HPE Apollo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Apollo is the #2 ranked solution in top Density Optimized Servers and #6 ranked solution in top Rack Servers. PeerSpot users give HPE Apollo an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. HPE Apollo is most commonly compared to HPE ProLiant DL Servers: HPE Apollo vs HPE ProLiant DL Servers. HPE Apollo is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
HPE Apollo Buyer's Guide

Download the HPE Apollo Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is HPE Apollo?

The HPE Apollo high-density server family is built for the highest levels of performance and efficiency. They are rack-scale compute, storage, networking, power and cooling – massively scale-up and scale-out – solutions for your big data analytics, object storage and high-performance computing (HPC) workloads. From water-cooling that’s 1,000X more efficient than air, to “right-sized scaling” with 2X the compute density for workgroup and private cloud workloads, the HPE Apollo line is a dense, high-performance, tiered approach for organisations of all sizes.

HPE Apollo was previously known as HP Apollo Systems, HP ProLiant SL, HP Apollo.

HPE Apollo Customers

Weta Digital

HPE Apollo Video

HPE Apollo Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Apollo pricing:
  • "There is an annual license required to use HPE Apollo."
  • "The price of the solution is more expensive than Dell which is their main competitor. However, there are times we have managed to receive a comparable price."
  • HPE Apollo Reviews

Head of TV Engineering and Operations at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Easy to maintain, cost-effective, scalable, and resilient
    • "The cost benefit of this solution is most valuable. It is quite effective for the work for which we are using it. We are mainly running video servers on these, and we are quite happy with the resilience, density storage, and streaming capacity of the system."
    • "We are quite happy with it, but its price and storage density can be better."

What is most valuable?

The cost benefit of this solution is most valuable. It is quite effective for the work for which we are using it. We are mainly running video servers on these, and we are quite happy with the resilience, density storage, and streaming capacity of the system.

What needs improvement?

We are quite happy with it, but its price and storage density can be better.

I have been using this solution for three to four years. We have two different generations. We have servers that were bought four years ago and two years ago.

It is stable.

HPE Apollo vs. PowerEdge C
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about HPE Apollo vs. PowerEdge C and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
    655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is easy to scale. We are on top of it. We have an application from a specific vendor. We, as well as the software vendor, are happy with it.

It was really straightforward. The process for installing and commissioning the services was easy.

We are using our own teams for installation. We are quite autonomous on it. We internally have the knowledge to do the job. We are happy with it.

Our infrastructure team is managing all the hardware, virtual machines, and operating systems. We have around 2,000 servers. We don't have a dedicated team for Apollo. We have a team that takes care of all the generations of servers, including Apollo.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution. It is easy to maintain. If you have an infrastructure team, you won't have any problem with it.

I would rate HPE Apollo a nine out of ten.

Amir Adel - PeerSpot reviewer
    Junior Support Technician at Demo Computer
    Scalable solution with great programming storage
    • "The solution is well documented in a data sheet."
    • "The predictive analysis feature could be improved."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the amount of programming storage available.

What needs improvement?

The predictive analysis feature could be improved. We would like the solution to be able to implement automatically in the next release.

We have been using the solution for about two months. We are currently using version eight, and it is based on-premises.

This product is scalable. A large team is currently using it.

The customer service and support are available 24/7.

This is the only solution we have used. It was implemented from the beginning.

The initial setup was straightforward. The solution is well documented in a data sheet.

The deployment was done through a third party.

I cannot comment on the licensing costs as a different department handles it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a ten out of ten. Unfortunately, I have been working with it for only two months, so I cannot give advice to others. However, the solution is good and can be improved by including automatic implementation in the next update.

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers vs. HPE Apollo
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers vs. HPE Apollo and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
    655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ayush-Jain - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Consultant at Inflow Technologies
    Reseller
    Useful storage expansion, reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

The HPE Apollo is used as a server for our system clusters.

What is most valuable?

HPE Apollo's most valuable feature is the ability to expand our storage capacity.

I have been using HPE Apollo for approximately one year.

HPE Apollo is stable.

The scalability of HPE Apollo is good.

We have approximately 10 clients using this solution.

The support from HPE Apollo could be better, they are making knowledgeable.

There is an annual license required to use HPE Apollo.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate HPE Apollo an eight out of ten.

RonnieYazdani - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Sales at Omgea Exim Ltd
    MSP
    Exceptional technical and over all support

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the hardware, such as the motherboard or servers. We have had hardware faults in the past.

I have been using HPE Apollo for approximately 10 years.

The technical support from HPE has always been good in my experience.

I have used Dell solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Apollo an eight out of ten.