RightScale Cloud Management Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

RightScale Cloud Management Platform is the #29 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give RightScale Cloud Management Platform an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. RightScale Cloud Management Platform is most commonly compared to IBM Turbonomic: RightScale Cloud Management Platform vs IBM Turbonomic. RightScale Cloud Management Platform is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is RightScale Cloud Management Platform?

With the RightScale Multi-Cloud Platform, you can mix and match public clouds, private clouds, and virtualized environments to meet your cloud portfolio strategy. In addition to clouds, you can support a portfolio of hypervisors — KVM, Xen, and vSphere — as well as operating systems — CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu, and Windows. A portfolio approach gives your enterprise the ability to future-proof your cloud strategy, optimize cost and performance, access a global footprint with best-of-breed capabilities, and gain financial flexibility and negotiating leverage.

RightScale Cloud Management Platform was previously known as RightScale MultiCloud Platform.

RightScale Cloud Management Platform Customers

Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace, Softlayer, Cloudstack, OpenStack, Vmware

RightScale Cloud Management Platform Video

RightScale Cloud Management Platform Pricing Advice

What users are saying about RightScale Cloud Management Platform pricing:
"The price is higher than an open-source product, or CloudForms, or IBM Cloud Pak, but it is still not very high."

RightScale Cloud Management Platform Reviews

Gagan Pattanayak - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Revenue Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Straightforward to set up and reasonably-priced, but the integration with other tools is limited
  • "The most valuable feature is Optima, which is something that we use quite extensively."
  • "Technical support is an area that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a provider of cloud solutions and the RightScale Cloud Management Platform is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Technical support is an area that can be improved.

If you are looking for a lot of automation then, because there are domain-specific languages, there is a learning curve. Once you learn that, and the language is not that difficult, it is okay.

There are a limited number of integrations. I would like to be able to integrate natively with a few other infrastructure tools.

We have been working with this platform for about six months.

Cloud Management
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Flexera, Scalr, Cisco and others in Cloud Management. Updated: December 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In terms of stability, we have had no problems up to this point.

This is a scalable product. Our clients are medium-sized companies.

Technical support is something that can improve, but we have our own technical team so we have not had to rely on them.

We have worked extensively on Red Hat CloudForms, which is now part of IBM Cloud Pak. There are some features in Cloud Pak that are not there in this product.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have our own team that provides technical support internally.

The pricing for this product works differently, as they charge you based on your cloud spend. The price is higher than an open-source product, or CloudForms, or IBM Cloud Pak, but it is still not very high. It's okay.

We did a POC with vRealize, and one with CloudCheckr.

What other advice do I have?

On the cloud management side, this product works well and there is nothing that our customers have mentioned they would like to have improved.

As a product, it is pretty well designed. My only real complaint is about the technical support. That said, if you have your own team then it's not a big issue.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.