IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Reduxio [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Reduxio [EOL]?

Reduxio's HX550 flash hybrid storage arrays, based on Reduxio's TimeOS storage operating system allow you to recover application data to any second in the past, eliminates most of the complexity associated with managing storage, and provides exceptional performance and efficiency, far exceeding anything available today.

Reduxio [EOL] Customers

Array Networks, Barnstable Police Department, Catbird, Dingley Press, El Dorado County Office of Education, One Workplace

Reduxio [EOL] Video

Archived Reduxio [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Administrator
Point-in-time restore capabilities are built into the storage appliance
  • "The whole product is based on point-in-time restore capabilities built into their storage appliance, and no one else I know does that."
  • "The only critique that we have is it needs the ability to have local users added. You have to log in as one built-in admin account. You can't create your own."

What is our primary use case?

Storage and backups.

How has it helped my organization?

We've only been using it a month, so it's too early to say.

What is most valuable?

It's a box that stores our files and backs them up.

What needs improvement?

The only critique that we have is it needs the ability to have local users added. You have to log in as one built-in admin account. You can't create your own.

Backup and Recovery Software
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Reduxio, Unitrends, Cohesity and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Less than one year.

We haven't had any stability issues.

No issues with scalability.

The sales and technical team were good. They explained everything very well.

We've used other storage and other back up solutions. We've never had it in one box. We switched because we needed a new storage and backup solution and this one fit both those bills together.

It took about 30 minutes to explain it all to us. The initial setup was very simple.

The product's pricing is a good value.

We looked at all the primary storage vendors out there: Pure Storage, Nimble Storage, NetApp, EMC.

What other advice do I have?

Our first impression when we were introduced to the product was very good. I still think it's very good. They are truly different. The whole product is based on point-in-time restore capabilities built into their storage appliance, and no one else I know does that.

I'd rate it a 10 out of 10 because it does everything that we have asked it to do.

it_user740850 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Administrator at a educational organization
User
It is superior in its ability to recover from any second
  • "The unit has been running at 100% without an issue."
  • "Any time I have needed anything, from a simple question to someone to be onsite, the customer service has been exceptional."
  • "The Reduxio unit is superior in its ability to recover from any second."
  • "It would be helpful to have the ability to recover virtual machines individually without having to restore the full LUN."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the Reduxio storage unit is for improving performance in our virtual environment as well as the added redundancies for recovery. Our school has been virtualized for the last nine years.

Our storage system prior to the installation of our Reduxio unit was comprised of all spinning disk. Ever since the implementation of our new unit, which consists of flash and spinning disk, we have seen an exceptional increase in our virtual computer performance.

How has it helped my organization?

One of my end users had reported that a new document which was saved to their virtual computer's desktop had been accidentally deleted. No backup had been completed in the short time frame between document creation and deletion. I was asked to help recover this file which had been worked on for several hours. In the past, I would not have been able to recover the document, however with our new Reduxio unit in place, I was able to recover the document using the backdating features. In minutes, I was able to recover the file.

What is most valuable?

Reduxio has an interface which is very user-friendly. Its ability to easily connect into a new infrastructure, and in minutes, be online as a new host for my VMware system is like no other storage unit that I have ever managed. Migration from my old storage onto my Reduxio unit was quick and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

Although, the ability to recover LUNs from any minute is very valuable. It would be helpful to have the ability to recover virtual machines individually without having to restore the full LUN.

The unit has been running at 100% without an issue.

On a scale of one to 10, I would rate the technical support with a nine.

I have used EMC for the last eight years. I switched because I wanted to get better performance and recovery options.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

The Reduxio technician came onsite. They had the unit running and configured in less than an hour.

I did look at multiple solutions. However, the Reduxio unit was superior in its ability to recover from any second.

What other advice do I have?

I sleep better at night knowing that my data is covered, especially in these times of ransomware and zero-day attacks.

Backup and Recovery Software
July 2022
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Intuitive graphical interface makes it easy to operate, and the "time machine" Snapshotting enables us to roll back to any point in time
  • "It has a very intuitive interface, it integrates more smoothly with our steps. With a different product from a different manufacturer, there are a lot more steps required to set up a volume, to make it available in VMware and to utilize it there."
  • "We like the way the Reduxio is designed, the way the managing/operating end is just so much easier; fewer steps, more intuitive steps. It has a number of features baked into it that, in other products, are additional licensed components, like compression and dedupe."
  • "The biggest feature, and one of the reasons we use it with the file shares, is its continuous Snapshotting. We can go back to almost to any point in time, not only to last night at midnight or a week ago, but 10 minutes ago or three-hours-and-so-many-seconds, or whatever the case may be. We already had a brush with ransomware in the past, so it's good to know we can dial back to just before a mishap happens."
  • "It's very intuitive, has a very modern interface. Instead of making the user set up a million parameters for things that the system knows better anyway, they put all the intelligence in the product and made the controls much easier."

What is our primary use case?

We use it with one of our VMware clusters, so file shares is one of the biggest, heaviest uses. It's basically the primary SAN data storage behind one of our data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest improvement, and most visible from the technical standpoint, where my group is the system administration group, is it's just easier to operate. It has a very intuitive interface, it integrates more smoothly with our steps. With a different product from a different manufacturer, there are a lot more steps required to set up a volume, to make it available in VMware and to utilize it there.

It has been very easy. We were shown it once and it is a very intuitive graphical interface that makes a lot of sense, which makes it obviously easy to operate.

What is most valuable?

We used, and still use, another SAN product in our other data center. We like the way the Reduxio is designed, the way the managing/operating end is just so much easier; fewer steps, more intuitive steps. It has a number of features baked into it that, in other products, are additional licensed components, like compression and dedupe.

The biggest one, and one of the reasons we use it with the file shares, is its continuous Snapshotting. We can go back to almost to any point in time, not only to last night at midnight or a week ago, but 10 minutes ago or three-hours-and-so-many-seconds, or whatever the case may be. We already had a brush with ransomware in the past, so it's good to know we can dial back to just before a mishap happens.

What needs improvement?

Some of the things that needed improvement have been already been worked on. When we first got it, it was a fantastic stand-alone unit but didn't have a lot of the converged features that are now present, nor the whole clustering capability, where you have more than one in data centers and they replicate. You can recover very easily and very quickly.

Much of what we needed has come to it. I haven't really had the time to think of what would be the nice next improvement.

So far for us, it has been stable. It is the kind of product that it either works or it doesn't. You know right away in a lot of cases.

We haven't had the need yet to scale. We were aware of some of the limitations in the early incarnations of the product but, from what I've been told from the upgrade notices, release notes, etc., a lot of these capabilities have been implemented and released to the public. I don't anticipate any scalability issues, definitely not in the timeframe that we'll be ready for scaling.

The sales team is very well versed and educated in the product. I suggested to them they may want to become a little more educated about competitive products so that they can better highlight the differences and the advantages. Regarding the technical team - we were privileged to get to talk to some of the developers and other people who are rarely accessible - I have, perhaps, a more favorable view than a lot of people might, because generally people don't get to talk to key developers of the product they're buying.

Their tech support is very, very good. Now, obviously, that has a little to do with the company scale. I don't imagine they will be able to provide the same, almost personalized, level of service they do today when, at some point, they have hundreds of thousands of customers. But, right now, the sales engineers, installation, sales, tech support, engineers have a pretty good grasp of the customer. You know who to contact, when to follow up, how to follow up. It has been fantastic.

Way back in the beginning when we were just starting, I think I had one or two technical questions. It was not difficult to get a hold of them and get them answered. On the flip side, with proactive monitoring, they are really good. We were doing some maintenance on our data center one day so the unit lost connectivity, the ability to call home. They made sure to track me down and verify that it wasn't anything malfunctioning in the unit.

We still have the other solution. We've had one for many years, long before Reduxio came on the scene, and we have been enhancing and upgrading that one. We are big enough to need more than one data center, and when looking how to enhance and build out the second data center, an opportunity presented itself, and that's when we deployed the Reduxio. So, we really haven't replaced anything yet, for some of the reasons I elsewhere in this review, with the whole funding scenario.

At that same time, when we were working on the data center, my other SAN product, also monitored, sent a notice, an email, that we had had a disruption, many hours after the fact. After all the services were restored, no one from the other company made any proactive effort to find out what was going on. That is just one of the differences.

The setup was not complicated. It was less than two hours from everything in boxes to everything online, and the Reduxio team did most of the work. It really was a very pleasant experience having it said up.

I'm not sure what the current pricing is. We definitely got a good value at the time. I know that we were still among the early adopters. Between that and our non-commercial status, they extended really fantastic pricing to us. For us, it was a great value.

The licensing is very simple with Reduxio. It is actually one of the attractions, unlike some of the other products. The other product we're using, in some of its incarnations, has extremely complex pricing, with every spindle having an associated license and fees. With Reduxio it's very simple. For the box - the hardware comes in essentially one configuration for the chassis, the unit (and you can buy multiple units and daisy-chain them) - there is no "a-la-carte," so many drives of this kind or that kind, etc. It has a basic hardware configuration. Then, through the software license, they allocate or assign you the right to use the full capacity, or half of it, or a quarter of it. Of course, if you're not using the full capacity but need to, it is a simple phone call to upgrade. It's as simple as it gets.

