Peplink SpeedFusion OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Peplink SpeedFusion is the #12 ranked solution in SD-WAN tools and top WAN Edge tools. PeerSpot users give Peplink SpeedFusion an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Peplink SpeedFusion is most commonly compared to Cisco SD-WAN: Peplink SpeedFusion vs Cisco SD-WAN. Peplink SpeedFusion is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Solutions Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Peplink SpeedFusion?

Peplink’s patent-pending SpeedFusion technology powers enterprise VPNs that tap into the bandwidth of up to 13 low-cost cable, DSL, 3G/4G/LTE, and other links connected anywhere on your corporate or institutional WAN. Whether you’re transferring a few documents or driving realtime POS data, video feeds, and VoIP conversations, SpeedFusion pumps all your data down a single fat datapipe that’s budget-friendly, ultra-fast, and easily configurable to suit any networking environment.

Peplink SpeedFusion Customers

MIT Robotics Team, Intel, Apple, Google, Hootsuite, Northrop Gruman, Alcatel-Lucent, Motorola, Avocent, GE, VW, Marriott, Renaissance, WSI, Union /Pacific

Peplink SpeedFusion Video

Archived Peplink SpeedFusion Reviews (more than two years old)

Bernard Cresencia - PeerSpot reviewer
Network & Security Engineer, Team Lead at Crescendo Technology Ltd.
It allowed us to move away from IPsec between the sites and provided the high availability
  • "The SpeedFusion feature is good. It allowed us to move away from IPsec between the sites. It is also a really easy product to deploy."
  • "Their hardware support isn't the greatest. We've had one unit go down, and it took a while for them to replace it. It was in the Caribbeans, so it might be a location-related issue."

What is our primary use case?

We're implementing this solution on all our sites. Basically, we want to utilize both ISPs that we have. In the past, we've only used active standby. Whenever we have outages, we want it to be seamless to be able to use the other connection with the other one being down.

We have two different models that we use. For the offices, we use Balance 380, and for our data center, we use Balance 710. We also have a fusion hub installed in the cloud for Azure and AWS.

Right now, it is sitting in front of our firewalls. All of our sites have dual ISPs. So, we are load balancing the internet traffic, and we are using SpeedFusion between the sites.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to be able to use both ISP connections at pretty much double the bandwidth. It also provided us the high availability. If one ISP goes down, it is usually transparent, so the users don't notice.

What is most valuable?

The SpeedFusion feature is good. It allowed us to move away from IPsec between the sites. It is also a really easy product to deploy.

Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Solutions
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Peplink, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Solutions. Updated: December 2022.
658,157 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for a year or so.

It is not bad.

I can't really answer that. We do have multiple sites, but we have devices at each site, and I don't see any problems adding more sites to it. Our deployment is not too complicated, basically just combining the ISPs and using Speedfusion. Through our sites, we have about 300 to 400 users.

We have two sites left on which we would like to implement the Peplinks, and we've already migrated all of our other sites.

Their support has been okay. It's just the hardware support that needs to be better. It took a while for them to replace a unit.

This is our first SD-WAN type solution.

It is fairly easy to set up. Our first deployment took about two months from purchase to implementation. We had to reconfigure the firewall so that the Peplinks sit in front of it, and we moved the IPsec connections from the firewall to the Peplinks to handle IPsec, and then we enabled the load balancing and SpeedFusion.

We just use Google and their support pages. We currently have a team of seven for its deployment and maintenance.

The return on investment is having gained the additional bandwidth without having more expenses because we were already paying for them anyway. We pretty much cut it in half if we were to double it.

Its licensing fee is on a yearly basis. For the price, it is actually pretty good value.

What other advice do I have?

It is probably one of the better values out there as compared to the other solutions. Although we haven't evaluated the other ones, the cost itself is what drove us to the solution. So far, we're happy with it.

I would rate Peplink SpeedFusion an eight out of ten.

CEO at DeepBlue
Reseller
Perfectly stable solution with good scalability and customer support
  • "The SpeedFusion feature is the most valuable."
  • "Its pricing is the main issue. The pricing could be improved. I would like to see an outbound policy based on the application. It is a very good feature, and most of the customers are looking for that. They can also include stronger firewall features. This would help the customers in choosing this product as the only device for the SD network."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for site-to-site connectivity and for video and audio broadcasting.

What is most valuable?

The SpeedFusion feature is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing is the main issue. The pricing could be improved.

I would like to see an outbound policy based on the application. It is a very good feature, and most of the customers are looking for that. They can also include stronger firewall features. This would help the customers in choosing this product as the only device for the SD network.

I have been using Peplink SpeedFusion for more than ten years.

It is perfect.

Its scalability is very good. We have had around 300 users. Most of them are IT managers.

Their technical support is very good.

We did not try other solutions.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

We deploy it ourselves. We are a systems integrator and reseller.

It has lifetime licensing. Its pricing is high for most of the markets.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would advise starting with the trial version of Peplink SpeedFusion, and if it meets the requirements, you can buy the product.

I would rate Peplink SpeedFusion an eight out of ten.

Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Solutions
December 2022
658,157 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Yahya Kashani - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Analyst & IT Advisor at a consultancy
It can handle situations if there are any WAN disconnections.

What is most valuable?

What is special in this device is that it can handle situations if there are any disconnections on one of the WAN connections.

Also, it is so user-friendly and there are lots of monitoring system features.

How has it helped my organization?

In our enterprise, we have more than 80 branches and also an HQ that needs to have a 24/7 connection. Before they were using MPLS connections for all of the branches and the HQ, so the price was really high, i.e., around 0.43$ million per year for 4 Mbps for the HQ, 512 kbps for the biggest branch and 256 kbps for all the other branches. With this technology, we were able to reduce expenses from 0.43$ million to 0.23$ million per year.

Also, the speed was increased (x5) by changing expensive MPLS to a simple, low-price connection like ADSL and using the cellular data network as a backup connection.

What needs improvement?

There is a clear light at the end of the tunnel with this technology, by adding some other options just in the monitoring system and reducing the prices.

I have been using this technology for about eight months for an enterprise.

We just had some simple problems with other partners (they were not experts and also not organized for proof of concept, POC).

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

Customer service is fine, but over these months we did not have many problems.

Some of the partners, especially in the Middle East, are not fine.

This is a new technology for this purpose altogether.

The setup is completely easy and straightforward.

We have implemented it both with a vendor team and in-house. A vendor (Advantesco) is really expert in this technology and we have also set up the devices in-house, too.

This project is really huge, but with all the ROI calculations, it will be less than 1.5 years.

Do all WAN calculations and prepare the future network diagram to reduce unnecessary expenses.

We had tried some of the available similar solutions, like Cisco, Citrix, etc., but they are so complex and expensive.

What other advice do I have?

It is easy and useful; you can reduce your connectivity expenses with this technology.

Download our free Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Solutions Report and find out what your peers are saying about Peplink, Fortinet, Cisco, and more!
Updated: December 2022