Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Nagios Network Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nagios Network Analyzer is #11 ranked solution in Network Traffic Analysis tools. PeerSpot users give Nagios Network Analyzer an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Nagios Network Analyzer is most commonly compared to Darktrace: Nagios Network Analyzer vs Darktrace. Nagios Network Analyzer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Network Traffic Analysis (NTA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Nagios Network Analyzer?

Nagios Enterprises delivers official products, services, and solutions for and around Nagios – the industry standard in enterprise-grade IT infrastructure monitoring. With millions of users worldwide, Nagios is the undisputed champion in the IT monitoring space. Our team of dedicated professionals works to ensure total customer satisfaction with all the services we provide. Our extensive network of partners helps extend Nagios services and solutions to new organizations and markets worldwide to meet a variety of business needs. Nagios Enterprises was founded in 2007 by Ethan Galstad. Ethan created what would later become known as Nagios in 1999, and currently serves as the President of Nagios Enterprises.

Nagios Network Analyzer Customers
NuBlue, St.Elisabeth Hospital, Akamit Systems, National Radio Astronomy Observatory, ValueClick, Sunrise Banks
Nagios Network Analyzer Video

Nagios Network Analyzer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nagios Network Analyzer pricing:
"They charge around ten thousand per month for one thousand nodes. That is their overall cost, but it differs on which company you are applying to, whether you are a service provider or an enterprise."

Nagios Network Analyzer Reviews

Syarul Idzuddin Adzmi - PeerSpot reviewer
Operation Director at Digital Pulse Sdn Bhd
Easy to set up, integrates well with other solutions, and is largely quite stable
  • "The initial setup is easy."
  • "There are some loopholes you need to be aware of from a security perspective."

What is most valuable?

Our customers like this product due to the fact that it's quite simple and it can be integrated with other solutions that complement and complete each other. Basically, the way I studied Nagios Analyzer was, after I implemented Nagios, the customer could access the features by implementing the other Nagios products.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution is mostly stable.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be better. Right now, what can be extracted is pretty standard, however, some clients want to dig deeper, and, in order to get more detailed information, we need to figure out our own reporting protocols. We have to manually pull many items instead of having the capabilities to just customize a report that fits our needs.

There are some loopholes you need to be aware of from a security perspective.

I've been using the solution for about two to three years at this point. It's been a while.

If you're asking me whether this Nagios product has very good security features inside there are some loopholes. However, due to the fact that we are experienced and we deal with Nagios products often we try our best just to minimize the security issues. We are aware of the downsides of the Nagios product. After all, the product was originally developed from this open-source code.

The way while we selling it, we work to improve strength and we combine it with other products suggest items, and configure it in such a way as to minimize any loopholes.

Our product was installed on-premises; we have yet to install anything on the cloud. It is on-prem which makes it so that the architecture we have is already isolated for the data center. In this way, we can further minimize risk from a security perspective.

In the end, the level of stability you get very much depends on how you set it up.

Network Traffic Analysis (NTA)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Nagios, Darktrace, SolarWinds and others in Network Traffic Analysis (NTA). Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The initial setup is not difficult or complex. It's very simple and quite straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with handling an implementation.

As Nagios partners, we can handle initial setups for clients.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Nagios partner. We tend to deal with many different Nagios products.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been quite satisfied with its capabilities.

Amit Rane - PeerSpot reviewer
Testing Staffing Manager at Capgemini
User friendly, cloud scalability, with surpassed return on investment goals

What is most valuable?

I found that it has a good GUI and user-friendly administration.

What needs improvement?

They need to have some automation models embedded in them. If you integrate that, that would be a complete package.

I have been using Nagios Network Analyzer for the past five years.

Nagios Network Analyzer is very stable.

They have good scalability. Right now, we are installing Nagios on the cloud and the scalability is taking place by the cloud itself. They also support the cloud environment. There are no issues with cloud support.

Technical support is good. They have some platinum, gold, and bronze support options. Based on your eligibility, they respond to you. They are good and quite fast. They immediately respond to your query when you log the ticket with them.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. They have enough documentation available on the Nagios website.

Since we have been using it for the last five years we have done very well with reference to ROI. We predicted that we would be deploying Nagios on a certain number of servers or devices. We actually crossed that intended goal and are pleased with the ROI.

They charge around ten thousand per month for one thousand nodes. That is their overall cost, but it differs on which company you are applying to, whether you are a service provider or an enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Nagios Network Analyzer eight out of ten.