As I said, we have a different product in-house, and the parent company of that product actually owns a few others. I've been to a number of trade shows and seen yet more competitors and have been getting calls from them. This one, Reduxio, stood out for a number of reasons, particularly the way it operates and the features set, the whole continuous Snapshotting, and having the inherent backups; being able to recover more easily and lose less data should something untoward happen.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of my first impression of Reduxio, and whether it has changed over time, the answer is "yes and no." The yes part is that there are new features that have arrived with the product that weren't there when we first looked at it, when we first purchased it. We actually asked them if they were on the horizon or being planned. The changes were all positive. Now there is the clustering capability, the mirroring which didn't exist some time ago. But, we haven't found any faults or shortcomings that we didn't know about. If anything, like I said, they've eliminated a number of them that existed when we first started looking.

A lot of people use the expression "revolutionary technology" excessively, but most of the data storage SANs have been very similar, very consistent in their feature sets and approaches. The individual algorithms may vary, or what code they started with under the hood, but in principle, they are very similar. Reduxio is the first one to introduce some pretty big - I'd say radical - changes. Just about every other product I looked at, the compression and dedupe are an afterthought. They're optional. You can have them, you can leave them out. But with Reduxio, they're part of the design, they're baked right in, they are an integral part, not something you turn on and turn off. They are a key component of how it operates. Similarly, the whole Snapshotting - they call it the time machine - is very different from the way all the other products I've looked at operate.

As for considering replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio's converged primary and secondary platform, we are a public school district, kindergarten-to-12, so funding is always a scarce commodity. So, it's something we're thinking about, we've discussed internally, but it's going to take a while, simply because we have investments in other products and we need to fully use up those investments before we will be granted funding to make a major change like that.

Regarding advice, I would say fully understand the complete feature set, the complete philosophy behind the product. On the one hand, at a very rudimentary level, it is data storage. So, obviously, it is compared with and competes against other data storage products. But it is designed very differently, with some different premises and concepts, the whole recovery aspect - whether recovering data for a virtual server that became corrupted or recovering an entire unit, from hybrid or cloud storage.

When comparing with other solutions, you really need to understand the technological differences of this product to appreciate it. If you think about it in terms of any of the conventional SAN storage solutions, then you are left looking at only the dollars and cents. I suspect that because of the choice they've made not to tinker with the hardware too much, it might not always be competitive. I'm sure that some of the other grow-as-you-go products start cheaper, but that would be a flawed way of looking at it. When it comes to actual deployment, in my experience at least, it's been an extremely easy thing. It's very intuitive, has a very modern interface. Instead of making the user set up a million parameters for things that the system knows better anyway, they put all the intelligence in the product and made the controls much easier.

We are very excited about it. We support them wholeheartedly.

So far, in my experience, I'd give it a full 10 out of 10. We haven't had any problems or issues, and the support has been fantastic. It has been a very, very positive experience, at least so far.

Alexander Amore - PeerSpot reviewer
    System Enginner at Cavicchio Greenhouses Incorporated
    We do not have to worry about ransomware and can rollback to any point in time
    • "We love the fact that we do not have to worry about ransomware and can rollback to any point in time."
    • "t would be helpful to have a mobile app to monitor the storage array remotely."

What is our primary use case?

We needed more storage and Reduxio came to our rescue. We are very happy with how the whole process unfolded!

How has it helped my organization?

Since we installed our new storage unit we have noticed a big performance boost. Our reports are running a lot faster saving us time.

What is most valuable?

We love the fact that we do not have to worry about ransomware and can rollback to any point in time. We can sleep easy knowing our data is safe.

What needs improvement?

This is a hard one because I am very happy with the service, and they have gone above and beyond to make us happy. So, I really can't say there needs to be improvement. If I was going to add a feature to the Reduxio unit, maybe it would be helpful to have a mobile app to monitor the storage array remotely.

Not at all.

Not at all.

We love it! Every time we call, we get nothing but the best support. We are very happy.

Yes, it was out of date, and we were running out of space.

Yes, their tech support came out and made sure everything was installed correctly.

Not sure.

Just make sure you have a good network before doing anything.

What other advice do I have?

Don't shop anywhere else. Reduxio is 100% the way to go.

Network Manager, Information Technology at Whitmore High School
    User
    Its box has improved our resiliency and management overhead
    • "The Reduxio box has improved our resiliency and management overhead."
    • "Reduxio offers a very simple, elegant user interface (design) to manage it."
    • "Reduxio provides a means of backing up the data that you store in it down to one second granularity."
    • "Needs to be made easier to use with slightly older versions of VMware."
    • "The ability to look at data at a file level would be useful, as well as the ability recover at that level. Right now, you can only recover whole volumes."

What is our primary use case?

While looking for a SAN, I came across the Reduxio solution by chance. It has not only resolved the issue of replacing our old SANs, but provided a radical solution to threats posed by ransomware with its backdating feature which is built-in.

How has it helped my organization?

The Reduxio box has improved our resiliency and management overhead. While EqualLogic provided a very elaborate SAN HQ to manage the box, Reduxio offers a very simple, elegant user interface (design) to manage it.

The following give the team who acquire Reduxio boxes a big advantage:

• Reliability
    • Reduced management overhead
    • Resiliency
    • Performance.

What is most valuable?

• Backdating
    • User interface

Reduxio provides a means of backing up the data that you store in it down to one second granularity. This means if you are hit with ransomware, you do not lose data. All you do is rotate the dial to a point in time where you know the data was intact. That is it, and you are back in business. The user interface makes it easy to keep an eye on it, which you do not have to as Reduxio teams keep a 24/7 eye on it. They will alert you if there is a problem before you find out.

What needs improvement?

Make it easier to use with slightly older versions of VMware.

Less than one year.

We have not encountered any issues with the stability. It is a very solid product.

We have not scaled this box.

The service is great.

Having come to the end of the road for our EqualLogic SANs, we were looking for a new SAN. Around the same time (end of 2016), 2017 was predicted be the year of ransomware and that many services would be disrupted by ransomware attacks.

We switched because our warranties had come to an end. We had the option to buy a new SAN, if needed.

We implement through the vendor.

ROI is how much (time, money, resources) you will save in case of a ransomware attack because you had this box.

We have full use of the box (in terms of capacity). I think that you are able to buy a minimum capacity, then grow your capacity within the box as you expand your data needs.

Set up costs are minimal. We were early adopters so we received really good pricing.

We evaluated only one other before we came across Reduxio. Once we found out what the box could do, which as of yet (to my knowledge) other vendors can't, it was just a case of acquiring the box.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest you obtain it if you can. It is not a difficult decision to make at this point in time. In time, it is possible that other manufacturers will catch up with the Reduxio concept. Right now, it is the only box that does backdating and deduping  of data within the same box.

it_user850404 - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    "Time machine" feature allows us to go back a few seconds or a few minutes, to before a ransomware attack
    • "It has improved our backup and recovery window, because you can have two Reduxio machines linked up, so every block that changes on the primary storage array gets replicated to the secondary storage array. If one side or the other goes bad, you just recover from the other side."
    • "We were also pleased to learn that Reduxio also has, beside dedup and compression that actually works, the "time machine" built in, which allows you to go back a few seconds or a few minutes before a ransomware attack gets you."
    • "Most storage arrays when you buy them, they call it a "forklift upgrade," where a forklift comes in there and pulls out the old storage, and brings in a new storage. But with Reduxio, it can use all your old storage arrays, whether they're NetApp, or IBM, or EMC, or HPE, as targets for doing backups."
    • "The only thing that I'd like to see, at some point in time, is having the storage array being able to detect a ransomware attack. When you get hit by a ransomware it rewrites every block in your guest's virtual machine. So there should be a way for them to be able to detect that: "Hey, this is unusual, to see every block of this guest being rewritten all at one time," and then flag that as potential malware or ransomware."
    • "Scalability is a little unusual. We came from the NetApp world where, if you needed more disk space, you just added more drives into the chassis, whereas with Reduxio, if you need more disk space, you have to buy a new chassis."
    • "the only thing I would say negative about Reduxio is the cabling was a little bit confusing at first, but now that we understand it, it's easy. It was just so different from what we've seen before. That was the only hard part to get used to. The storage array is fully redundant, so there are some cross-connect cables that you have to run, from the A side to the B side, and the B side back to the A side, and we've just never seen anything like that before. But now that I understand the design, it makes complete sense. But initially it was confusing."

What is our primary use case?

It's our primary storage array.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

We were also pleased to learn that Reduxio also has, beside dedup and compression that actually works, the "time machine" built in, which allows you to go back a few seconds or a few minutes before a ransomware attack gets you. For us, in the software business - I can see where some companies, their main concern is how many IOs per second it can do - but for us, it's recovering from ransomware. That's our number one characteristic that we look for. Then, the second one would be IOs per second. Everybody else does Snapshots, and that's just not workable, because if you're doing a Snapshot every minute and a half you run out of storage so fast, and you need four times the storage capacity to be able to take those Snapshots to recover from ransomware.

The most important feature to me is being able to recover from ransomware. Because of the "time machine" that's built into the product, you can go back to five seconds before the ransomware hits your company's data, and prevent the ransomware from ever happening, and in today's business climate where there are so many ransomware attacks going on, that's me the most important thing.

And one other feature that I think is unique to Reduxio that you should probably know about is, most storage arrays when you buy them, they call it a "forklift upgrade," where a forklift comes in there and pulls out the old storage, and brings in a new storage. But with Reduxio, it can use all your old storage arrays, whether they're NetApp, or IBM, or EMC, or HPE, as targets for doing backups.
    In our situation, once we had all of our guests off of NetApp, we then used the NetApp storage array as our backup target. We would write backup copies of the guests to NetApp and also to the cloud. So we'd have a local copy for recovery purposes, and a cloud copy for disaster recovery if the whole datacenter disappeared. Reduxio does that for you. It can write a backup copy to any storage array and, at the same time, write another copy to just about any cloud provider.

