We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Purple WiFi OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Purple WiFi is #2 ranked solution in top Wi-Fi Hotspot Software. PeerSpot users give Purple WiFi an average rating of 8 out of 10. Purple WiFi is most commonly compared to Ubiquiti UniFi: Purple WiFi vs Ubiquiti UniFi. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 41% of all views.
What is Purple WiFi?
Purple WiFi Hotspot Software, cloud software, gives you complete control and flexibility to manage your bandwidth and edit the block of paid time you want to offer, the price you charge or manage the speed and usage. Purple Wifi cloud software provides an overlay over existing hardware and can be up and running within an hour. Purple has partnered with OpenDNS to provide a convenient content filtering system which blocks inappropriate material and it can help you access your data, real-time.
Purple WiFi Customers
USS Midway, Llechwedd Slate Caverns, United Wireless Arena and Conference Center, The Wellington Centre, Wood Green, Colliers, schuh, Fermain Valley Hotel
Purple WiFi Video

Purple WiFi Reviews

Project Management Analyst with 201-500 employees
Good dashboard and an easy initial setup but requires more integration capabilities
  • "The dashboard is very good. It's easy for us to find what we need. It's very specialized."
  • "The solution offers limited integrations."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We've had some issues with the solution in terms of its push messaging offering. It's supposed to send informational marketing materials to a targeted customer base. However, it's quite flawed. It needs to be improved.

The solution offers limited integrations.

The solution needs to allow for an open-source API so that the solution can speed up the process of the main computation.

As a product, it needs additional features and automation added to it to make it more interesting for users.

I've been using the solution for about a year.

Largely, the stability is okay.

It's working fine. However, we did implement it on another project and we faced some problems. It is my belief that the data packs and portals were working properly, however, there may have been issues with patching. I'm waiting to hear back from Purple to determine what the issue was and to get a patch for the configuration models.

I believe the solution, in order to scale, needs to fit into an interface of another application. I'm unsure as to if it's able to easily scale on its own. The integrations are limited, so users may have issues.

We've been in touch with technical support. We find them to be quite fine. We're satisfied with the level of support we've received so far.

We're actually considering moving to another vendor due to the issues we've had with the patching.

The initial setup is very straightforward. We didn't face any complexities when we were implementing it.

We mainly handled the implementation ourselves, however, we were provided with some information and we're providing feedback on it.

What other advice do I have?

Purple is providing the solution to the vendor. They implement or provide it to us with the latest data analytics. According to the vendor, their solution is backed by Purple including the messaging system, push messaging, etc.

Purple needs to be clearer with their requirements. They have to be sure that they map it with the functionality of features with the application. Otherwise, it's unclear as to if the integrations on your side will work.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.