We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Senior ICT Technical Security Services Specialist at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An agent-less solution that offers good performance and good malware detection
  • "It's minimal and not too heavy on the system."
  • "It would be ideal if the initial setup was a bit easier."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for malware protection and security purposes.

What is most valuable?

The reason why went for MOVE is due to the fact that it's agent-less. This is one of the most valuable aspects of the product overall.

The solution's performance is very good.

It's minimal and not too heavy on the system.

The malware detection is very good.

We have found the solution to stable.

The product is scalable.

The solution is highly compatible with other products.

What needs improvement?

As of now, we haven't identified any room for improvement as it's addressing our requirements for malware detection and for performance also.

It would be ideal if the initial setup was a bit easier.

I have used the solution for three or four years at this point.

The solution is stable so far. I haven't had any issues just yet. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

About 500 people are using the solution in our organization. It's deployed onto all of our virtual desktops.

We are planning to expand usage as we are expanding our virtual desktop infrastructure.

The technical support from McAfee is good, and also the account manager that we have is very supportive and responsive. We are happy with the level of support.

For a virtual environment, we did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is okay. It's not that straightforward, however, it is doable. I would rate the entire process at a six out of ten.

We have one admin that handles any maintenance tasks that need to be addressed.

We had assistance with the setup via a partner.

I'm not dealing with the commercial aspect of the product, therefore, I do not have any knowledge of the costs involved or the licensing structure.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user.

I would recommend this product if a company is deploying a virtual environment, especially if it is Citrix VDI due to its compatibility and the minimal impact on the performance.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Regional Head Customer Experience at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good web filtering and quite secure
  • "The performance is great. The solution doesn't cause any issues while browsing or using any files or anything. It's very strong."
  • "It would be ideal if the product could offer more integration."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for protecting our personal information and our business as well as internet protection. We put up some filters, and, based on that, it filters out the flagged information.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good web security and filtering.

The stability of the product is excellent. It's a great aspect of the solution.

We have found the solution to be very secure. We have never been breached.

The initial setup is easy.

We've found the updates to be very helpful.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if the product could offer more integration.

The solution could always be more secure. The more energy they put into security, the better it is for us.

I've used the solution since I joined my current company. I've used it for about four years or so at this point. It's been a while.

The stability of the product is great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is reliable.

Everyone in our organization is using the solution. It's on everyone's laptop. We have about 25,000 employees.

I've never been in touch with technical support. We do have our own internal IT team we would turn to if we ran into issues, however, I've never actually had any issues to speak of.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The solution is installed on our machines. I was not a part of the process of putting it there, however, my understanding is that it is easy to implement.

I don't have any visibility on the licensing process or how much the solution costs. It's not part of my responsibilities.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using, however, everyone has it installed on their laptops. My understanding is that it is up-to-date.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten overall. We've been quite pleased with its capabilities over the years. We feel very safe.

Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Data Protection Specialist at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
An advanced security solution that can be fully automated
  • "I like that it's all automated"
  • "The process of enabling drive encryption can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to protect our PCs and our servers. We have DLP endpoints, and we have drive encryption and endpoint security. We also use it for endpoint security on our laptops, and they do have these running on the servers.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's all automated. It's automatically configured and updated from a central server. The patches get updated automatically, and it provides good security against malware and ransomware. It also encrypts our drives, and there's a lot of security.

Another good feature is that you can always get it to reset by calling a remote admin for help. For example, if you've forgotten your password, you can unlock it from your system boot up, and you can get assistance from the admin.

What needs improvement?

The process of enabling drive encryption can be improved. It takes a long time to enable drive encryption. For some reason, we have to keep monitoring it. It takes a few hours to update the policies, which finally encrypts the drive. It's a very slow process, and we have to sit there and watch what goes on.

Sometimes I also see that there isn't any reporting back to the central team that someone's system isn't up to date.

We''ve been using McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for close to ten years.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is a stable product.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is a scalable product. We have it deployed across 100,000 people, and it's a huge deployment.

I think before this, they may have used something else like Trend Micro. Then they moved to McAfee, and from McAfee, they may shift to some other good product. I have used a computer spreadsheets antivirus, e-antivirus before.

It's pushed remotely, and it's like a remotely deployed solution. It barely takes two to five minutes to set up and deploy. There's a big team that manages the deployment and maintenance as part of the overall security and corporate security.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to potential users if it's a corporate office. It's a great tool for a corporate environment.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give McAfee MOVE AntiVirus an eight.

Senior Solutions Architect at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Great features including real-time memory scan and endpoint protection
  • "Everything can be combined from the endpoint and server infrastructure security perspective."
  • "It requires deployment of multiple agents for multiple jobs which is unnecessary."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with McAfee and I'm a senior solution architect.

What is most valuable?

McAfee not only provides the antivirus, but they provide an EDR kind of solution which makes it possible for there to be zero attacks. That scenario certainly helps customers - everything can be combined in a single pane of glass from the endpoint and the server infrastructure security perspective. I like that the solution consumes less of what it stores on endpoints. When it's performing a full-system scan, it consumes less CPU and memory resources, so a user can continue working and not be aware the scanning is occurring. It also supports the real-time memory scan, protecting the user from the real-time product and from any kind of EXE file or monitoring activity. I think the endpoint protection is a very nice feature of this product. McAfee has a more simplified approach to providing security for endpoints.

What needs improvement?

