IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HPE ConvergedSystem OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE ConvergedSystem is #1 ranked solution in top Converged Infrastructure for SAP HANA tools and #4 ranked solution in top Converged Infrastructure tools. PeerSpot users give HPE ConvergedSystem an average rating of 8 out of 10. HPE ConvergedSystem is most commonly compared to Dell PowerEdge VRTX: HPE ConvergedSystem vs Dell PowerEdge VRTX. HPE ConvergedSystem is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
HPE ConvergedSystem Buyer's Guide

Download the HPE ConvergedSystem Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is HPE ConvergedSystem?

HPE ConvergedSystem gives you lower cost of ownership and greater flexibility to meet more business demands. Eliminate the inefficiencies and inflexibility of one-silo-at-a-time infrastructure with software-defined agility and automation.

Deploy pre-validated, factory-tested configurations in weeks instead of months. Set up IT services in minutes, not hours. Integrated, workload-optimised systems eliminate infrastructure silos for improved efficiency, simplicity and speed.

HPE ConvergedSystem was previously known as HPE ConvergedSystem 700, HPE ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA, CS500, HPE ConvergedSystem 900, HPE ConvergedSystem 500, HPE ConvergedSystem 300.

HPE ConvergedSystem Customers

FAW-Volkswagen, NICS, NBrIX, Pinpoint, HPE Technology Services, SWS, Ko Sistem, HPE

HPE ConvergedSystem Video

HPE ConvergedSystem Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE ConvergedSystem pricing:
  • "The pricing is sensitive."
  • "This is an expensive solution."
  • HPE ConvergedSystem Reviews

Mehmet Inoglu - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Infrastructure Manager at Yıldız Holding
    Flexible with good restore functionality and excellent technical support
    • "The flexibility is the most advantageous aspect of the solution. Our system has a very big environment. Due to this, the replication and backup operation is not an easy task. We prefer HPE SimpliVity modules in our environment, even when we have some different cases in operations."
    • "The solution needs to add NFS features."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for recovery and backup purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

Even we could not restore some of our systems by using some conventional methods. Instead of using the SimpliVity backup and restore methods, we can easily restore our data without any risk. That is the advantage of these systems.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility is the most advantageous aspect of the solution. Our system has a very big environment. Due to this, the replication and backup operation is not an easy task. We prefer HPE SimpliVity modules in our environment, even when we have some different cases in operations. So far we have been very comfortable with these kinds of devices.

What needs improvement?

In terms of our HPE ConvergedSystem, currently we use Gen8 Blade Systems and HPE c7,000 chassis in our environment. We have a three-part 7400 module in our environment. We also have StoreOnce 6000 models here for backing up our operating systems. Currently, we have problems with the HPE StoreOnce module in regards to the backup operations. This is because sometimes we can lose our backup reports storage from the Veeam side. We checked this issue on the HPE side and it was suggested to us to use the catalyst model instead of a 6-sharing model. They say that this approach can solve our issues easily, but we are still testing to see if this is the case. Full flash systems require high utilization of the application. Due to this, HPE changed their systems into full flash modules. Currently, we use inbuilt modules in our environment. These kinds of modules require fast disks and SSD disks, but SSD disks are generally used for the caching of operations. The majority of our data is located on the fast disk. Due to this, sometimes we experience some ancillary issues.  The solution needs to add NFS features.
    HPE ConvergedSystem
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about HPE ConvergedSystem. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

Currently, we do not have enough experience regarding the full flash system's efficacy. We have new projects and we still have the old SimpliVity nodes. We have some POCs in the works in our environment.

In terms of scalability, these types of devices are very successful in expanding. This is due to the fact that you can expand simply by adding nodes and changing the size of the storage. It's easy.

HPE is very good in terms of providing assistance as required. We do not have any issues with the support side of this device. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

We tested EMC with three ACI systems in our environment. As far as I remember, we put our exchange systems on the environment. However, they failed. We tested Nutanix's Systems in our environment as well. Both of these were tested in our environment quite a long time ago.