What needs improvement?

No issues with stability at all.

Scalability is a little unusual. We came from the NetApp world where, if you needed more disk space, you just added more drives into the chassis, whereas with Reduxio, if you need more disk space, you have to buy a new chassis. We ended up buying two new chasses, and then we load-balance between the two of them, and then the third one is the secondary target.

The technical team was wonderful. They came up to Vegas, and they not only installed it for us, but they educated us on its use. My IT guy was up and running. As far as sales, I initially had a third-party vendor that was doing the sale. Then, somewhere along the line, I requested that I deal directly with Reduxio. The guy I dealt with, his name is Sam Eckhouse, and he's great. He was really good.

I've never personally used their tech support but my IT guy did, and he said it was great.

We previously used NetApp, but all our developers were complaining about the performance.

After our proof of concept with Reduxio was over, because the paperwork was taking awhile through our legal department, we had to move all of our guests off the Reduxio back to our NetApp storage. Within a week, every developer was calling, complaining about how horrible the performance was, and they needed more memory, and they needed more CPU. We had to explain this to every one of them that called and say, "No it's not that, it's the fact that we had to temporarily move off of Reduxio back onto NetApp, and that as soon as the paperwork was done we were going to move back to Reduxio."

That's a really good testimony to their performance capability.

In terms of the learning curve, our team was already using the iSCSI storage arrays, but the Reduxio people came out and helped us do the initial install in our Las Vegas datacenter. And the only thing I would say negative about Reduxio is the cabling was a little bit confusing at first, but now that we understand it, it's easy. It was just so different from what we've seen before. That was the only hard part to get used to.

I think the pricing is good value, because you're not just buying a storage array, you're buying a backup solution and a DR solution and a "time machine" solution, all bundled in one storage array. When we had NetApp storage we had to then go out and buy a copy of Veeam which is a backup solution. With the Reduxio, you still need to do backups but you don't need that software product.

Unicom is a software development company, and as such we have a very unique storage workload. I spent a year and a half researching storage arrays, and I went through EMC, HPE; I talked to Datrium, I talked to Tintri. I think another one was called DataCore. All in all it was about a dozen of them, and they all pretty much are the same, to tell you the truth. Reduxio is one of the few unique ones in the market.

None of the others we tried met the performance characteristics we were looking at, and none of them met the dedup and compression characteristics we were looking for, until we accidentally stumbled upon Reduxio at a meeting in Irvine, California. They do everything they say they do, which is unusual in the storage business.

One of the problems with software development companies is, a normal production company could have, say, 100 Windows 10 machines, and all 100 of them will be almost identical. So the normal storage array only makes one copy, and then makes copies of the blocks that are different. But in the development business, every virtual machine is different from every other virtual machine. So the typical dedup and compression that you get from Tintri or Datrium or the HPE solutions just doesn't work for us.

What other advice do I have?

I was quite blown away in Irvine when I first saw the presentation from Reduxio, because it was everything that I was looking for, and they lived up to everything they said they could do.

They don't strike me as just another storage vendor. To me they're revolutionary, because nobody else has this "time machine" capability. Everybody else uses a 20-year-old technology called Snapshots. Think of a Snapshot as taking a picture of the way things looked an hour ago, or three hours ago, or eight hours ago. Then, if something bad happens, you have to go back eight hours. With "time machine" you could literally go back a block at a time until you get to the point where the data is okay. It's very revolutionary.

We have actually replaced our storage and backup with Reduxio's converged primary and secondary platform. We're using Reduxio for our primary and secondary, and in addition to that, we use our old NetApp as a target for long term backups.

Of course, everything above is just my personal opinion, it does not represent the opinion of my company.

it_user837477 - PeerSpot reviewer
    System administrator at Stellingwerf College
    User
    Ability to recover our data to the second
    • "We can offer a lot more storage to our end users.​"
    • "We are able to recover to the second, if needed, our data. This greatly improves restore capability, for example, if there is a cryptolocker outbreak or data loss."
    • "It would be nice feature if the GUI had an option to export the current unit configuration to a file or an email recipient. In case of a disaster, this way it would be quicker to get a replacement unit up and running again."

What is our primary use case?

We are a public school for secondary education. We use the HX550 as primary storage for our production environment. Our environment is based on a number of ESXi hosts. With a mixed amount of servers, Microsoft, Linux, databases, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

The interface and setup are simple. There is much less administration needed, and we can use this time to do other tasks.

Our disaster recovery capabilities have also greatly improved with minimal investment.

What is most valuable?

Backdating: We are able to recover to the second, if needed, our data. This greatly improves restore capability, for example, if there is a cryptolocker outbreak or data loss.

NoRestore: We were able to use our existing QNAP iSCSI storage for a near replication disaster recovery setup. The data stored is deduped and compressed, thus efficiently stored and transferred.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice feature if the GUI had an option to export the current unit configuration to a file or an email recipient. In case of a disaster, this way it would be quicker to get a replacement unit up and running again.

Less than one year.

The performance increase is significant over our replaced storage. Our servers respond lightning fast and the end user experience has greatly improved. We can offer a lot more storage to our end users.

Nalin Uduwawala - PeerSpot reviewer
    Nalin UduwawalaNetwork Manager, Information Technology at Whitmore High School
    User

WE use Reduxio and I back this review 100% or More. It's such a shame that they have decided to go down a different path. Now I am having to find a potential replacement.

Any ideas? I am thinking of going to Nimble, Datrium or Datacore. I would like to hear from the community their plans to migrate away from the wonderful platform I will remember for a long time.

Vice President of Information Technology at a museum or institution with 51-200 employees
    Provides granular backups, the ability to go back in time, and ease of use
    • "In terms of deployment and also data storage, the deduplication ability of it has reduced that footprint."
    • "One of the beautiful parts about it is the whole user interface. It's almost too simple. As an IT professional, you think, "Where are the works, how am I assured that this is actually protecting my data?" The ease of use in terms of deployment, and also the metrics that it feeds back to you are also among the many attractive features of the whole platform."
    • "We had a brief hiccup, a brief outage, during one upgrade process, but it wasn't too extreme."

What is our primary use case?

It's primary storage.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of deployment and also data storage, the deduplication ability of it has reduced that footprint. It allows me as a systems administrator to have better control over data. It gives me some reassurance, if we're ever hit with malware, that we won't be completely disabled.

What is most valuable?

The ability to have granular backups of your data, or be able to go back in time, the NoRestore feature. They're a company that's really on the cutting edge in the data realm. The features, overall, were just too good to pass up, even though it comes at a premium. It's just a fantastic product.

One of the beautiful parts about it too is the whole user interface. It's almost too simple. As an IT professional, you think, "Where are the works, how am I assured that this is actually protecting my data?"

The ease of use in terms of deployment, and also the metrics that it feeds back to you. Those are among the many attractive features of the whole platform.

What needs improvement?

We had a brief hiccup during one upgrade process, but it wasn't too extreme. I can't think of any other areas right now. During that upgrade we had a brief outage but it was quickly remedied.

Less than one year.

I don't think I've even hit ceiling with this thing, and I don't know if I ever will. It's just the way it handles data intelligently, and its ability to scale, is just fantastic.

Great. They've reached out to me multiple times. Sales rep has been fantastic. He was during deployment as well. I think they're really great people, and it seems like they really care about their customers, they want their customers to be successful.

Tech support has been really strong. You can reach out to them. I haven't had any troubles at all with tech support. Overall, just very positive.

We were using EqualLogic from Dell, and it was just slow as molasses. Dell is just too big. They say they're for their SMB customer, but they really aren't. They really just want to push product. Plus, they gave up on a product that they were marketing as an overall solution. So now I have a solution from them, not that it's supposed to last forever, but now it's just an aging, obsolete piece of equipment basically.

It's not really complex. The overall ease of use in terms of the user interface, the hands-on delivery and instructions provided by sales, made it a very smooth experience.

You want the best, you've got to pay for the best, that's all. In terms of licensing, just work with your VAR.

We were looking at EMC and Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

The first impression of Reduxio, when I saw the demo at a colleague's workspace, it was pretty eye-opening and it just looked like a fantastic product. Having deployed it, that impression really hasn't changed. I think our particular deployment scenarios are a bit different in terms of having unique data. My deduplication rates aren't necessarily the same as someone else because I have a lot of unique data. But I'm still glad I purchased it. There are just too many features that are too attractive to have any regrets over buying it.

I have not considered replacing our storage and backup with the Reduxio converged primary and secondary platform, just because I'm limited in terms of finances and budget. But if I could, I would.

They don't strike me as just another vendor, I consider them really on the cutting edge of storage.

I rate it a 10 out of 10 because of the ease of use and customer service.

Do your research. Look at overall cost factors, and I think you'll come away with an understanding that Reduxio offers the best product out there for the money.

it_user840192 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director of Information Services
    Reduced footprint, saves money on refresh, maintenance; a major performance upgrade
    • "The TimeOS support and I/O performance. For instance, recovery of data from any point in time, and the speed of the unit, are incredible compared to other devices we reviewed."
    • "The support has been so responsive and great, they feel like one of our staff members."
    • "Needs some hooks into cloud storage for backup. Also they should update the system to use additional secondary storage as a resource."

What is our primary use case?

VMware storage device.

How has it helped my organization?