This solution requires you to deploy multiple agents for multiple jobs which is unfortunate. There is the antivirus, there is a DLP client, there is a media client. I'd like to see all of these combined into a single agent that does everything without consuming significant resources. That would be a great innovation from the endpoint security point of view. Rather than having different tools, the DLP DR should be integrated and simplified into one single security solution.

I've been using this solution for a couple of months.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable. In general, it requires admin resources and user resources.

The initial setup requires a certain skill set because anyone wanting to deploy such a tool needs to be aware of the best practices in terms of how the security should be designed, areas such as data configuration and product configuration. A simple antivirus installation should only take a couple of minutes but when it comes to the enterprise grade or installation on a server, it takes time because a lot of planning is required. The planning takes time, not the installation.

There is a one-year or three-year licensing option.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Head of Operational Excellence at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use with good pricing and good scalability
  • "The product offers good compatibility with other solutions and has good integration potential."
  • "They should work to make the renewal process better. I'd like to see is a few weeks of notification up front that the renewal is about to expire."

What is our primary use case?

To be honest, the product has just sat there. I have no idea what it does.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the ease of use.

It's real-time and it updates itself.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is very good.

In general, the pricing is quite good.

The installation process is very simple.

What needs improvement?

They should work to make the renewal process better. I'd like to see is a few weeks of notification up front that the renewal is about to expire.

I've been using the solution for five years.

So far, I've found the product to be very stable. It offers good performance. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's been reliable.

The scalability of the product is quite good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We have four people using the solution right now.

I've never contacted technical support, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

We likely used Norton five or so years ago.

The solution is very simple and straightforward. It's not difficult to set up at all.

You do not need any outside assistance in order to set up the product. My seven-year-old could do it. It's that easy.

The renewal process is difficult. It could send me a notification upfront before it takes the cash out of the bank.

That said, the pricing is very reasonable.

The solution only does an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. The product has been very capable overall.

I would recommend the solution to first-time users for sure.

Project Management Officer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Scalable, with good security and good stability
  • "The solution is good at protecting my laptop from online threats such as malware."
  • "The solution could be cheaper. they should work to lower their pricing. It's too expensive right now."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for security purposes. I use it personally, on my laptop.

What is most valuable?

The solution has proven itself to be stable.

The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for quite a few years at this point. It's been a long time. I don't know the exact number of years.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance is good.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

I'm not sure how many users are on the solution currently. I do have plans to use it myself for another one to two years, however, I can't speak to the plans of the company. I'm not sure if they have plans to expand usage.

I haven't had any direct experience with technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they would be if you had to contact them.

I can't speak to the installation process. It was installed by an outside vendor.

The setup might have taken 30-45 minutes.

We used an outside vendor that installed the solution for us. While I may be able to handle it myself, I can't speak to how the process would have gone had I done it on my own.

I have a one-year subscription on my laptop. I'm not sure what my company is using. They may be on an enterprise level.

The pricing is a bit high.

I didn't evaluate other solutions before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

I even use this solution personally. I have this on my personal laptop.

I'd recommend the solution to other users or companies.

Lead IT Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An effective security product that is lightweight and works well for virtual environments
  • "The most valuable feature is the security, which is very effective compared to other products."
  • "The dashboard should be improved, as a more user-friendly version is required."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to prevent virus attacks from outside of the organization.

What is most valuable?

The resource utilization is very low, not consuming the same level of resources as Symantec.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard should be improved, as a more user-friendly version is required.

We have been using McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for five years.

This is a stable solution and it is being used 24/7.

We did not face any issues when we built up our infrastructure and increased our workload, so it is scalable. We have approximately 500 servers that it is deployed on.

When you first contact technical support, they simply show you articles. It is only after it is escalated that a person joins the call.

Prior to McAfee, I had used a similar solution from Symantec. I found that it was much more resource-intensive, although it was more user-friendly.

The complexity of the setup depends on the environment. We have multiple installations and in some cases, it is simple, whereas in others it is complicated. It took us between two and three months to deploy.

We had a third-party to assist with the deployment.

We have two or three people in our company who handle maintenance.

The licensing fees are billed on an annual basis.

We trust McAfee and as such, we did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is that it is very good for a virtual environment. I have not found any bugs, it is scalable, and overall a very good product. My only complaint is about the user interface.

Lead Business Analyst - HR Systems at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Good Protection and alerting, easy to install, secure, and easy to perform scans
  • "The most valuable feature is the protection we have had over the years."
  • "I would like to see monthly reports of the usage."

What is our primary use case?

It's an antivirus solution to protect the system.

We access many websites on a daily basis and are not really sure whether it's a good or a bad site.

What is most valuable?

It's really easy to scan the laptop for any viruses that may have been download, and helps this to have a secured mode.

The most valuable feature is the protection we have had over the years.

Alert-wise, it is very good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see monthly reports of the usage.

While scanning, if you could get history as well provide an easy report that can identify monthly what you have browsed.

I have been using it since 2010 on my personal laptops.

We use the annual package for household purposes.

It's a very stable system.

It's a scalable product.

We plan to continue to use this solution, we just recently renewed it.

We have not contacted technical support. The website has many FAQs available if required.

We are also using sharp for the VPN.

Previously, we were using Norton AntiVirus.

My husband installed it, but it was very easy.

It takes less than 10 to 20 minutes.

Pricing is reasonable. It's affordable.

We spend money on so many other things, why not spend money on security?

You can renew licenses annually or bi-annually. When you have an offer, you pay less for two years.

We opted for the two years.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who is interested in using this solution, I would recommend it.

I would rate McAfee Move AntiVirus a nine out of ten.