, Symantec, Visma Connect

TIBCO Managed File Transfer Video

TIBCO Managed File Transfer Reviews

Nilesh Tarlekar - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Consultant at Tata Consultancy
Less coding required and allows for configurations but the setup isn't straightforward
  • "TIBCO has its own integration tool."
  • "Their cloud product is not yet stable."

What is our primary use case?

There are some external users, and they do some file transfers from external users to internal security. They can distribute files to different places, from Windows to Unix.

What is most valuable?

There's less coding involved, and the entire process is automatic. We just need to configure it and maybe write some small scripts. It is easy.

TIBCO has its own integration tool. Customers use the TIBCO BW plug-ins to integrate with the Managed File Transfer if they need to do an ad hoc file transfer.

The solution is stable.

What needs improvement?

They have to go into the cloud. Their cloud product is not yet stable. Our organization wants to go into the cloud.

The initial setup isn't necessarily straightforward. They should streamline the installation. Everything should run on its own, so we don't have so much to confirm at the outset.

It is quite expensive.

I have around four to five years of experience using TIBCO File Managed Transfer.

Managed File Transfer (MFT)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, IBM, Axway and others in Managed File Transfer (MFT). Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is fine once you install it and have everything up and running. We haven't had any issues. We haven't had any breakdowns.

We have 100 servers configured using the Managed File Transfer command center.

Two to three teams use Managed File Transfer since they are heavily into file activities in their projects. That may be 70 to 80 people using it.

I've never had to contact support.

It's an old implementation, so I'm not aware of what was used before.

It's not that easy to set up. There are two installations we have to do. There is one for the platform servers and one for the internet and the command centers. Also, there are some installations we need to run from database scripts, and there is a lot of configuration for that.

The customer has the command centers; you just have to manage all the users and activities on the file transfers. For that, you need to have a database configuration, so the scripts you also need to run.

How long it takes to deploy fully depends on how many servers you have to configure. Right now, we have 100 servers, so it takes time.

I'd rate the setup a six or seven out of ten.

While I don't have exact features, the solution comes at a huge cost.

On one project, the team is looking for solutions as they want to go to something else.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a TIBCO partner.

On the latest last project, I used something around version two, and I use the platform version. They had three components, an internet server, a command center, and platform servers.

I'd advise new users to first review each component's documentation before they start using it. You have two or three installations, and after that, the platform servers, et cetera. Try to understand the product first.

I would recommend the solution.

I'd rate the solution a seven out of ten.