IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Saba Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Saba Cloud is #10 ranked solution in top Learning Management Systems and #14 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools. PeerSpot users give Saba Cloud an average rating of 8 out of 10. Saba Cloud is most commonly compared to SAP SuccessFactors: Saba Cloud vs SAP SuccessFactors. Saba Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Talent Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Saba Cloud?

Saba is a global leader in next-generation cloud solutions for talent management. The company helps organizations transform the way they work by enabling the continuous learning, engagement and development of everyone in their people network, including employees, partners, and customers. Supporting the new world of work, Saba delivers learning, performance, succession, career development, workforce planning and compensation solutions that incorporate modern technologies such as social, collaboration, mobile and gamification. Saba solutions are based on the Saba Cloud platform, a highly scalable architecture that exceeds industry scalability, performance, and security standards.

Saba Cloud was previously known as Saba People Systems.

Saba Cloud Customers

Dell, Toyota, Graham, Bupa, Swedbank, KFC

Saba Cloud Video

Archived Saba Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

Director at Acitya
Reseller
Good virtual meeting facility, distance learning, and online assessment tools
  • "The Meeting feature is similar to a conference call facility that can be used for virtual meetings."
  • "The user interface is in need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Saba Cloud is one of the products that we implement for our clients. Our customers include banks, as well as other companies.

What is most valuable?

The Saba learning management system (LMS) is quite good. The platform includes a communication platform that uses social media, where users can use it to communicate with each other. They can create groups, have discussions, and so forth. The Meeting feature is similar to a conference call facility that can be used for virtual meetings. Distance learning, online assessment, and career planning features are very useful.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is in need of improvement. Reporting and analytics capabilities could be more flexible. The platform is more useful for a corporate team program rather than for individual users, which is something that could be improved. Better support for iOS is needed.

We have been working with Saba Cloud for about three years.
Talent Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cornerstone OnDemand, SAP, Workday and others in Talent Management. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Saba Cloud is very stable.

This is a very scalable solution and the performance is not an issue. It also supports mobile devices.

Online technical support is good but offline technical support can be improved a little bit.

I have worked with similar solutions in the past and I think that for a corporate setting, Saba is the best.  In my former company, we used the SAP SuccessFactors product. Compared to SAP, Saba is very reasonably priced. I also find that their platform is not as good as Saba. If I were rating SAP then I would score it a six out of ten.

The price is very reasonable, considering the quality.

What other advice do I have?

One of the good things with Saba is that they have money and time management in one platform. They have experts around the globe and take input from the users. It is quite easy to use, yet also quite powerful, and because the systems are integrated you don't have to manage two different ones. For example, if you need financial and time management reports then they are all in one place. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

it_user643644 - PeerSpot reviewer
Learning Technology Experiences Enabler / DevOps Noob - enthusiast at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Provided the ability to build cross-functional teams. The mobile app needs improving.

What is most valuable?

• I value the mobility: Anytime and anywhere
  • Ubiquity of technology: Accessible via browser, tablet, or smartphone

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided the ability to build cross-functional teams. It enables collaboration across a globally dispersed organization.

What needs improvement?

The mobile app needs improving. The product roadmap indicates that the improvements being released this year will put the mobile app and browser version at the same level.

I have used the product for two years personally, and for four years in my current organization.

The platform itself is very stable and secure. Just like with anything cloud, however, you are always going to encounter issues that are not common and resolved within minutes.

No issues with scalability were encountered. One of the platform benefits is the ease of scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 7/10.

At our current organization, this has been the platform of choice.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

Ask the vendor to arrange to engage you with customers who are the same size and see how they implemented the solution. Ask them what challenges they encountered. Find out what licensing options were considered and reflecting on their initial decision, if they would change anything now.

As mentioned, I was not involved in the initial setup

What other advice do I have?

Do your own research, speak to current customers, get access to the platform and test it for the months. Test everything: ILT, VLT, Web, Video, Mobile, Communities, etc.

Talent Management
June 2022
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user593436 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Clients can create external pages and then integrate them within the product.

What is most valuable?

Features such as the auto waitlist, prescriptive rules and team approvals are the most valuable in this product.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows the clients to do their customization within and outside of this product. For example, they can create external pages and can integrate them with Saba.

What needs improvement?

They can make it more simple in terms of UI. The UI is complex in regards to the navigation and functionality.

I have used this solution, i.e., the Saba Enterprise and Saba Cloud, for more than five years.

We did not face any issues while deploying the product nor did we encounter any stability issues either.

However, we may have faced some issues while dealing with enhancements.

• For the Saba Enterprise editions - Technical support is average.
  • For the Saba Cloud platform - Technical support is good.

I have been working with Saba from the beginning of my career and I am still continuing to do so.

It was quite simple and straightforward.

It should be a mutual co-operation between the vendor and in-house teams in order to implement the product. No single team, i.e., neither the in-house nor the vendor team, can individually implement this product.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to compare with other LMS products before they stick to any particular one.

They should consider other factors such as their user count, usability, budget, risk management, disaster management, the various types of functionalities that they are looking for and so on.

Download our free Talent Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cornerstone OnDemand, SAP, Workday, and more!
Updated: June 2022