This device has allowed us to reduce our footprint, saving money on equipment refresh and maintenance. It has given us a major upgrade in performance I/O, increasing database response time and increasing efficiencies.

The refresh of an older SAN was crtical this year. Reduxio was able to far exceed our needs within the available budget, and made the SAN transition easy and transparent. It require no downtime during the conversion.

What is most valuable?

The TimeOS support and I/O performance. For instance, recovery of data from any point in time, and the speed of the unit, are incredible compared to other devices we reviewed. We can backdate to any time necessary to recover from any kind of disaster, like ransomware.

It is very easy to use, very easy to configure, very easy to manipulate how we manage our data stores.

What needs improvement?

• Have some hooks into cloud storage for backup.
    • Update the system to use additional secondary storage as a resource.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability, the way the product is deployed.

I would rate tech support #1. The support has been so responsive and great, they feel like one of our staff members. They provide unmatched support for our organization. They are very easy to deal with, very comprehensive on their demos and in their knowledge. They are very helpful in all aspects from the demo to the sales to the implementation.

Hardware refresh cycle demanded the replacement of an older EMC VNXe 3100 unit within our VMware array. We needed to find a new solution for our data store. We looked around, we shopped at all the products that were out there. We looked at hyper-converged. And at the end of the day, Reduxio met the needs that we had, actually exceeded them at the time.

Too easy. Engineering Support arrived, set up, trained, and began migrating data stores within two hours. They gave us great training up-front.

There was little learning curve. The device training was excellent, and very fast to pick up how to use. You don't need to be a storage engineer to use this device.

Only one device is sold. Negotiate the initial storage, but you can start small and move up with ease. Negotiate.

We went with the base tier. It's one size. Even though you're buying licensing for a certain amount of storage, there is actually a lot more storage built into the box, which is great. You have that expandability within the component, without having to go out and retool or buy more storage. It's already built into the unit.

EMC VNXe, HPE MSA 2040, Nutanix, Nimble, Tegile.

What other advice do I have?

We have not looked into the option of replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

However, we were impressed by the TimeOS ability to recover data to any point in time. Now that we are using the device we are more impressed with the I/O speed and ease of managing the unit. We have become more efficient by using this device.

Reduxio is not just another vendor. Definitely different. From sales to support, the company has been extremely impressive, far exceeding our expectations. I would call them an innovator within the sector.

I'd definitely give it two thumbs up. From their sales to the service, the way they managed the implementation, it was just flawless. It was a no-brainer, and they hit it out of the park on the product. If you're looking for local storage vs. cloud, it's definitely the solution to go with, especially with their time warp feature. If you're worried about ransomware it will enable yo to recover from that.

My advice: Buy it, love it, never look back.

it_user837510 - PeerSpot reviewer
    System Administrator with 10,001+ employees
    Provides us with ease of use, capacity, and performance, and comes fully licensed
      • "The only thing that I would point out would be the basic administration management of the machine. Everything has rights, meaning that there's either all control or no delegated control. So to sum that up, it would be a feature request for delegated management in the administrative console."

What is our primary use case?

For primary storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Increase in performance has been very significant.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
      • Stability
      • Capacity
      • Performance

Of course, having the backup schema as it is, is a very nice feature as well.

No issues with stability.

It looks to be very scalable. For our size, it would be scalable.

Fantastic, especially the tech team. They went beyond the call of duty to get us transitioned from our previous vendor.

We did use a previous solution. We opened it up for alternate competitive solutions, and Reduxio won out.

It was straightforward.

The pricing that we got, we were okay with, but I think we got a very competitive bid on it. The product's pricing is good value.

One of the key selling points of the Reduxio was that it really is fully licensed for the unit. There are no additional licenses needed for the product, which really helps scalability. There were no additional options to purchase, per se. They were already wrapped into the product.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of my first impression, I was impressed with it very much, from the time we started looking at it. There has really not been any change. I think they're truly different from others in ease of use and stability. There has hardly been a learning curve at all.

At this point, we are basically just in the process of deploying the initial Reduxio purchase, so we haven't considered replacing our storage backup with Reduxio's converged primary and secondary platform.

My advice would be: Seriously consider it. We've been very pleased with it. For a group or company/corporation that needs an easily scalable storage solution, this is a good product.

Also, I would definitely say have a demonstration of it. Definitely talk to them, discuss how it would fit into your current storage schema. Either attend or see a demo of the unit.

it_user836460 - PeerSpot reviewer
      Director Informatics at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
      • "The machine installed without difficulty."
      • "​​The machine has been easy to use.​"
      • "Takes advantage of deduplication and compression through as much of the content of VMs which are similar."
      • "Improves the response of the VMs by having the most used portions on the flashcache."
      • "The user interface for the web console could be more user-friendly, while it is flashy, how to find functions is not necessarily obvious.​"

What is our primary use case?

Virtual machine servers (primarily Windows 2012 with some CentOS Linux) and Oracle databases (on Red Hat Linux).

How has it helped my organization?

The provision for high availability by sharing Reduxio storage among hosts, which was the most important.

What is most valuable?

The product was purchased for three reasons:

1. Enables multiple hosts access to the virtual machines by providing for moving VMs due to maintenance or host failure.
      2. Takes advantage of deduplication and compression through as much of the content of VMs which are similar.
      3. Improves the response of the VMs by having the most used portions on the flashcache.

What needs improvement?

Capacity possibly need improvement. The product fills a nice segment where top access speed is not needed (i.e., pure flash), but consolidated management of servers is faster and more convenient.

Less than one year.

Had one power supply fail that was replaced quickly by the technical staff.

We knew the limits of the capacity and our needs fit within those limits.

The data needs for general storage exceed the capacity of the Reduxio, so we have not considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

Technical support is very good. Working with both the sales and technical teams has been good.

We augmented our environment with the Reduxio. The VMs were previously on a RAID 6 system which was more difficult to share among hosts simultaneously.

The flashcache and deduplication are the distinguishing characteristics from the system that Reduxio replaced for VMs.

The initial setup was straightforward, and the Reduxio team was very cooperative when assistance was required.

The machine installed without difficulty.

The pricing and licensing were favorable.

The advantage of using HDDs to store (versus pure flash) makes the price point attractive versus other options.

We evaluated Pure Storage and Nimble.

What other advice do I have?

The machine has been easy to use.

Be sure to utilize Reduxio's support as they can be very helpful.

TamirFahima - PeerSpot reviewer
      IT Infrastructure Manager at Afcon Holdings
      We can deploy projects quickly, no need to buy a new shelf or disks, just create a VM
      • "Ease of use, time to market and scalability are all advantages. We can install new software and new applications in no time. That means we don't need buy a new shelf or new disks, just create a virtual machine and the system does everything behind the scenes."
      • "If Reduxio could manage multiple Reduxio systems within the same dashboard, or manage them as a single mode, it be very, very helpful for us."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is for sales of virtual infrastructure at Afcon. We're using something like 50 terabytes of data, of virtual VMDK 5.

How has it helped my organization?

We deployed a new project and application and I didn't even have to call my boss and ask for a new budget for new disks and new storage. We just implemented the application in no time. With a "zero-day snapshot" we can back-date if there is a corruption in the database. It's been very helpful to us.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
      • Time to market
      • Scalability

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability. For now, the system is loaded at about 50% and it works fine.

I have a very good impression of Reduxio's technical team. There have been no bugs. But they respond very fast if customers ask for new features, and I ask for those new features. They deploy them quickly into the system.

I get fantastic support from the Israeli staff, I don't really know how they could improve it.

I used many, six or seven vendors before Reduxio. NetApp, EMC, IBM, HPE, etc. What makes Reduxio different is the ease of use, although the reliability is the same as the others. My three-year-old daughter, who knows how to play with an iPad can easily manage the Reduxio system. It took five minutes of learning. The learning curve is very fast.

We also switched because of the value for money of Reduxio is very high.

Two hours and the system was up, after checking the infrastructure.

I think they're really worth what I get. It's not cheap, but I get all I need.

NetApp, EMC, HPE.

What other advice do I have?

My first impression of Reduxio was that they were the coolest startup in the neighborhood. They do storage and they do it well, well enough that Afcon can trust them. It's very helpful.

I have considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio's converged primary and secondary platform. I need another storage solution for my DR environment, and I'm really think about Reduxio as the solution.

it_user835110 - PeerSpot reviewer
      Director, IT & Technical Support at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
      The "down-to-the-second" restore capability, native to the device, is valuable
      • "The down-to-the-second restore capability, native to the device is a valuable feature."
      • "The latest release limits web access to the admin console via Chrome only, and that's a bit of a hassle. Would definitely prefer something less restrictive there."
      • "We had a single failure of the device but believe that it was tied to the server losing contact with our NTP server due to DNS issues. As Reduxio is very time-dependent, losing sync made the entire array unstable."

What is our primary use case?

Storage for our VMware cluster.

How has it helped my organization?

We are almost entirely virtualized, so responsive and reliable flash storage for our VMs is critical to performance.

What is most valuable?

• Fast
      • Data-efficient
      • The down-to-the-second restore capability, native to the device
      • The UI is very simple in Reduxio, not difficult at all to navigate and work with

What needs improvement?

Room for improvement is a harder question than you might think. Reduxio does its job very well for us. Reliable and fast. The latest release limits web access to the admin console via Chrome only, and that's a bit of a hassle. Would definitely prefer something less restrictive there.

Yes. We had a single failure of the device but believe that it was tied to the server losing contact with our NTP server due to DNS issues. As Reduxio is very time-dependent, losing sync made the entire array unstable. Support assisted with a fix very quickly.