HPE pricing is generally high for these devices. Using HPE Servers in the SimpliVity module, it should in theory be possible to decrease pricing to a reasonable amount. However, at the moment, the pricing remains high.

What other advice do I have?

Most of our landscape is HPE products at the moment. We also have an EMC Backup Appliance in our environment. Currently, we have HPE Blade in our environment. We are thinking of changing all of these products. At the end of this year, we'll probably target HPE Synergy Systems hardware in our environment. Some of the projects require unified storage on our environment due to this. We prefer a storage model, like EMC. Currently, we also use the HPE Converged Systems. We have SimpliVity nodes in our environment. We use these nodes for most systems, but we are currently having some difficulties in terms of IO utilization issues. We will probably change the systems to SL systems. In our current situation, HPE still suggests to use the new HPE SimpliVity System in our environment, however, there are some difficulties with the implementation of this project. The project requires NFS sharing on the ACI side.  In terms of advice to others considering the solution, with the implementation of the systems, the networking connections and VLAN settings can be done by VSAT. It would make the implementation of this kind of device simpler. New users may need to add some sort of storage access like NFS. I don't know whether putting in another controller into these devices would help. The virtualization platform can be run on a different controller. I would caution that a user needs to calculate their IOPS and utilization size very well. If the application requires intensive party access and if they are not in the scope of the application of the SimpliVity devices, the entire application requires the IO of the hard disk located on the SimpliVity. It's important to run a POC before implementing any application on this kind of ACI system. ACI systems cannot be addressed by every general application. You have to know your application and know your application requirements, and test your application requirements on each appliance. Then, you can proceed to the production environment on the ACI side. Sometimes your application may not be suitable for the ACI systems. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
    CONSULTOR COMERCIAL - ARQUITECTO DE SOLUCIONES at CLIFURVA
    Secure, easy to configure, and integrates well with third-party solutions
    • "The storage, BladeSystems, Virtual Connect, and simplicity with hyper-converged solutions are the most valuable features of this solution."
    • "I would like to see monitoring solutions included, as well as brand support."

What is our primary use case?

I work as an integrator and an end user.

What is most valuable?

It's a great solution that is very secure, and very easy to configure.

When compared with SAP ERP, HPE is easier to deploy to their VMware solutions.

HPE ConvergedSystems integrates well.

We don't have any issues with the interface.

What needs improvement?

HPE ConvergedSystems doesn't upgrade as often as other solutions. For example, I have had to change the infrastructure several times for our customers who have SAP, they have gone from P4000 to P6000.

We are currently migrating our customers to SAP S/4HANNA. Their infrastructure has a five-year lifespan. After five years, they need to change it. They now have a new CEO, CFO, and CIO, and the new customers want to try new things.

Perhaps they will change the infrastructure. This firm has many customers with new CIOs and CDxOs, and they are considering changing their infrastructure. The infrastructure is better with what they currently have, but with new people, they want to look at other possibilities.

I would like to see monitoring solutions included, as well as brand support.

Customers' infrastructures must be supported at all times. In Colombia, for example, we meet many customers who have different brands, such as Dell, IBM, or HPE, which is either their headquarters or a branch. However, each branch has a single point of contact and a single support provider. The customer prefers to deal with only one branch and one support representative. I recommend that HPE provide support for various brands and Dell products.

I have been working with HPE ConvergedSystem for 15 years. I started to use this solution in 2007.

Our customers have two sites, and it is deployed on-premises as well as to third-party solutions for a third-party company.

Customers can scale up very easily.

HPE ConvergedSystem technical support is good, but they could do better in supporting other brands that customers have included in their infrastructure.

I have experience with several IT solutions such as HP, Dell, and Nutanix.

