We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
PPM Services Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
No performance issues but haven't really noticed a difference in security

What is our primary use case?

We started using MOVE Antivirus because our security staff required it. And I personally haven't seen the difference because I haven't had any issues so far that McAfee addresses. MOVE Antivirus is to reduce and avoid risks.

I've been using MOVE AntiVirus for around a month.

In the time that I've been using it, it hasn't crashed. It's rock-solid. So, I haven't noticed any performance issues, like using too much CPU or memory.

It has been expanded to our entire organization. So, it's more than 100 people.

I didn't use any antivirus…

What is our primary use case?

I've been using MOVE AntiVirus for around a month.

It has been expanded to our entire organization. So, it's more than 100 people.

I didn't use any antivirus because my operating system was secure already. I haven't faced any issues so far, so I didn't use it before.

Setting up MOVE Antivirus is straightforward. It only takes a couple of minutes. We have a couple of technical specialists who handle all of this.

I'm not sure about the pricing because it's something that our security staff installed. It should be licensed like any commercial solution purchased by a company.

What other advice do I have?

I rate MOVE Antivirus seven out of 10. I haven't had any issues, so I can recommend this.

Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Lightweight and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are consultants. We make recommendations for our clients. Our customers use this solution to protect their environment from viruses.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. It loads quickly, and it doesn't affect the operating system or the customer's environment. It is very fast and does not slow the system down.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements made to make it more secure. The stability could be improved.

I have been acquainted with McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for two years.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is a stable solution but it could be better.

I am not familiar with the…

What is our primary use case?

We are consultants. We make recommendations for our clients.

Our customers use this solution to protect their environment from viruses.

What is most valuable?

It is very fast and does not slow the system down.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements made to make it more secure.

The stability could be improved.

I have been acquainted with McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for two years.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is a stable solution but it could be better.

I am not familiar with the scalability of AntiVirus solutions.

We have six to seven customers who use this product.

We have not contacted technical support because we are not using this solution. Our customers contact them for support.

We are also testing Symantec and Trend Micro.

We are not involved in the installation. Our customers complete the setup themselves.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend this solution to others who are interested in using an AntiVirus solution.

I would rate McAfee MOVE AnitVirus an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Process Specialist - Operational Excellence at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good protection that runs automatically

What is our primary use case?

This is not something that I actively use. It is automatically installed on my PC. It's an automatic antivirus. There is nothing needed from me to get it to work. It is used for protection and it protects the computer itself.

What is most valuable?

It protects the system from viruses and hacking.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with SharePoint.

This solution has been installed on my PC for two years.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product. We have 200 users in our organization. While it is installed on my computer, I will continue to use it.

How are

What is our primary use case?

It is used for protection and it protects the computer itself.

What is most valuable?

It protects the system from viruses and hacking.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with SharePoint.

This solution has been installed on my PC for two years.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product. We have 200 users in our organization.

While it is installed on my computer, I will continue to use it.

I have not had any experience with technical support.

We haven't used anything other than McAfee.

It was already installed on my PC.

The licensing is managed by my IT team.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it. I haven't had any issues. It's working fine.

I would rate McAfee MOVE AntiVirus a nine out of ten.

Network and Security Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Makes data accessible, but needs better security

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version. I use it on my laptop and for my mobile phone for the protection of personal information.

What is most valuable?

When my phone was stolen the solution enabled me to access my data so that I could take a screenshot of the person using my phone and have it sent to my email. This is a great feature.

What needs improvement?

The security feature should be more secure.

I've been using McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for three years.

While I considered the solution to be stable, the theft of information from my phone demonstrates that this is an area which could stand improvement.

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The security feature should be more secure.

I've been using McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for three years.

I have not made use of technical support.

Before using the solution I used Symantec. This was a long time ago.

The solution was very easy to install.

It took ten minutes or less. This was a great thing.

I did the implementation on my own.

The solution requires an annual license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

IT Manager at a venture capital & private equity firm with 11-50 employees
Excellent for endpoint security, providing great protection
  • "The solution works well for endpoint security."
  • "Lacks cloud security integrated with the antivirus."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to protect all the computers in the company; the websites, files and emails our employees use. I'm responsible for IT and we are customers of McAfee.

What is most valuable?

In general, the solution provides good protection, it works well for endpoint security.

What needs improvement?

We're currently looking to switch to a solution that offers cloud security because we want that integrated with the antivirus. We're looking for something that's more sophisticated and integrated.

I've been using this solution for over six years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

We have 10 employees in the company and no problems with scaling.

The initial setup is easy, you just download the software program and install. It can be done very quickly.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great tool but now that people are working from home we're looking for something better because what we have now just protects the endpoint and we'd like to have better email and cloud security.

The solution no longer meets our needs but it's a very good product and I rate it a nine out of 10.

Vice President Of Technology at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It is stable and easy to set up
  • "It can be set up easily and then connected with the server to get the latest updates."
  • "This solution is okay for users who are just office personnel. Developers or users who heavily use their laptops complain that it really slows down their laptops. Using this solution can be a big challenge from the performance perspective if you need a productive system that locally runs multiple VMs."

What is our primary use case?

We usually use this solution for protecting the endpoints. It is deployed centrally on all corporate workstations and laptops in my organization.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution is okay for users who are just office personnel. Developers or users who heavily use their laptops complain that it really slows down their laptops. Using this solution can be a big challenge from the performance perspective if you need a productive system that locally runs multiple VMs.

I have been using this solution for the last five years. It's deployed on all laptops in my organization.

It is stable.

We have approximately 8,000 users.

I don't have any issues.

The initial setup is easy. It may be a part of our golden image approach.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend it, but I also do not complain too much about using this solution.

I would rate McAfee MOVE AntiVirus an eight out of ten. Its performance needs to be improved.

Implementation Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Provides threat protection, but performance could be improved

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for this solution is to protect my computer from threats.

What is most valuable?

There are tons of valuable features, including threat protection and antivirus.

What needs improvement?

The performance of this product could be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The performance could be more stable. Sometimes I feel like my internet is going down because of some error, but I just reinstall the McAfee Antivirus and that usually works.

Almost every one I can think of in my organization uses McAfee MOVE Antivirus, so more than 500 people.  …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

There are tons of valuable features, including threat protection and antivirus.

What needs improvement?

The performance of this product could be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

I have contacted technical support and they were very helpful. They resolved the queries on time.

The installation was straightforward and took me five minutes.

I implemented through an in-house team.

There is a yearly subscription for McAfee.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a seven out of ten. The performance could be better, but I would recommend McAfee to others.

Engineering Manager, R&D at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
It helps us deal with hacking and other threats in our environment

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use MOVE AntiVirus for data security and preventing hacking.

What is most valuable?

MOVE AntiVirus helps us deal with hacking and other threats in our environment. We have two or three layers of additional security on top of the firewall, and the other thing is data security.  MOVE helps us cover such things.

What needs improvement?

Our only issue is performance. McAfee needs a plan to make that better.

I've used MOVE AntiVirus for more than 10 years.

MOVE is stable.

MOVE is scalable.

We have a dedicated security team for this…

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use MOVE AntiVirus for data security and preventing hacking.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Our only issue is performance. McAfee needs a plan to make that better.

I've used MOVE AntiVirus for more than 10 years.

MOVE is stable.

MOVE is scalable.

We have a dedicated security team for this solution, so we handle it separately. And if there are any issues with implementation, we contact McAfee support.

There are so many things that need to be plugged in, so the difficulty of the setup depends on the requirement.

We pay for an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate McAfee MOVE Antivirus 10 out of 10.