Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

SAS Data Integration Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is SAS Data Integration Server?
SAS Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution that can meet a wide variety of data integration requirements, from small tactical projects to strategic business initiatives. It can access virtually all data sources, support data warehousing, migration, synchronization, federation and provisioning initiatives. It can support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions. It can create reusable data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures and data governance and extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data.

SAS Data Integration Server was previously known as SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server, Enterprise Data Integration Server.

SAS Data Integration Server Customers
Credit Guarantee Corporation, Cr_dito y Cauci‹n, Delaware State Police, Deutsche Lufthansa, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, DSM, Livzon Pharmaceutical Group, Los Angeles County, Miami Herald Media Company, Netherlands Enterprise Agency, New Zealand Ministry of Health, Nippon Paper, West Midlands Police, XS Inc., Zenith Insurance
SAS Data Integration Server Video

Archived SAS Data Integration Server Reviews (more than two years old)

ArunkumarSekaran - PeerSpot reviewer
Experienced Test Manager at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Enables us to maintain customer data, policy, and products but it should have better integration into other software
  • "The solution is very stable."
  • "So I would like to see improved integration with other software."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to maintain customer data, policy, products, and other administrative information for financial institutions.

What needs improvement?

Something that could improve is writing SQL to integration studio because it is not that straightforward. There should be better integration with other software. I believe the process is where the problem lies. It's a niche technology that does not interact with many DB connectors. For example, if you need to connect the CD tool, you need to have a specific connector. We've been facing some issues with that for some time and we always had to go to the SAS partners to ask for their hotfix. So I would like to see that being improved.

I have been using SAS Data Integration Server for almost three years now.

The solution is very stable.

Data Integration Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Microsoft, Talend and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I believe the program is scalable. Whenever we have issues with the product or if we feel that something should be modified, we contact the support team. They are usually accessible and they provide the success or measure versions we need.

I think the technical support could be better. You can imagine that a US-based company has interviews all over Europe, but mostly they operate based on partnerships. For example, if you need to look at something, they always have external partners that you should use.

Our deployment team was responsible for the initial setup and deployment.

It is a rather expensive program.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to use the demo version first. I will rate this product a seven out of ten.

Manager - Technology at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good technical support and very good data manipulation but the transform tool offers limited access
  • "The solution offers very good data manipulation and loading."
  • "The transform tool has limited access. They should make it more flexible."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to handle the entire dashboarding of certain data points.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good data manipulation and loading.

What needs improvement?

The transform tool has limited access. They should make it more flexible.

If there is any way for the system to analyze and also implement indexing on the data, that would be great.

I've been using the solution for six years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

We haven't had any issues with scalability. Right now, we have 300 users. We do plan to increase usage.

Technical support is very good.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was complex. At the time we implemented the solution, there was no access recommendation using the DI.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

For anyone who deals with data, I'd recommend the solution.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. There are many other products out there, like Hadoop, that have a lot of features. I'll probably end up looking into them as a possible option as well.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Microsoft, Talend, and more!
Updated: September 2022