No issues with scalability.

We have a good relationship with sales and technical. They are frank and accommodating, and the technical support we have had has always been quick and competent.

We previously used Nimble (still have an older install on premise), and switched largely due to price and for the restore flexibility of the Reduxio.

Very straightforward. Implementation was done alongside Reduxio support and they made sure everything was accounted for.

The compression and dedupe are very effective on Reduxio, so it may be worth asking about licensing partial capacity on a unit, if the full capacity seems overkill for your environment.

We mostly evaluated against a refresh of our existing Nimble storage.

What other advice do I have?

Our first impression of Reduxio was that it was simple to setup and use, and highly reliable. That impression has not changed over time at all.

They definitely feel like a different kind of vendor. It may be because we got involved very early on with Reduxio, but to me it still has the feel of a startup operation in the best ways. They are eager to expand, nimble, and when we are working with their team it feels like input and feedback can actually get somewhere where they will be listened to. Reduxio feels like a AAA product that doesn't come with all the baggage of working with a AAA manufacturer.

We have not yet considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

One note of advice: Honestly, it's stable enough but don't forget to still engineer some redundancy in your environment.

BackDating feature allows us to go back to any point, at one-second granularity
      • "The BackDating feature which allows us to go back to any point in the past at one second granularity, is an amazing feature and allows us to recover from any mishap to our data – whether it's a malware attack, an application error or a human error. We have never seen this capability in any other storage product."
      • "The always-on deduplication and compression is also effective and allows us to achieve about 3x savings on space utilization."
      • "In terms of ease of use, the GUI is quite amazing and seems to be taken from a computer game. Literally within 30 minutes, we had learned almost everything there is on the management UI and started managing the device."
      • "Scalability. Reduxio has only one product, they don’t have an option, for now, to expand the storage product."

What is our primary use case?

Exchange, SQL, file server.

How has it helped my organization?

Our ability to respond to any data damage has improved dramatically. Performance has also improved substantially.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use is another advantage – administration is extremely simple.

Less than one year.

The system has been extremely stable.

Not an issue for us at this stage.

Sales and technical teams are very professional, friendly, and honest. The technical support in particular is excellent. They have proactive support which alerts us immediately when any issue is identified.

Yes, we used a different product from one of the large storage vendors. We switched because the service contract ended.

Extremely simple and straightforward. In 30 minutes the system was installed and we could start setting up volumes.

Reduxio’s licensing model is quite attractive. All licenses are included in the product pricing.

What other advice do I have?

First impression was that "it's too good to be true" and we wanted to see if the product really does deliver all the capabilities that were presented to us. It's not "just another storage vendor". Reduxio has definitely created a different category with their technology.

The simplicity of managing the product is light years ahead of any storage products we have ever managed. The BackDating feature gives us a time machine that we can use to traverse time and go back to any second – no other storage product does anything close to this.

In terms of ease of use, the GUI is quite amazing and seems to be taken from a computer game. Literally within 30 minutes, we had learned almost everything there is on the management UI and started managing the device. No other product we have come across comes close to the simplicity and ease of use of Reduxio.

Still, we have not considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

it_user827505 - PeerSpot reviewer
      CIO at a tech company
      Give us flexibility, frequency of restore points, immediate data recovery, and ease of use
      • "Immediate data recovery: critical to business continuity in an age of unknown cyber threats."
      • "Flexibility and frequency of restore points: allow me to economically customize the range of time for data restoration, according to the varying sensitivities of each type of data."
      • "Efficiency of data management (Tier-X tiering, and NoDup inline dedupliclation and compression) provide for quick response time (+150k IOPS) during regular usage."
      • "Ease of user interface: prevents distractions and confusion when dealing with real-time catastrophes and high-pressure situations. Overall, it extremely easy to use. My team was trained within less than two hours."

What is our primary use case?

Data storage and recovery.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has not improved the way my organization functions (yet) but it has the potential to get my organization up and running within seconds of incurring a malicious attack, or otherwise disastrous issue, with regards to data management.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable to me are:

• Immediate data recovery: critical to business continuity in an age of unknown cyber threats.
        • Flexibility and frequency of restore points: allow me to economically customize the range of time for data restoration, according to the varying sensitivities of each type of data.
        • Efficiency of data management (Tier-X tiering, and NoDup inline dedupliclation and compression) provide for quick response time (+150k IOPS) during regular usage.
        • Ease of user interface: prevents distractions and confusion when dealing with real-time catastrophes and high-pressure situations. Overall, it extremely easy to use.  My team was trained within less than two hours.

What needs improvement?

I think that the only issue that I would like to see an improvement in would be the price.

Less than one year.

I have not encountered any issues with stability.

I have not yet had the need for scalability, but I do not anticipate an issue in the future.

The Reduxio sales and technical team was, perhaps, the most dramatic and impressive part of the package. I discovered open, honest, and candid professionals that provided my staff and me with intelligent explanations and modest, yet convincing answers to our questions. I have dealt with team members Effie Glass, Barak Zigdon, and Daniel Fragin and I regard them each with integrity and respect.

In my humble opinion, the technical support is outstanding. I would also note that they respond quickly and generously.

I have restored data with other solutions, but they were not comparable to Reduxio with regards to immediacy, flexibility, frequency of restore points, efficiency of data management, and ease of user interface.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Pricing/licensing is a business decision based on an equation of risk versus opportunity. I cannot offer advice on this issue.

I did not evaluate other options, as I have yet to encounter any comparable solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My first impression of Reduxio was, "Hey, this is the first solution that I have ever encountered that can truly ensure business continuity," and my impression has not yet changed. For that reason Reduxio does not strike me as just another vendor.

I have considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform but my budget does not permit doing so.

I would advise others looking to implement this product that they base their decision on an overall IT strategy, rather than deciding upon a reaction to some particular need or problem.

BackDating option enables us to restore volumes based on time
        • "By using the BackDating option we can restore volumes based on time. It also reduces volumes and maintenance time."
        • "It needs integration with cloud vendors for remote storage, and to be able to restore a single machine from a specific volume."
        • "Integration is needed with other virtual vendors like VMware, Veeam, Hyper-V; that integration needs to be deeper, not just the way that they're using it now. I know that it's under development, but I think this is one of the disadvantages, for now, as a young company. They have to work with the other players on the market."
        • "They're trying to do this, but they need to show more what their growth plan is, the development, what the next steps are, the future."

What is our primary use case?

Corproate data storage. We use it to hold all of our virtual servers, file servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we moved to Reduxio, we had difficulties managing what had been backed up. We have to be very, very specific, professional with backups and, with Reduxio, it's very easy to manage and use. This is a benefit from the product because although it's doing what all others do, it's doing it better.

What is most valuable?

• Super easy to use, manage, maintain; just jump into the pool and start to swim, the learning curve was super quick.
        • Very good price/performance solution.
        • Straightforward to learn.
        • The ability to scale out, adding more capacity, is very easy.

What needs improvement?

Integration is needed with other virtual vendors like VMware, Veeam, Hyper-V; that integration needs to be deeper, not just the way that they're using it now. I know that it's under development, but I think this is one of the disadvantages, for now, as a young company. They have to work with the other players on the market.

Also, they're trying to do this, but they need to show more what their growth plan is, the development, what the next steps are, the future; to let the customers feel and trust that they're not just another storage company, that they are different.

Finally, we have a few small items. We can't call them issues, rather they are unresolved questions about controlling the machine. Each level of support, the technical guys in their company, should have his own user and be able to monitor and gauge areas to manage and control, per person, and not that anyone has everything administrative.

No issues with scalability.

Professionals, they know the product inside-out.

The whole team are just amazing. They answer any questions that we have on the time. It was very delightful to do a training session with them, we like their way of thinking. They trust their product.

In the beginning we had some small issues. They were very professional, very understanding, and have technical knowledge and engineering knowledge of the product. I didn't feel at any time, when we talked with their technical guys, that they would say, "Okay. I will check into it," and then get an answer in a few days. Everything was, "Okay, I know, I have the documents, this is the answer." It was great.

We used traditional storage but when they didn't renew support we found Reduxio.

We switched to Reduxio mostly because of faster performance. They challenged, big-time, the past performance we had seen. Once we trusted the product, we felt comfortable to make the change and switch over.

The deployment was straightforward, with no complex issues.

The integrator asked us for a few technical things before the installation. They installed it in the Reduxio lab, tested everything, and then just brought it on site. They plugged it in and, after two hours, everything was running. We started to do the proof of concept, and then moved forward to use it in production.

The product's pricing is definitely a good value.

I think that the license is pretty fair. As much as I know, there are two kinds of licenses, mostly for the capacity usage. I don't think that they should complicate the product with many kinds of licenses, that you have to buy this one and it has this feature, etc.

As we know, in the market, if you're looking for a solution, you pay for the solution. If you buy a thin product and then want to expand it, first you pay double. It's better to pay for the whole bundle and then use it, and maybe not use some of the features, rather than start to add new features or new licenses and pay for them.

We evaluated EMC and HPE. We looked at and considered Nimble, before it became HPE, and we looked for an IBM solution.

When I looked for other vendors I found their response time was slow, from my point of view. The decision to go to Reduxio came after considering the solution, the price, and the ability for Reduxio to have us do a "try and buy." They challenged us with, "Okay take it, test it, see that you are not disappointed." That was the turning point for the decision.

What other advice do I have?

