Ivanti Avalanche OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Ivanti Avalanche?

Avalanche is rooted in managing the mobile computers that drive the supply chain. As those devices have evolved, Avalanche has continued to keep pace. So, whether you have legacy Windows CE devices deployed in your warehouse, or are looking to extend mobility to the showroom with today’s latest Android and iOS devices, Avalanche can manage them all.

Ivanti Avalanche Customers

Goya, Gist, TaylorMade

Ivanti Avalanche Video

Ivanti Avalanche Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ivanti Avalanche pricing:
  • "Other than the standard licensing fee, there aren't any additional or hidden costs, although I believe Avalanche could be made more affordable in general."
  • "It is expensive. Its price could be cheaper."
  • Ivanti Avalanche Reviews

Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    A great time-saver for our clients in warehousing and logistics
    • "The most useful feature of Avalanche is remote control — especially the ability to remotely install packages to many devices all at once. When the client has, for example, 100 devices needing updates, it would take far too long to update each device individually. But with Avalanche, we just connect to all the devices through the PC and send the updates out with one click."
    • "Because our clients are all very satisfied with Ivanti from their side, there is little I can say about room for improvement. However, I think that to stay competitive with other solutions offering a similiar solution, Ivanti could look into making their products more affordable."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is an integrator for Avalanche and we have clients who are using barcode scanners, thermal printers, etc., in the context of warehousing and logistics. We implement Avalanche for these clients to manage their Windows CE devices. The implementations are installed on the client's premises, using the client's own servers.

For example, we have one client who uses Ivanti's Speakeasy solution, and when the solution needs an upgrade we can use Avalanche to push updated packages to all the devices in production at one time.

How has it helped my organization?

Ivanti Avalanche has reduced the time needed to perform updates on all the devices across our clients' organizations. It's a great time-saver for the client.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Personally, I want to see Avalanche make more approaches available for Android devices, in terms of managing devices and sending packages remotely.

Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, SOTI and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: November 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Ivanti Avalanche for about two years now.

Avalanche is really stable. It's very good in this respect.

The scalability of Avalanche is very good because it's not a solution that consumes a lot of resources from a machine. It can be scaled quite easily.

Avalanche's technical support is very good. I receive all the help I need when I request it.

The setup was straightforward. I got a lot of support from a technician at Ivanti and everything works great. I have nothing to complain about.

As the integrator, it takes us about two or three days to get everything implemented. The initial installation and overall implementation are quite quick, not least because of the help I receive from Ivanti. It's a very pleasant process, in fact.

Other than the standard licensing fee, there aren't any additional or hidden costs, although I believe Avalanche could be made more affordable in general.

We have evaluated other options like SOTI, but for devices with Windows CE there aren't that many solutions available.

When comparing Avalanche to similar solutions, but for Android devices, Avalanche is much easier to use. This is mainly because a remote management solution for Android has to take into account a number of different factors such as the widely differing platforms and versions of Android itself. So a solution for managing Android is quite different to one that manages Windows CE devices. Currently, it's a lot easier to manage Windows CE devices with Avalanche rather than managing Android devices with another solution.

What other advice do I have?

Avalanche is a stable, easy-to-use solution and we definitely plan to continue using it.

I would rate Avalanche a nine out of ten.

Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    A stable and easy-to-use solution that reduces the time for updates and allows us to remotely install the packages
    • "Installing the packages remotely and remote control are the most valuable features. There are around 100 pieces or devices, and the only way to send a package to a device is by connecting to the PC and then manually sending the package. By using Avalanche, we can send a package to all devices with one click. It is very stable and easy to use. Their technical support is also very good. We have implemented this solution for our clients, and they are satisfied with this solution. It does what it is meant to do."
    • "Its price could be improved. It could be cheaper. I would like to see a better approach for Android and an easy way to send packages and manage devices."

What is our primary use case?

We are an integrator in key areas such as Transport and logistics, Warehouses, Production, Utilities. We have clients who use our solutions based on barcodes, barcode readers, barcode printers, co-bots, vision solutions and automations. We have implemented such solutions with Ivanti Avalanche for the management of the Windows CE devices.

One of our clients has Ivanti Speakeasy solution, which needs improvement. Through Avalanche, we can push packages to all devices that are in production.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been time-saving for the clients. It has helped in reducing the time for updates.

What is most valuable?

Installing the packages remotely and remote control are the most valuable features. There are around 100 pieces or devices, and the only way to send a package to a device is by connecting to the PC and then manually sending the package. By using Avalanche, we can send a package to all devices with one click.

It is very stable and easy to use. Their technical support is also very good. We have implemented this solution for our clients, and they are satisfied with this solution. It does what it is meant to do.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be improved. It could be cheaper.

I would like to see a better approach for Android and an easy way to send packages and manage devices.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Its stability is good.

Its scalability is good. It doesn't consume a lot of resources of a machine, and it can be scaled.

We have two or three users of this solution, and they are the IT staff in the company. We plan to increase its usage.

Their technical support is very good.

For Windows CE, we have only used this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. The installation and implementation happen quickly. It took two to three days for all the things that I needed.

We are an integrator. We have all the support from the technicians from Ivanti, and everything works great. We don't have any complaints.

For its deployment, you just need three people. It is usually me and two other people from the client's side.

For such a solution and for its functionalities the price is correct.

There are very few options for devices with Windows CE. We did evaluate some options for Android devices, which is a different platform. Avalanche is easier to use for controlling and managing devices.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Ivanti Avalanche a nine out of ten.

Download our free Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, SOTI, and more!
    Updated: November 2022