I used OmniPeek for an automation project that I was working on. The solution was used to capture wireless packets. OmniPeek was used for sniffing.
OmniPeek is #43 ranked solution in APM tools and #48 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give OmniPeek an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. OmniPeek is most commonly compared to SolarWinds NPM: OmniPeek vs SolarWinds NPM. OmniPeek is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022
What is OmniPeek?
Omnipeek is a top-rated suite of network analytics software that offers full transparency and trusted forensics for immediate resolution of application and network performance anomalies and security issues. Omnipeek is part of the LiveAction family of quality trusted products. They specialize in packet intelligence with adaptable workflows and complete visibility throughout numerous network segments to facilitate a better understanding of network performance and dependability concerns in real time.
Omnipeek combines intuitive geolocation, usability, security, and performance to deliver a robust user experience that facilitates immediate discovery and problem-solving of wireless and wired networks.
Omnipeek is user friendly and offers many different intuitive dashboards, display options, graphs, peer maps, and packets. There are several different capture options, such as TCP dump, multiple adapters, local captures, and Capture Assistant. Omnipeek integrates well with Snort and Suricata intrusion and detection prevention solutions, allowing users to import events easily. The comprehensive analysis tools, such as Expert Flow Analysis, Web Traffic Analysis, Multi-Segment Analysis, and Local File Analysis combine to make Omnipeek a solid, complete solution.
Omnipeek is effective for small offices to large enterprise data centers.
- Omnipeek delivers unmatched transparency into applications, networks, and classification of layer 7 workflows.
- Intuitive GUI presents a clear, intuitive view of packet-based analytics by conversation pairs.
- Ability to capture and dissect 802.11n and 802.11ac wireless traffic from currently deployed points from third-party vendors such as Aruba, Cisco, and others.
- Investigate traffic from all remote network segments, such as voice and video over IP, 802.11,1/10/40/100 Gigabit, Ethernet using the LiveCapture features and appliances.
- Audit voice and video over IP traffic in real time using call back play, thorough signaling and media analyses, and high-level multi-media summary statistics.
- Improve the average time to resolve failure with super fast intuition and interconnection with packet data, metadata, flows, and files.
WiFi monitoring: Using Omnipeek LiveCapture 1100, users are able to thoroughly monitor wired packet traffic and gather wireless traffic from WLAN controllers. Users can easily monitor, dissect, log, and diagnose multi-Gigabit speed 802.11ac traffic.
Improved LiveAction appliance support: LiveAction update appliances and software uses the innovative Del architectures and Intel capabilities to improve network packet capture-to-disk to 20Gbps in a 2RU system, with up to 128 TB of storage.
Improved VOIP processes: Now offering updates to performance and in synthesizing DTMF audio tones, Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), and Asserted Identity (caller ID), makes Omnipeek a very robust, complete solution.
Improved financial transaction support: The solution provides updated support for ISO8583 protocol necessary for financial and banking organizations. Users have the ability to dissect critical data more thoroughly than with previous iterations.
Expert improvements: Users have access to several more Expert events, enhanced latency calculations, and many other improvements to the Expert views in Omnipeek.
- 3rd party authentication improvements: Efficient workflow for 3rd party authentication results in enhanced performance for Access Control Lists (ACL).
OmniPeek was previously known as Savvius OmniPeek.
Apcon, Aruba Networks, Avaya Inc., Cisco Systems, Ekahau, Gigamon Systems, HP, IBM, IXIA, Meru Networks, Napatech, NextComputing, Procera Networks, Qualcomm Atheros, Ralink Technology Corporation, Telchemy