We have already replaced our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

My first impression was, "Wow, it's cool, I don’t believe that it is so simple to operate." I thought it looks and feels very innovative, very easy. The team was super professional, super responsive, with a lot of personal commitment to the project. Compared to others, they caught our attention, and it wasn't a hard choice to go with Reduxio. Over time, as I got deeper into experience with Reduxio, I became convinced our decision to buy the product was good, the right decision. The Reduxio team also makes a difference, it's great.

In terms of whether Reduxio is "just another storage vendor," it's hard to say because, for the last four or five months that we've been using Reduxio, there have been no errors, no technical issues. Communicating with the technical team has been very friendly, feeling at home. I don't know would happen if are technical issues. Then we will be able to compare if they're something different or just another company.

As for replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio's converged primary and secondary platform, we are doing so. We trialed and purchased the first unit and now we're purchasing the second unit. We'll keep using the primary and secondary unit, so in a month or two we'll be a full Reduxio site.

In our case everything went according to plan so:

• define your requirements
        • compare solutions
        • find the vendor
        • coordinate/manage expectations
        • negotiate and then run the project.

My advice would be, look for simplicity of the product. Complexity is not an indicator of how it works as a good, first-class storage device. Sometimes, looking at Reduxio, you might say, "Okay, it's too easy. It's too simple to do things, compared to other vendors, that take us two, or 10, or 20 - dozens of screens - to do what is done in a single click on Reduxio.

Sometimes very old-fashioned organizations, corporations, or small businesses look at the product and say, "It looks very simple, too simple, I don't think that it's a serious product, that it can be so simple."

For now, having used it for less than six months, I would rate it as a nine out of 10. It's really good, easy, fast, and I have had a great experience with the staff, with the technical, and with the product. I hope that will be kept up for the next six years. We don't want to be in a crisis, but that's when you find who is real strong, what the company is like to work with.

I would be happy to recommend that others go with Reduxio.

it_user821964 - PeerSpot reviewer
        IT Director at a museum or institution with 201-500 employees
        Performance is good, and the TimeOS is unique to this product
        • "I like the performance. I think it's what you call a hybrid SAN. It has solid state drives and, of course, regular optical drives, which would make performance a lot better, faster."
        • "I like the Reduxio TimeOS, specifically. That feature's pretty good. I haven't seen it in any other product. They're the only ones who have it."

What is our primary use case?

Data storage, of course, not just for our user files, but for our virtual servers.

What is most valuable?

I like the Reduxio TimeOS, specifically. That feature's pretty good. I haven't seen it in any other product. They're the only ones who have it. And it provides an extra layer of protection for your data.

What needs improvement?

The ones that I mentioned to them awhile back, they addressed, like the ability to replicate to other non-Reduxio systems, and replicate to cloud storage, for example. They've addressed that, and actually it's a part of the features now.

Still implementing.

No issues with stability at all.

I wouldn't know about scalability yet, until we actually use it with our production data. If anything, they claim their duplication ratio is very, very good. But of course, there are a lot of things that might affect that, so until I put my actual data in there - which would be not just Office files, but a lot of images and movie files, and databases - I won't see how well it actually duplicates data.

We haven't called them yet. We probably will, when we start installing Reduxio.

My file storage solutions right now are both getting to end-of-life. I have a solution from HPE and a solution from EMC. The idea is to make Reduxio my primary storage. Instead of having two different systems, I'll just have one big one.

It was very straightforward. I remember setting it up when we were testing it, it was very straightforward.

I think it is worth the value. What would we buy it if we didn't think it was of value to us?

I looked at HPE solutions, Nimble, SimpliVity. I looked at Tintri. I looked at a few other solutions out there as well.

What other advice do I have?

We haven't really used it yet. We're still trying to install it. We bought it, but it's not in production yet. We had a proof of concept unit that was given to us, for a "test drive," and to see all the features. After all the evaluations of other alternatives, we chose Reduxio.

Do your due diligence and look at all your options. But most of all, look at what your needs are, and make sure that what you choose is the closest one that will provide you with all your requirements, and your needs. Also, somehow, look ahead, and see if some of its features are something that you might be able to use in the future. Maybe other systems don't have that capability to replicate your data to cloud storage, like from Amazon or Microsoft. And this one has that. So even though I might not use it now, it's something that I will at least have. I'll be in a good position to actually take advantage of that capability.

So when you look at your solution today, just look at other things that the company has envisioned, to where they want to bring the product, and what they plan to do with it.

I have to give it a 10 out of 10. I've tested it for a long time. The company, the vendor, was good enough to lend it to me for several months. It's pretty good.

Eric Reinhold - PeerSpot reviewer
          System Manager at a university with 501-1,000 employees
          It has the ability to do snapshots to any second in the last 24 hours.
          • "The pre-processing dedupe engine they have instead of post-processing."
          • "I am waiting on a feature set in the new version which should allow me to replicate between Reduxio iSCSI SANs for disaster recovery and also to 3rd party iSCSI SANs which are cheaper for an archive or DR target."

What is our primary use case?

I used Reduxio as my production storage tier for virtual machines and Microsoft SQL. It also serves as a layer of protection against ransomware.

How has it helped my organization?

I have been able to get about 60,000 IOPS and 2,000 MBps of throughput. My business was previously running on 5,000 IOPS and 500 MBps of throughput per SAN. This is a huge boost for us, approximately x4 speed increase which gives us more capacity to host virtual machines.

What is most valuable?

There are several features which have really set Reduxio apart in my mind as we went to renew our SAN storage and chose Reduxio:

1) The pre-processing dedupe engine they have instead of post-processing. At the time of writing there are not a lot of vendors which have an excellent tiering engine which writes to RAM, then SSD, then HDD, but also flag each block of data on the way in and only write unique data down to the hard drives. I currently have 2.7:1 and 2.5:1 dedupe savings ratios on my two SANs. Yes, I got a second one because I liked the first one so much. Notice from the screenshot below how 19 TB of data were written to the RAM tier but only 6 TB of unique data needed to be written to SSD. Same thing with reads, 37 TB of data was read from the system but only 7 TB needed to be fetched from SSD and HDD. Impressive! There is 256GB of RAM doing this cache, my old SAN had less than 1GB cache, 475MB to be exact.

2) The ability to do snapshots to any second in the last 24 hours, any hour for the last 3 days, any day in the last week, and any week in the last 3 months. This setting can be changed to suit your business requirements. Living in the era of Ransomware attacks breaking out every month I want to know I can use my Reduxio time machine to go back to the hour or second before the attack hit.

3) HTML5 management interface. I was tired of fussing with java versions and breaking my management. So far HTML5 has been beautiful and just works on all my devices and browsers. Seriously take a look at the HTML5 management interface here and see if you are not impressed.

What needs improvement?

I am waiting on a feature set in the new version which should allow me to replicate between Reduxio iSCSI SANs for disaster recovery and also to 3rd party iSCSI SANs which are cheaper for an archive or DR target. This feature will be a huge cost savings solution for my business if we can get it up and running and will allow me flexibility to work with an archive level iSCSI SAN of my choosing.

None so far.

My business will not be running more than 100 TB of virtual machines which I believe is around the capacity per box. I do not know how scaling works beyond that. I run about 10-20 TB of virtual machines per SAN.

The entire team has been responsive, on campus for face to face meetings, professional, and polite. No complaints!

It has been excellent so far. I have so far received the same technician on site every time. I have been able to text him and get a reply within a few hours. We have been able to resolve all my major business needs.

The old solution was slow, expensive, and support stopped resolving my issues.

We got the SAN up and running in one 8 hour day.

Reduxio provided the implementation team which worked with our in house team.

Honestly, not sure how to calculate this. I will try to post on this in the next couple of weeks.

It was the best price for capacity and speed on a hybrid array I could find.

I researched Nimble, DataON, Nutanix, Compellent, Simplivity, VSAN, and Tintri. My second choice was between Compellent and Nimble.

What other advice do I have?

They gave me a free proof of concept which was very customer friendly. I advise you reach out and request to try it before you buy it and see if you don't fall in love with it. Honestly, when I first installed it I was skeptical but the technology and team won me over. I am very happy with Reduxio now!

Eric Reinhold - PeerSpot reviewer
          Eric ReinholdSystem Manager at a university with 501-1,000 employees

My experience has been very similar! Thanks for the feedback and comment!

it_user796671 - PeerSpot reviewer
          IT Manager at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
          User
          • "I have an every second undo button for all my applications. I call Reduxio "the ransomware killer"."
          • "Reduxio requires zero upfront setup for backups. I get backups every single second for as long as I want with zero impact to performance."
          • "In the event of a deletion, corruption, or ransomware, I am never going to lose more than one second of changes."
          • "Write latency is averaging way under a millisecond."
          • "I would love an iPhone app to monitor my system from outside the firewall."

What is our primary use case?

I found Reduxio when I started the search to replace my beloved EqualLogic cluster for virtual servers, virtual desktops, and physical Windows servers. I spent a long time on my evaluation: I brought in HPE SimpliVity OmniStack, Tintri, Pivot3, and Reduxio. The other solutions were OK, but nothing could match the ease of use, performance, and data protection of Reduxio. I have an every second undo button for all my applications. I call Reduxio "the ransomware killer".

How has it helped my organization?

I never have to think about backups again. A few months after implementing Reduxio, I got a request to restore some data related to a former employee. I panicked when I found out my traditional backups were corrupted. Reduxio to the rescue!

