IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service is #20 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service is most commonly compared to Azure Data Factory: Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service vs Azure Data Factory. Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 39% of all views.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service?

Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service provides pushdown data processing; high performance ETL with less data movement which is best for the Cloud. Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service executes data transformations where the data lies without having to copy data unnecessarily to remote locations.

Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service Customers

Amplifon

Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service Video

Archived Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service Reviews (more than two years old)

Siddharth Haldankar - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead Architect at Birlasoft IndiaLtd.
Provides quick and simple integration with all adapters included
  • "Oracle integration cloud has got the adapters for all their products, which makes integration faster."
  • "Bulk uploading can be a problem when you hit the upper limit."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle integration cloud is typically used for integrating into applications. We use it for SaaS finances and for CN-IBM Maximo. We also use Oracle integration cloud with the Oracle suite of products - Oracle EFP cloud, Oracle transportation management, and Oracle warehouse management. Finally, we also integrate with third-party applications like banks, third-party consumers. Integration is either across two different specs that are Oracle and non-Oracle, or within Oracle, and also with third-parties. These are the three main business use cases where we're using integration. We have between eight and 10 different customers using Oracle integration cloud. I'm a systems integration partner in the company.

What is most valuable?

It's a reliable product. Oracle integration cloud has got the adapters for all their products, which makes the integration a little faster. It makes it easier to implement the integration quickly. It's one of the best features. All the features that other products bring such as the technical adapters from REST, SFTP, database adapters, and Clifton is all standard with Oracle.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved when it comes to bulk uploading. There are problems with it when you hit the upper limit. With business transactions there are no problems but the bulk uploads are an issue. The product could also be simplified in commercial terms which would make it more competitive. Right now, Oracle is losing market share to Dell Boomi and other open source solutions. Most of our customers want us to do provide a feature comparison. Commercial comparison is a little easier but feature comparison is what they're looking for.  An additional feature could be to improve the login. It's not that great and any problem in this chain requires a little more expertise where the logs make sense. They should try to make it more simplistic. There is some interface or dashboard error.  Aside from that I think they could make the price of the solution more competitive.

I've been using the solution for the last two years.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Matillion, Informatica and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is much more stable than it was two years ago. It's a stable product but unfortunately is not doing so well on the commercial side

It's very scalable now. They used to do things differently, based on the number of connections. I think now with increased transaction volumes we don't know what our needs will be but I think scalability is fine.

Technical support is generally okay, some ups and down.

Initial setup is straightforward and Oracle also provides training which helps us.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest for anyone using Oracle products that they go for oracle integration cloud, it's a good solution.  I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

Implementation Manager & Migration Solutions Advisory at a retailer with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to manage, and offers good integrations
  • "The solution is easy to manage and offers good integration. You can run all the tasks one by one which is really helpful, and pick the day and time to do so."
  • "The pricing could be more competitive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for implementation for systems to run the cloud. Right now, we're testing to see how we can implement RBMS by transposing it into a new productive cloud  solution.

What is most valuable?

ODI is easy to manage and offers good integration. You can run all the tasks one by one which is really helpful, and you can combine them to build an really complicate and advance result.

What needs improvement?

I know the product well and have in mind exactly the solution that I implement for my client. I tend to apply out of the box solutions, that cover all kind of needs. Therefore, I'm not sure, if the solution needs improvements.

The pricing could be more competitive.

I have used the solution for the last six months, but only to implement development environment for customers. I haven't sent yet developing environment to a productive environment.

The solution is very stable. It's great once you get it working correctly.

We haven't had any problems with scaling the solution. It was really easy to expand the product because of the web logic application server. We have about 8 admins on the solution currently.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. Last year, we had two issues. Once, the issue wasn't resolved. The other situation was resolved within two hours and the solution worked perfectly after that. Therefore, I've had good and bad experiences.

I was using SSIS for Microsoft and I still use it, It is really good to use it with the Microsoft SQL Server. It's faster to implement solutions with SSIS ODI is btter in bigger implementations with huge amount of data. It seems more stable and reliable.

The first time that you have to set the solution up, it's really difficult. Once you are familiar with the product, it's easier. There's a high learning curve, so new users have to spend time during implementation learning about the product.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

My experience is in the development aspect of the solution. It seems quite a reliable, as is the on premmise product. We've go to productive environment yet.

I'd recommend the solution. There's a bit of a learning curve at the beginning but it's really stable in all tests.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the pricing was more competitive.

Private Cloud

June 2022
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ganim Altıok - PeerSpot reviewer
BI Architect at Smart Mind
Reseller
Good data storage, and easy initial setup with good overall stability
  • "Oracle Data Integrator helps us build tables and data marts and allows us to schedule them daily, for nearly real-time data warehousing."
  • "I've found technical support not very effective. They should work to improve their services."

What is our primary use case?

Companies ask us to build a data warehouse for them, which is the primary use of the solution. We implement a data warehouse typology and architecture, build all data warehouse tables, data marts, or stack schemes, etc.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Data Integrator helps us build tables and data marts and allows us to schedule them daily, for nearly real-time data warehousing. I have also implemented Oracle Data Warehouse Data Integrators for file uploading to FTP servers, calling web services, and pulling or pushing data to web services. It's great for these tasks.

What needs improvement?

It would have been better if the solution could work from any browser. It works on a client but it would be better working from browsers.

I've been using the solution for seven or eight years.

The solution is very stable.

It's very scalable. My biggest client has about 200 users on the solution.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I'm a consultant, I handled the implementation myself.

I'm a consultant, so I always use the customer's license. I don't know what my clients pay in terms of licenses.

We previously evaluated different solutions including Spoon and Kettle, among others. However, for data storage, Oracle is better.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. It's not that different from the cloud service. The GUI is the same, but the hosted version has a remote agent, so basically they are the same product.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Matillion, Informatica, and more!
Updated: June 2022