We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor is #37 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Business Process Monitor an average rating of 8 out of 10. Micro Focus Business Process Monitor is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: Micro Focus Business Process Monitor vs Dynatrace. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 37% of all views.
What is Micro Focus Business Process Monitor?

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor is an application monitoring software that proactively and consistently monitors business processes to identify performance issues before they affect users.

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor was previously known as HPE Business Process Monitor.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor Customers

United Airlines, Vodafone Ireland, TEB, The Australian Red Cross Blood Service

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor Video

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor Reviews

Kalyan Maddula
Presales Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The proactive monitoring is helpful for our customers

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable is that it has synthetic monitoring that you can run from different geographies and identify. It’s more proactive monitoring than reactive monitoring, so it'll alert customers before they find out things are not working. Proactive monitoring is very helpful to most of our customers.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, the roadmaps are not clear with Micro Focus. They should release a frequent upgrade path and roadmap that will create a clear reason for customers to identify issues.

I have been working with Business Process Monitor for almost ten years.

BPM is quite stable. However, when it comes to the number of protocols for support, the roadmap has to be clear. It's stable as long as the customer is able to get the scope done.

When it comes to a new protocol as an application, I think the roadmap is clean, but predominantly 80% to 90% of customers get covered with the protocol, which is supported by BPM.

Customer support is pretty average and can use some improvement. In order to reach the right candidate to get the issue solved, I think the response and ownership is always good. There is a response to the ticket, but it could take a while to reach a resolution.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

It is straightforward if it is a BPM core component, but if it involves an APM and other components, it takes a longer time. BPM does not take as long.

They are flexible when it comes to the cost. If a customer has a budget constraint, Micro Focus is open to providing discounts. Other companies in this space are very expensive. Micro Focus is economical.

The BPM as a product has one set of offerings for Micro Focus, whereas other products, there have been more acquisitions. So this turns into a silo, whereas other products are together and are more robust in comparison. However, the strength is much stronger here. The silo focuses only on one particular aspect. Other competitors have bits and pieces of each and everything as one component.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Micro Focus BPM an eight out of ten.

The requirements should be clear before choosing the product. If the requirements are not clear, I think there might be a problem. The goal and vision have to be clear before BPM can be picked. This is a generic statement, but if anybody wants to do synthetic monitoring across the world, I think it's the best suitable product

Sr Information Technology Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good performance visibility but is a discontinued product
  • "The stability has been very good over the years."
  • "The solution should offer better integration with other tools from a service management perspective."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for monitoring complex transactions and real user experience modeling.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at showing users ways to use a user action on a website and to see the performance.

The stability has been very good over the years.

The product can scale.

What needs improvement?

The product has been discontinued.

The solution should offer better integration with other tools from a service management perspective. If you could better combine it with your infrastructure it would give you a better understanding of what's going on. That would be a benefit for us.

I've worked with the solution for about 15 years now. it's been well over a decade. I've used it for a long time.

It's a very stable platform. We haven't had any issues with it. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is licensed by the number of connections on the application. It's pretty scalable.

As a solution that was discontinued, we've been out of contract for a number of years, so we can't speak to the technical support side of things.

The pricing is competitive. It's equivalent to some of the other tools in the space. If you are talking about BPM, it's a perpetual license. If you're talking about APM, prices are comparable with the prices of Datadog, or OpsBridge. BPM goes with OpsBridge, which can get pricey. It's comparable to the other solutions in their niche.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using Micro Focus solutions for 20 years. We've been customers for a very long time.

I am not using the latest version of the solution. BPM was discontinued a number of years ago. We're basically moving over to APM.

It's a very good solution, however, it's a standalone solution. There are newer solutions, such as APM, BigPanda, or Datadog. These are stronger solutions in my book.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.