Reduxio requires zero upfront setup for backups. I get backups every single second for as long as I want with zero impact to performance. In fact, my storage latency is much lower than my previous Dell solution thanks to Reduxio’s use of RAM, SSD, and data reduction. Better backups and better performance all in a solution that is managed from my iPad and monitored 24/7 by our local Reduxio guys and their support team.

What is most valuable?

Backdating: This is Reduxio’s local every second backup technology. It is always-on and monitored 24/7, so it frees up a lot of time that I used to spend babysitting traditional backups.

Value: For less money than my previous solution, I receive way more performance and backup features that far surpass anything on the market.

Simplicity: The other options I looked at required a lot of upfront choices that could paint me into a corner, particularly the hyper-converged choices. I love that I have never had to open the Reduxio manual. All of the RAID, SSD tiering, QoS, local backup, and remote backup features do not require tons of knobs or complex management. The system just works, so I can focus on more important parts of my business while knowing that in the event of a deletion, corruption, or ransomware, I am never going to lose more than one second of changes.

What needs improvement?

I would love an iPhone app to monitor my system from outside the firewall. I am also looking forward to the latest vCenter plugin with more granular reporting and management.

No. Upgrades are non-disruptive.

We are getting 4.4:1 data reduction, which means we will be able to squeeze over 120TB into 2U. This is more than enough capacity for us.

Performance is also great. Write latency is averaging way under a millisecond: 250 microseconds.

Excellent. I have had support do remote upgrades and also walk me through a VM recovery. Our dedicated support guy is fantastic.

Yes, I was on Dell EqualLogic and switched because the product has been discontinued. I loved the system and spent a long time on my evaluation of new storage solutions to make sure I was making the right choice. If you liked EqualLogic, you will love Reduxio. It has more performance, better backups, and it is even easier to use (if you can believe it)!

Initial setup is straightforward. The local Reduxio and reseller team helped us with implementation.

We used a mix of a local reseller and Reduxio. Both were superb and happy to help with the other pieces of the puzzle besides storage: server, VMware, and networking.

The biggest ROI is the every second backup feature. Depending on your cost of data loss, one ransomware or accidental deletion could pay for a Reduxio appliance.

It is just like EqualLogic. You can’t get easier than this!

All of their new features that were released following our purchase are free of charge. For example, we are about to upgrade getting cloud integration for free.

We spent a long-time evaluating other solutions from Dell, EMC, Tintri, PURE, and HPE. We tested Tintri and Dell Unity. After bringing in Reduxio for an evaluation, we immediately knew that we had made the right decision both on paper and in practice.

What other advice do I have?

You won’t be disappointed with this ransomware killer.

Network Administrator at a university with 51-200 employees
          Delivers a self-contained system with all of the features rolled in and functional
          • "Reduxio delivers a self-contained system with all of the features rolled in and functional."
          • "We are enjoying a quantum leap in speed, reliability, and available space with this system."
          • "I would love to see deeper integration with VMware vSphere/vCenter. Right now, I can edit existing Reduxio datastore sizes in the vSphere web client. Provisioning new datastores that way would be nice."

What is our primary use case?

This is our main/centralized storage for our approximately 45 virtualized servers and various data. It replaced our 3-node HPE LeftHand/StoreVirtual P4000 series SAN and Dell MD3000i.

How has it helped my organization?

We are enjoying a quantum leap in speed, reliability, and available space with this system. Our servers run better, we are not constantly squeezing for space, and there is no need to mess around with configuration to keep it running, struggling with constant and uncooperative updates, or buy/build notification systems for hardware failures.

The Reduxio unit just does its job and does it well; we can take our data for granted. No more worries, no more time spent managing storage. I get to spend my time on other things now and everyone in the company is happier with the systems running better and having plenty of space.

What is most valuable?

Of course, the big feature, backdating of datastores right down to the second without any need for proactively taking snapshots, is incredibly valuable - and it works as advertised. If there is an emergency or just if you're experimenting, it only takes a scant few quick clicks to roll a datastore back to a specific time of your choosing, either branching that moment off into a new deduplicated datastore or just rolling the existing datastore back.

I would have to say, though, that the most valuable feature of this system is the company that sells it.

Every time I have learned about the latest and greatest storage system, then bought it, no matter how hard I tried to make sure that the features were delivered, I always ended up with a small subset of the promised features. Sometimes, they turn out to be a prohibitively expensive add-on license, sometimes they end up not working as promised, or sometimes they end up incompatible with our systems despite having verified compatibility beforehand. Reduxio delivers a self-contained system with all of the features rolled in and functional! It just plain works:

• Deduplication
          • Backdating
          • Automated tiering of data for hybrid flash/spinning storage
          • System monitoring

All of it is in the one price that we paid. All of it was delivered. All of it works.

Not only does Reduxio deliver on their feature promises, but they also provided far more help with initial installation/configuration/optimization than I ever expected.

I can't remember if I have ever been so impressed with a product or with a company.

What needs improvement?

I can always imagine possible improvements to anything I use, and despite my gushing praise I am capable of coming up with a few minor ideas.

I would love to see deeper integration with VMware vSphere/vCenter. Right now, I can edit existing Reduxio datastore sizes in the vSphere web client. Provisioning new datastores that way would be nice. I do not know if it is possible, but making the process more transparent by hooking into VMware's existing pages would be convenient instead of using the Actions menu or having separate tabs/pages.

Adjustable defaults for things like block size and server assignment would be great.

(For all I know, those features have already been released and I ignored an email telling me about it.)

I dislike web interfaces, so I mostly use the old vSphere thick client, but the Reduxio plugin only works in the web interface. I doubt anyone anywhere is making/updating plugins for that, though.

The expert to whom I spoke before trialing the system was the very same person who came to help - and he wasn't there to merely assist; he wanted to just take care of everything for us. He came onsite to rack it, cable it, network it, configure our ESXi hosts, troubleshoot everything, migrate our data...everything. I actually prefer to be more involved, since that is how I learn new systems. He was just as happy to let me be exactly as involved as I wanted to be and to teach me what I needed to know. He brought everything that was needed to bring it online - NICs for our ESXi hosts, switches (loaned to us during the trial period); everything. When we ran into unexpected and weird difficulties he made sure to resolve them with me.

Albert Fuller - PeerSpot reviewer
          Enterprise Services and Operations Manager at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
          • "Instant recovery through its continuous data protection."
          • "A centralized management would be nice, the ability to manage all cluster in one management portal."

What is our primary use case?

Reduxio was originally going to be used as a secondary storage for our virtual infrastructure to supplement our existing NetApp SolidFire primary storage.

Because of its ability to recover data instantly, we made the decision to make Reduxio our primary storage. Its access speed and now its recently released features makes Reduxio not only an equal, but also better than your older version SANs.

How has it helped my organization?

90% of our product infrastructure is now in Reduxio, and because our traditional backup software is capacity-based, we have decided to move our testing and dev infrastructure to Reduxio. This created a tremendous cost savings on our part, with the bonus of instant recovery, without the need for (traditional) backup.

What is most valuable?

• Instant recovery through its continuous data protection.
          • Great customer service
          • Great implementation team
          • No Restore
          • No migrate or back dating
          • Stable, scalable, and dependable!

Very Stable.

I am 100% for this product which proactively monitors and give us assistance, when needed.

NetApp SolidFire and Dell EqualLogic. We switched because of instant recovery.

Reduxio Engineers are very customer-oriented and my staff appreciated the mentoring that they received from Reduxio.

Joint implementation. Reduxio Engineers know their product.

Not applicable.

They are very competitive in pricing, so I would definitely recommend Reduxio.

We have looked at Nimble and Dell SAN.

What other advice do I have?

Cost savings can be achieved by dumping your traditional backup software. Instant recovery is the way to go.

DRWarren - PeerSpot reviewer
          Systems Analyst at a manufacturing company
          The backdating has given us the ability to troubleshoot application errors with exact replication of conditions down to the second
          • "The ability to target existing remote storage with NoRestore is going to allow us to leverage existing storage without an increased financial investment."
          • "I am waiting for the vSphere Plug-In with individual VM level control."

What is our primary use case?

The implementation of the Reduxio HX550 as our primary corporate storage device used for virtual infrastructure and document storage, leveraging automatically tiered storage, inline compression, and deduplication has greatly increased our storage performance.

How has it helped my organization?

The Reduxio backdating has given us the ability to troubleshoot application errors with exact replication of conditions down to the second. It has also reduced the cost of management with native deduplication, inline compression, and automatic storage tiering.

What is most valuable?

The Reduxio TimeOS has been an amazing solution with far reaching implications. The ability to roll back, recover, and/or clone to a specific point in time has saved valuable time. The ability to create an exact replica of an existing volume has allowed for dev to recreate exact conditions for debugging at any point in time.

What needs improvement?

The product meets our current needs and new features are being released as I write this. I am waiting for the vSphere Plug-In with individual VM level control.

Less than one year.

Installation was seamless and straightforward.

Network Engineer at a local government with 201-500 employees
          Initial setup was as easy as it gets. Reduxio sent an engineer to my location.
          • "With only a few clicks, I can provision or modify storage."
          • "There is only thing I can think of at the moment, that would be detailed printable reports."

What is our primary use case?

We needed a storage solution for our VMware-based datacenter. Our previous solution was coming up on its end of life. We needed performance and price. We got performance, price, easy management and peace of mind.

How has it helped my organization?

There are several areas Reduxio has improved our operations. Performance has greatly improved over the previous all spinning disk solution. We were able to implement a hybrid solution inside a spinning disk budget. IOPS and throughput have improved by a whole order of magnitude. Management has been simplified to the point no storage experience is needed for most operations.

