IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

NetApp SaaS Backup OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetApp SaaS Backup is #8 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools. PeerSpot users give NetApp SaaS Backup an average rating of 10 out of 10. NetApp SaaS Backup is most commonly compared to Metallic: NetApp SaaS Backup vs Metallic. NetApp SaaS Backup is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is NetApp SaaS Backup?

As a Cloud Service Provider or a Managed Service Provider (MSP), deliver Data Protection as a Service (DPaaS) to your end customers for most popular SaaS Applications like Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce. With Partner Central, reduce your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) footprint and enhance your ROI. Hosted and delivered as software as a Service (SaaS), Partner Central enables you to manage and deliver Data Protection SLAs in a multi-tenant service architecture from a single user interface.

NetApp SaaS Backup Customers

Node4, Profi Engineering Systems

NetApp SaaS Backup Video

Archived NetApp SaaS Backup Reviews (more than two years old)

Muhammad Hadi Yahya - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Consultant at Macrovention Sdn Bhd
Simple to configure and use, stable, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is for backing up company data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the simplicity in configuration and use.

What needs improvement?

The features need to be updated to support the latest hardware, as it changes every year.

I have been using NetApp SaaS Backup for six years.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Metallic, Clumio and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is performing well and I have not had any problems or issues with stability.

Scalability has not been an issue. We have about twenty staff who use this solution and we plan to increase usage in the future.

So far, our experience with technical support has been good and we don't have any issues with them.

The initial setup is pretty easy because I'm using cluster mode. I just need to enter the IP address and then put in the license code to join a cluster. After this, it is ready to use.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp SaaS Backup is a good solution and I recommend it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Muhammad Tanvir Ashraf - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems and Network Administrator at Gulf Precast Concrete Co. LLC at Gulf Precast Concrete Co. LLC
User-friendly, superb customization, and the security is good
  • "It's a user-friendly solution."
  • "For newcomers or people who have less experience, it's a complex solution that could be simplified somewhat."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution as a primary backup. We first transfer data to the tape backup, and then later we remove it from the server.

What is most valuable?

The interface, customization, and security are superb.

It's a user-friendly solution.

What needs improvement?

One area that is a problem is with the support and the time difference. When technical support is sleeping, we are awake and working, and when we are sleeping, the support is awake and working. Ideally, we would like to have regional support.

For newcomers or people who have less experience, it's a complex solution that could be simplified somewhat.

I have been using this product for more than one year.

It's a fully stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

We haven't called support because we haven't needed it. It's running seamlessly and it has been very good.

We used Hitachi first, as well as Huawei. We switched because of the price and because it was going to expire.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented it in bits, and it took a few days to complete.

There are only two people on the service side managing it. We are both admins.

We deployed with the help of a vendor. We didn't face any issues with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

What is available is enough for our environment. This product is excellent.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

June 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
OkanGursoy - PeerSpot reviewer
Storage & Backup Expert at 4S Bilisim
Good technical support and works in both SAN and NAS environments
  • "The most valuable features are the support for both NAS and NFS."
  • "I would like to see the graphical user interface improved to include all of the functionality because there are some things that you need to use the command-line interface for."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I have experience with.

This solution is used for file sharing and for backup purposes. I am using SATA drives, which aren't very fast, so I am using them for backups.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the support for both NAS and NFS.

What needs improvement?

I have been using NetApp SaaS Backup for almost two years.

This is a stable solution.

I think that it is scalable. Our clients are enterprise-level companies with 500 or 1,000 users.

NetApp technical support is good. I can reach them via phone or email.

I would say that the initial setup is not easy, but not hard either. It is of medium-level difficulty. It takes two or three days to deploy, maximum.

My understanding of the costs is that the price is fair, and not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp SaaS Backup is a good product that serves multiple purposes. I can use it in both SAN and NAS environments. For anybody who is using both of these technologies, I suggest they consider NetApp.

Private Cloud
Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Metallic, Clumio, and more!
Updated: June 2022