IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service is #6 ranked solution in top Open Source Databases and #16 ranked solution in top Relational Databases. PeerSpot users give Oracle MySQL Cloud Service an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Oracle MySQL Cloud Service is most commonly compared to MySQL: Oracle MySQL Cloud Service vs MySQL. Oracle MySQL Cloud Service is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Open Source Databases Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Oracle MySQL Cloud Service?

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service delivers a secure, cost-effective and enterprise-grade MySQL database service. Built on MySQL Enterprise Edition and powered by the Oracle Cloud, it provides a simple, automated, integrated and enterprise ready MySQL cloud service, enabling organizations to increase business agility and reduce costs.

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Customers

Omnis, Naveex, Rehash Technologies

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Video

Archived Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user1226796 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr Associate at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Good data aggregation functionality, but the initial setup is complex and technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We collect data from end-users and store the data using the Oracle MySQL Cloud Service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the data aggregation function.

What needs improvement?

The technical support is in need of improvement.

It is difficult to do any coding with this solution.

We have been using this solution for the past couple of years.

Open Source Databases
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Firebird, EnterpriseDB and others in Open Source Databases. Updated: July 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The Oracle MySQL Cloud Service is stable.

This solution is scalable enough. We haven't seen any problems with it.

We have about 60 users within my project.

The technical support from Oracle needs to be improved.

We performed a cluster-based setup that needs some configuration, so I would say that the initial setup is complex.

We compared Oracle to other competing databases and found advantages with this solution. Beyond that, we haven't tried working with any similar tools.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is that it is a better option than other solutions.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

PiyushJain - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
A good autonomous database that scales easily and has a straightforward setup
  • "The initial setup was straightforward."
  • "Integrating business intelligence or NLP solutions would help us save time and would prevent us from having to take a deep dive. Data problems seem to multiply on the system when you interact with it. Automation would save a lot of man-hours."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for publishing. We use tickets to monitor for alerts to understand which host is down or has poor performance.

What is most valuable?

In Oracle MySQL they have an autonomous database now. Once we get it up and running, the best part is that it scales the application and helps automatically deal with issues that come in.

What needs improvement?

Integrating business intelligence or NLP solutions would help us save time and would prevent us from having to take a deep dive. Data problems seem to multiply on the system when you interact with it. Automation would save a lot of man-hours.

I've been using the solution for three to five years.

The solution is stable. Normally the dev space plays an important role in how we shape the environment.

We deployed it in the OC environment.

Oracle normally looks at two types of scalability. One is vertical and the other is horizontal. Oracle right now doesn't try to vertically scale the database unless and until it's required to add OTT or RAM. However, it does take care of the eventual scaling wherein it makes sure the connectors are in line and there are multiple servers in the cluster starting line.

A good scaling job provides convenience and reliability. It also makes sure that there are different data centers across the globe. You need at least four or five data centers, based on the speed of the application. Whatever the nearest location is, they'll keep trying to go there, to get the data the right way.

The dev-ops team does a great deal of getting it in line, to make sure we get data in a seamless way. Of course, our cluster has been done so horizontal scaling. This type of scaling is what we focus on.

In the trial we conducted, we had 1,182 people on the solution without facing any problems.

The solution increases logarithmically via batches we direct on a weekly basis.

We're very happy with technical support. They have incorporated a chatbot, and if the issue is out of reach of the chatbot, it automatically directs you to an agent. The solution is also very good when it comes to handling SLAs.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The initial deployment was on the dev side. We staged it off the cloud and then moved onto it. It took us around a week to deploy everything. Then we had all the dev-ops integrated into Oracle. With everything included, it took us some time to replicate it all and have it ready to go.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We have all the tools and partially use open source solutions to streamline the data and integrate everything.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model.

If a company is looking for an autonomous database, which is one of this solution's unique features compared, this is a good option. They won't have to worry much about data issues or getting a database or scaling, etc.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Open Source Databases
July 2022
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mohammad Dastpak - PeerSpot reviewer
Database Administrator at a energy/utilities company
Excellent integration with other databases, good scalability, and easy to set up
  • "The solution overall is very, very good. It's got good integration with other databases and adds new features often."
  • "The solution should offer memory management."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a database to help with the management of hospitals, AMI centers, etc.

What is most valuable?

The database is the solution's most valuable feature.

The solution overall is very, very good. It's got good integration with other databases and adds new features often.

What needs improvement?

The solution uses Flash technology for Enterprise Manager but in version 19 is uses SDM 05. It's difficult to transfer from the previous version to the newest. They don't have adjacent types of data.

Since we're in Iran, we don't have access to documentation, so all of the learning we do is with the solution itself. We only can look at the surface.

The solution should offer memory management.

I used the solution up until three months ago.

The solution is scalable. We use Oracle for 2 up to 100 servers.

We used to use Behavior Master for checking queries and now we use Oracle for this. It's provided an improved performance.

The solution is simple to set up. It's not difficult to deploy.

On Oracle, you can install the Linux platform and you can install the console on a blank terminal. It's a really good feature. I installed it and started from a blank terminal. It's simple.

I installed the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model.

The solution is good for organizations that have very heavy data. We use auto-indexing for comments and are able to check queries and make an index for them.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

A very stable, very scalable solution with a simple setup
  • "The stability of the solution is very good. I wouldn't have used it for the past seven years if I was not satisfied."
  • "Sometimes MySQL does upgrades on the server. When we are still using the old server and when they integrate the upgrade, they don't carry along some of the old syntaxes. The versions don't sync."

What is our primary use case?

I use MySQL for the database, to store data on my web application

What is most valuable?

The solution overall is very powerful.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for almost seven years.

The solution is very scalable.

We've never used the solution's enterprise support. We can get support from the MySQL communities, so we've never needed to contact technical support.

Previously, we used Node.js. It's a document-oriented database. Complexity-wise, there was a chance it could fail, which is why we ultimately switched.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The simplicity of the solution is very good. It's a straightforward solution and makes for a very good cloud option.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Senior Manager Global Database Services at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Offers multiple reliable databases but their technical support needs improvement
  • "The scalability of the database is absolutely guaranteed by the new features."
  • "The support is not that great. They're not really supporting directly anymore and relying on experts to figure out technical issues."

How has it helped my organization?

Having multiple reliable databases has improved our business greatly because having a robust database is so integral to the company in general.

What needs improvement?

The support is not that great. They're not really supporting directly anymore and relying on experts to figure out technical issues. Oracle does offer a website where you can open a service request, etc., however, general technical support could be improved.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The solution is, without a doubt, very stable.

The scalability of the database is absolutely guaranteed by the new features. We have 20-30,000 users on the solution right now.

Technical support is lacking in general.

As a global company, we have all types of business needs, and all types of cloud and on-premises solutions. We chose Oracle MySQL because it was the best option, and still is.

The initial setup was very easy.

Implementation was handled by our internal team.

The solution is very expensive. Of course, you pay for what you get. So there is a reason why those products are very expensive compared with the other products. You are paying for some very good features.

What other advice do I have?

We use a hybrid version of the solution.

I would recommend Oracle MySQL.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten. I would rate it higher if support was better.

Download our free Open Source Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Firebird, EnterpriseDB, and more!
Updated: July 2022