What is most valuable?

It has a very user-friendly interface. With only a few clicks, I can provision or modify storage. No previous storage experience is needed to run almost any required task.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, I have no complaints about the performance and ease of use. If I had to list a request for future development, there is only thing I can think of at the moment, that would be detailed printable reports.

Less than one year.

Initial setup was as easy as it gets. Reduxio sent an engineer to my location. He did all the work. We sat side-by-side during configuration to ensure full knowledge transfer. We had several VMs migrated before lunch.

Christopher Williston - PeerSpot reviewer
          IT Systems Analyst at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
          We have run production workloads for over a year without a single failure along with having performance improvements across the board
          • "The HTML5 UI is clean, easy to navigate, and very intuitive."

What is most valuable?

Truly an incredible array. We are seeing .4ms average latency with more than 10K IOPS while running 300 VMware VDI desktops and roughly 45 servers.

The HTML5 UI is clean, easy to navigate, and very intuitive.

Creating new volumes is extremely simple and only takes a few seconds to complete.

Our storage savings after their "NoDup" in-line dedupe and compression process is an average of 7:1 ratio, which we have also found to be very impressive.

How has it helped my organization?

It handles the mixed workload between DC and VDI very well. We have seen a performance boost with our VDI over our NexGen hybrid arrays.

What needs improvement?

With the latest release, there is now the ability to use secondary storage as a backup target, which was the only request I had. Otherwise, there is nothing I can see needing improvement in the near future.

One year and four months.

The install was straightforward. It took about an hour and the engineer onsite handled most of the configuration and installation.

Nothing so far. We have not had any issues which were related to the appliance.

Not yet, but it seems very easy to scale up as our data grows when the time comes.

We have not had to contact support yet, as we have not had any issues with the appliance.

The engineer who deployed with us has been proactive in reaching out when alarms have been triggered. This was due to a DNS server being unreachable and a few other environmental issues, but nothing was wrong with the storage array itself. This was a first for us, as the level of attention and care that went into this deployment in addition to the follow-ups over a year later is not common among most vendors in any field.

We currently have two NexGen hybrid-arrays that will be transitioned to secondary storage when they come to the end of their support. The switch was due to increased performance as well as their native TimeOS which has allowed us to stop using older methods of backing up our volumes, instead having the appliance natively do this for us, with a much higher level of granularity when it came to the restore option.

Initial setup was a breeze. All we needed to provide was a few IP addresses and the rest was walked through with us by the onsite engineer.

We implemented in-house with the help of the Reduxio field engineer.

We will be saving on not renewing our support contracts with our older storage, in addition to backing up software and labor to manage the volumes.

With the improvement of our disk IO on our VDI, we may also be able to forgo the purchase of an additional ESXi server for compute and memory. We have freed up resources which were previously seeing high utilization as they were compensating for the disk constraints.

They have very competitive pricing and were able to work within our budget constraints as a public school. All-in-all the best value on the market by far.

We looked at some all-flash and hybrid solutions, including Pure, Nimble, NetApp, and Tintri, as well as a hyper-converged solution from Pivot3.

What other advice do I have?

After running production workloads for over a year without a single failure and performance improvements across the board, I highly recommend this storage solution to anyone in the market.

Director of IT at Barnstable Police Department
            After a ransomware attack, it took us less than an hour to get back up to production running same as before
            • "Reduxio allows you just spin a dial and go back to just about any time… in most cases (depending on the policies you’ve set) to go back within one second granularity for a couple weeks in the past."
            • "Maybe it should come in stainless steel, just like its DeLorean time machine predecessor."

How has it helped my organization?

There are so many examples in which the HX550 has made life better for us. From the time it takes to spin up a VM or virtual desktop to the deduplication and compression, to the amazingly slick and easy management interface. I'd have to say at the top of my list is an issue that has or will affect everyone; the ability to combat ransomware. Reduxio fights ransomware like a champ!

We had a ransomware attack shortly after we had implemented the HX550, and with the Backdating feature, we were able to just turn back the clock to the point in time before the infections started and boom! It was gone. No need to set snapshots, no need to worry about last backups, just turn back the clock, and go back in time. It was done. Period. It took us less than an hour to get back up to production.

Just hop in the time machine and off you go. Amazing. This thing is a time machine.

Reduxio allows you just spin a dial and go back to just about any time… in most cases (depending on the policies you’ve set) to go back within one second granularity for a couple weeks in the past. All without setting backups or snapshots. Better yet, the time it takes to clone a volume is only a few seconds (at least in my case, where my largest volume is 2TB). I can’t say how long larger volumes would take, but to spin up a clone of a 2TB volume in seconds is pretty amazing. Think of that in comparison to using a spinning disk or tape backup. To recover all my data and volumes in the past took well over 36 hours and we’re not at all that big of an operation. Now, we can be back up and running within the hour.

What is most valuable?

• Backdating
            • TimeOS
            • Deduplication speed
            • HTML5 management interface
            • Ease of use
            • Support
            • Everyone at Reduxio

What needs improvement?

There might be one thing they can improve on. Maybe it should come in stainless steel, just like its DeLorean time machine predecessor. It’s only fitting that all time machines should have a stainless steel option!

Zero.

This thing is huge. Scalability, you don’t need it!

Although, if you did need it to get bigger (we don’t any time in the near future), you can just add another.

Could not be better! Outstanding on all fronts from sales to installation to service to support, Reduxio never fails to satisfy. The entire team is so willing, ready, and able to get in, get their hands dirty, and get things working.

In one word: amazing.

Simply awesome. The support is awesome. They always have the answer. As a matter of fact, support usually knows before I do where there is an issue.

Last summer we had an AC unit go out in our datacenter and the temp began to rise in the room. They called me to let me know that I had a problem! It doesn't get any better than that. It can't. Further, they just don’t stop with troubleshooting Reduxio issues, they dig deep until they can find the core of the problem, even if it doesn’t lie within the HX550. Support jumps right in and gets to work for you to resolve the problem. Problem with VMware? They’ll dig deep into that, too. Microsoft? No problem. If it’s in the way of the HX550 doing its amazing job, nothing will get in the way of them trying to make everything right, so you have a perfect experience with Reduxio. Bottom line at the end of the day, Reduxio wants you to be happy.

Yes, we used an old spinning disk technology. The jump to the Reduxio was a no brainer as it was like jumping into a time machine!

Not only did this technology rocket us into the future with their state of the art storage device, it also allows us to go back in time. With the TimeOS on the HX550, that's what you have now, you have a time machine to go back to about any point in time without setting snapshots or backups.

Actually, the HX550 replaced two appliances for us: storage and backup. You’re not going to find a better or easier backup solution than this. Although Reduxio says it’s not a backup appliance and they say they are in the storage business, the thing just works so well as both it has replaced my legacy backup solution. I still have and use other backup options, but this is just another weapon in my arsenal and the HX550 is my go to when I need to restore something quickly, easily, and completely.

It could not have been more straightforward. The HX550 was up, running, and serving up data and VMs in less than one hour.

A Reduxio systems engineer came onsite and implemented the HX550. His level of expertise was top notch. He was very knowledgeable and got the system up and running in our production environment in well under one hour. It was a perfect experience from the first discussion about setup and implementation to the actual install, all the way to introducing the HX550 into our production environment and migrating the VMs.

Our system engineer has become one of the family. He’s always calling in and checking in on things. Seeing how things are and how they are working. Then, he checks in on you to make sure you are happy. I could not be happier with the experience and the expertise demonstrated by him.

This thing has already paid for itself. With the ability to recover from a ransomware attack and restore data within minutes, then be back in production within a couple hours rather than days (or ever!). I’d say the HX500 is pretty invaluable.

ROI? Recovered.

You will not find a more feature packed, easy to use, high-density storage appliance at a better price.

Yes, Dell EMC, NetApp, Nutanix, and Infinio.

What other advice do I have?

Get one! You need one.

Get a dozen if you need that much storage.

If you’re looking for a low latency, high capacity, dead simple, storage appliance, Reduxio HX550 should be your only choice.

I love Reduxio! I cannot say enough good things about the product, company, and the all the people who work for Reduxio.

Get one in stainless steel...

Network/Information Security Manager at a retailer with 51-200 employees
            During deployment, it helped us map all the processes and data migrations. It was seamless.
            • "Automated tiering and inline data deduplication."
            • "Would love to have role-based access and an active directory integration."

How has it helped my organization?

We have seen a large increase in the performance of our ERP and reporting environment. Reports, which were taking minutes to run, are running in seconds now.

What is most valuable?

• Data protection with one second granularity.
            • Automated tiering and inline data deduplication.

What needs improvement?

Would love to have role-based access and an active directory integration.

No stability issues.

Our environment is predominantly MS SQL and with a low compression and deduplication ratio we went with two arrays. We also plan on leveraging replication in AWS for archive data.

Customer Service has been great. Very responsive.

Technical support has been outstanding. They have helped me solve problems which weren't even storage-related.

Compellent. It was not meeting our throughput requirements and raising maintenance contracts.

Initial setup was straightforward. We switched from Fibre Channel to 10Gb iSCSI. Reduxio was very helpful in setting up the new network infrastructure.

We used our in-house team with the assistance of Reduxio.

We did cost analysis comparing the Reduxio Solution to move our data to the Cloud. Keeping our data on-premise was more cost favorable.

Setup and licensing are included in the solution cost.

We looked at several other storage vendors. Pure, HPE, and Dell EMC

What other advice do I have?

This has been the easiest storage migration of my career.