A warranty is provided to the customer. The customer can install the Enterprise ERP solution easily and has a good warranty, which includes HP's factory warranty and other conditions.

The pricing is sensitive.

The hybrid solution with Amazon, Google, and Azure, are hybrid solutions that the customers are considering.

Customers have evaluated other large brands similar to HPE, and believe that HPE SimpliVity or HPE Nimble can be the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HPE ConvergedSystem a nine out of ten.

HPE ConvergedSystem
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ismael Prieto - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at ISA
    Reseller
    Great consolidation and duplication features; very easy to manage
    • "Consolidation and duplications features."
    • "The MTG inside HP could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We sell Converged to government organizations. In the past year we've been working with the healthcare and education departments. We are partners, resellers and integrators of Converged, primarily a Hewlett Packard enterprise partner. I'm the director of the company.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a beneficial system for organizations. Rather than having a separate processing system and backup system, Converged provides it all in one.

What is most valuable?

The consolidation is an advantageous feature along with the duplications. The product reduces energy required by the system. It's also easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

I think the MTG inside HP could be improved. It would simplify quoting for services. When you get a quote from HP now, they tend to quote separately for services and the product. This makes it difficult to try to quote for the client and to integrate the solution.

For the future, it would be good to see integration with cloud services. Our customers want to share the solution, currently on-premise, to the cloud, and it's sometimes difficult to implement. It would be great if they could bridge the two.

We've been reselling this solution for five years.

It's very easy to scale this solution. Our customers are generally medium enterprise, at least medium for Mexico. They have plans to increase usage.

I think the technical support is excellent.

Our first customer evaluated Nutanix and Converged before going with Converged. HP has an advantage because they have hardware and Nutanix is software. That's the reason the customer preferred to make the fusion with the hardware because it reduced the overhead of the processing. Secondly, HP enables a backup in the same solution, and with Nutanix you have to integrate another product from another software and another vendor.

Initial setup is complex but not because HP is complex, but because the customer has a lot of integrations or components. When a customer buys Converged they have to eliminate the storage, the switch, and other components. It's difficult to implement correctly in that situation. The last implementation we did took a month but an earlier one took three months. Deployment time really depends on configuration.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution, I think it's easier to implement Converged than other solutions. The solution doesn't require many people to manage or maintain, or involvement with the infrastructure. That's why I would recommend it. It's easy and that's one of the advantages the customer has when they buy a Converge System, it's easier than an iOS infrastructure.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Fernando Rocha - PeerSpot reviewer
    Propietario at ARS Servicios Profesionales
    Virtualization solution used for 12 years to make hardware more efficient

What is our primary use case?

In Chile, most of our customers use VMware to virtualize several machines and make their hardware more efficient.

What needs improvement?

This is an expensive solution and could be improved with lower pricing.

We have used this solution for 12 years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution. Our customers begin with an initial configuration and later add more servers, memory and other options to meet the demands of increased processing.

The customer service for this solution is good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward. We received the necessary training and the manuals are very clear and easy to follow.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those considering this solution to ensure they begin with the correct sizing and configuration. If the configuration is oversized, they will pay a high price for features they do not use. If the configuration is undersized, they may not have all their needs met.

System Administrator at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Leaderboard
    Provides deduplication, compression and backup, but has inadequate HPE and website functionality

What is most valuable?

We find the deduplication and compression features to be most valuable, as well as that of the backup solution inside.

What needs improvement?

Features that should be addressed concern the HPE functionality and the interaction with VMware. We would also like to see additional website functionality, because the surfeit of those who come online makes the addition of complete information challenging.

We have been using HPE ConvergedSystem for several months.

The technical support is French approved  and transpires in this language, which works for us. So, too, we share the same work hours with those of technical support and they are adaptable to our schedule.

All of the activity concerning the initial setup was complex, as we are obliged to coordinate it with HP support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution a six or seven out of ten.

Download our free HPE ConvergedSystem Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022