We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Nutanix Flow OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nutanix Flow is #7 ranked solution in top Microsegmentation Software tools. PeerSpot users give Nutanix Flow an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nutanix Flow is most commonly compared to VMware NSX: Nutanix Flow vs VMware NSX. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Nutanix Flow?

Achieve better application security and enhance network automation. Deliver application-centric security for your VMs running on AHV via visualization, microsegmentation, and network automation. Extend your functionality further with networking partner integrations. Nutanix Flow provides one-click visibility and security - and works seamlessly on any network.

Download the Microsegmentation Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Nutanix Flow Customers
JetBlue, International Speedway Corporation, Volkswagen SAIC, Brighton and Hove City Council, Foresters Financial, Janus International Group, Cloud Comrade, Serco
Nutanix Flow Video

Nutanix Flow Reviews

Hamada Farag
Technology Consultant at Beta Information Technology
  • "Nutanix Flow has a lot of data protection features. It's also valuable for operations and management. It's a big solution that works well with different solutions and is suitable for most business cases."
  • "Nutanix Flow's networking features could use some improvement. Also, I don't know if it's currently supporting load balancing or not."

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Flow has a lot of data protection features. It's also valuable for operations and management. It's a big solution that works well with different solutions and is suitable for most business cases.

What needs improvement?

Nutanix Flow's networking features could use some improvement. Also, I don't know if it's currently supporting load balancing or not. Lately, we've been working a bit more with Nutanix Calm. We're trying to invest more in Calm and deliver solutions based on that platform. But it is still a new software. It's a new solution for automation and helping customers develop a private cloud. We are still facing a lot of challenges in Calm, but in the future, we will focus on Calm and Era our customers benefit a lot from these products. Era is a database-as-a-service (DBaaS) solution that we plan to promote to the customer along with Calm because Calm minimizes the time and operations efforts of the customer.

We've worked with Nutanix Flow for around two years now. So far, we've helped five to 10 customers implement Flow.

Nutanix Flow is highly stable.

Nutanix Flow is scalable. The most important benefit for the customer is scalability. It's scalable and stable, so if you increase the number of nodes, it will not affect the performance.

Nutanix support is good. When we have any issues during implementation, we open a case with the support and receive good support immediately. I've worked with many vendors in the market, including VMware and other different solutions, and I think Nutanix has some of the best support.

Installing Nutanix is easy. We have expertise in initial deployment and are already delivering multiple projects. Initial deployment involves configuring project node connections and powering on the network connections. Next, you have to set the initial configurations to start the nodes, build the clusters, and then create virtual machines and run them.

Flow's price is very competitive compared to solutions by VxRail, VMware, Dell EMC, Lenovo, and HPE. However, I'd like to see some different pricing tiers for small and medium-sized customers, who sometimes have trouble affording it.

Nutanix Flow still doesn't do anything that VMware can't do. To be honest, it's still second to VMWare, but I think it's a very good solution. And it's easier to use. Implementing VMware is complex. There is a lot of configuration and you have to set many policies. Configuring and delivering VMware is challenging, but Flow is straightforward. The interface is familiar and nice. On the other hand, VMware has some features like VxRail that are more advanced than Flow.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Flow eight out of 10. We need more workshops for the customers and partners as well as some training for the pre-sales engineering and solution architects implementing Flow for the customer. If the pre-sales engineers and solution architects are confident with Flow and know all the tricks, they will be confident to talk about it with the customer and convince them to go with the product. It's not just an issue with Flow. Nutanix needs more training materials and in-depth workshops for its whole portfolio. We don't really need a workshop that gives a basic overview of the solution. Almost all of our pre-sales staff have a technical background so they don't need a primer on Flow or Calm or any other Nutanix solution. We want workshops that can provide a deep dive into the solution how it works in different use cases.