IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Stackify OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Stackify?

Stackify is an application performance management (APM) solution that combines application performance monitoring with logs, errors, and reporting. It is a SaaS solution that is developer-focused. Users can quickly scan, identify, and repair issues with applications. Stackify APM offers valuable tools, such as Prefix and Retrace, which help to make it a comprehensive and valuable APM solution. Stackify is now part of the Netreo family of IT Infrastructure Management (ITIM), which is considered one of the fastest-growing IT organizations in the marketplace today.

Stackify Prefix

Stackify Prefix helps developers write better code, faster. The tool examines, tests, and approves code as it is being written. Almost every new application is code-perfect, negating the need for exhausting troubleshooting and frustrating time-consuming code review.

Prefix is able to discover poor-performing SQL queries, ORM queries, potential bottlenecks, and concealed exceptions prior to moving the application into production.

Prefix offers Summary Dashboards, intuitive suggestions, integrated logs, and distributed tracing. Distributed tracing expands visibility to cloud-native applications, microservices, and containers and can also provide additional transparency to cache services, web services, third-party services, and more. Users are able to easily move from logs to traces and back.

This valuable tool ensures developers are able to consistently release the best code possible in the least amount of time, while improving performance, productivity, and profitability.

Prefix is a very robust and easy-to-use tool. It can be used seamlessly with Linux, macOS, and Windows. Prefix integrates well with numerous languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, Node.js, .Net, and .Net Core.

Stackify Retrace

Stackify Retrace is a user-friendly, trusted APM solution used in more than fifty countries worldwide. Users know that Retrace is able to ensure they can complete quicker, more efficient application development and consistently enhance overall application performance by suggesting important intuitive suggestions users need.

This solution is beneficial to both developers (Dev) and operations (Ops) personnel to learn to improve code and immediately finetune issues by:

• Establishing effortless collaboration between Dev and Ops personnel via an easy-to-use GUI dashboard.

• Delivering complete transparency of all stages of the application development process, from pre-development to production.

• Utilizing performance protocols, such as error tracking, application logs, and code profiling, in real time in order to thoroughly understand how long a code will take to complete various tasks.

• Improving overall efficiency and productivity by immediately discovering and repairing application issues.

Retrace Real User Monitoring (RUM) uses both front-end and back-end monitoring to give users a complete picture of what is going on with the applications. This intuitive dashboard displays performance with a complete breakdown of resource usage and integrates the server-side and client traces into one engaging, user-friendly, extensive view.

Retrace is an out-of-the-box solution that works seamlessly with Java stacks, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, Python, .Net, and .Net Core. It is also compatible with many of today’s popular frameworks, such as AWS, Azure, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis, and SQL Server. Additionally, Retrace will work effectively with many cloud providers, containers, and languages, and offers excellent and easy integration with today's favorite tools such as Jira, Slack, Jenkins, and more.

Stackify Customers

MyRacePass, ClearSale, Newitts, Carbonite, Boston Software, Children's International, Starkwood Media Group, Fewzion

Stackify Video

Archived Stackify Reviews (more than two years old)

principl247992 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior SAP Systems Architect at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were using New Relic, but it wasn't providing us the info we wanted and we couldn't afford having it on all prod servers. I would like Stackify to have better mobile support.

What is most valuable?

We were using New Relic, but it wasn't providing us the info we wanted and it was so expensive that we couldn't afford having it on all prod servers. I've been using Stackify in a .net, Azure based webapp, the app is with high traffic subscription service, and solid services is essential. Having the log and error data as part of the detailed trace was a tremendous help. And seeing all the logs recorded when an exception was thrown is a cool little feature.

How has it helped my organization?

In one case we were using Stackify to identify an issue that made the site slow occasionally, it was very hard to pin point the source of the problem. Once installed it was a very fast process and we identified the combination of issues that lead to this behavior. Having the log and error data as part of the detailed trace was a tremendous help. And seeing all the logs recorded when an exception was thrown is a cool little feature.

What needs improvement?

Better mobile support.

1 year - APM+ and SmartELM
Application Performance Management (APM)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Stackify, Dynatrace, New Relic and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The installation was very easy and smooth, it was nice to have many default monitors already set-up as part of the install so we could see monitors immediately.

No issues. Solid tool.

No issues, we've been scaling our environment quite a lot and Stackify collected the info from all servers including the transient ones

Customer Service: Excellent! Professional and friendly (Actually gave me some tips about Azure that help me solve an issue that was completely unrelated to Stackify) Technical Support: Excellent! Professional and friendly.

We switched from New Relic and Loggly as it provides us more info at a lower price.

Straightforward

In-house

We've seen shortening of our time to resolution, and we've even identified some issues that we weren't aware of, but were affecting our apps performance

Their pricing is simple and clear and is low enough that we can have it running on all servers at all times.

Yes, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, and Microsoft Insight.
Senior Application Developer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Powerful error & log management combine with performance monitoring

What is most valuable?

I like how Stackify combines capabilities that otherwise required us to use separate tools. The combinations of these tools making it a lot more powerful than many of the other tools in the market.

Few examples are:

See all the logs associated with specific error

Monitor spikes in errors and and specific log search criteria

See the application performance together with the server performance but also the logs and errors trends and how they affect customer satisfaction

How has it helped my organization?

We became a more proactive organization, we get notified once trend is starting and can address it in working hours before customers even notice it.

What needs improvement?

I'm looking to see more performance tools, but heard that they are going to release some.

8 month

No, pretty straight forward.

They have very friendly, professional and responsive service organization.

They have very friendly, professional and responsive service organization.

We had Nagios for monitoring which was very painful and unfriendly and AppDynamics and Loggly.

Straightforward

In-house

Within few hours of install we've identify the source of issue we've been investigating for few days and couldn't pin point. So Stackify with it's low prices returned itself in probably less than a day.

Our day-to-day cost varies as Stackify only charge you when you use it.

So for the error & log management we pay probably about $40 a month and for the Monitoring - as it dependent on how much we scale our monthly is pretty low as well.

Yes, we looked on variety of other solutions, but no other products gave us so much functionality together. We looked at players in the log management market, error monitoring market and app & server monitoring market.