IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAS Access OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAS Access is #33 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give SAS Access an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. SAS Access is most commonly compared to Toad Data Point: SAS Access vs Toad Data Point. SAS Access is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is SAS Access?
SAS/ACCESS is an out-of-the-box solution for integrating SAS and third-party databases. You can read, write and update data regardless of the database or platform. Because the data appears native to SAS, there is no need to learn Structured Query Language (SQL) or any other database-specific query languages.

SAS Access was previously known as SAS/Access.

SAS Access Customers
Los Angeles County, West Midlands Police, Credit Guarantee Corporation, Canada Post, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
SAS Access Video

SAS Access Reviews

Developer at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Great for database access with an easy installation and good scalability
  • "The most valuable aspect of the solution is the ease of access to the data in those databases."
  • "I can't really recall any missing feature or general improvement that is needed. We don't really add too many new kinds of databases and therefore our needs are already met."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for just accessing different databases including Oracle, Microsoft Access, and Single Server. They're just database connectors, basically.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the ease of access to the data in those databases.

It's pretty basic. You just install and then you can use it to access the databases with usernames and passwords and things like that.

What needs improvement?

I can't really recall any missing feature or general improvement that is needed. We don't really add too many new kinds of databases and therefore our needs are already met.

I've used the solution for 19 years. It's been almost two decades. I've used it a long time.

Data Integration Tools
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Informatica, Quest Software and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can.

I'm not sure of the exact number of users that are on the product in our organization. There might be about 20 people who utilize the product.

While I haven't dealt with them recently, however, they're usually pretty responsive. I would say we are quite satisfied with the level of response we get when we need assistance.

I'm really not in the IT department, so I don't do the setup a lot of times.

My understanding is the initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We might have approximately two people that handle any maintenance aspects as needed.

I don't get involved in the licensing process. I can't speak to the exact costs that our company pays.

I can say that this solution does not come as part of a larger package. You do have to pay for it separately.

What other advice do I have?

Our company is just a customer. I am an end-user of the solution.

I can't say that I have specific advice as to why others should use this product. It's just another piece of the tool.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It's helpful and reliable.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Informatica, Quest Software, and more!
Updated: July 2022