GajShield Next Generation Firewall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

GajShield Next Generation Firewall is the #32 ranked solution in best firewalls. PeerSpot users give GajShield Next Generation Firewall an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. GajShield Next Generation Firewall is most commonly compared to Sophos XG: GajShield Next Generation Firewall vs Sophos XG. GajShield Next Generation Firewall is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a energy/utilities company, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Firewalls Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is GajShield Next Generation Firewall?

Traditional firewalls commonly serve as the boundary between the Internet and an organization's network. They offer protection based on controlling specific protocols and ports, and restricting traffic to and from specific IP addresses. These days however, most attacks are web-based, easily passing through http (port 80) and https (port 443). Most firewalls are unable to identify malicious applications or traffic passing through these common ports. Next Generation firewall must evolve to effectively defend against these threats.

Customers get, complete and Proactive security with GajShield Next Generation Appliances. GajShield has inbuild default security policy to deny all out bound traffic from local LAN to the internet. It reacts quickly to attacks with intelligent packet filtering that sets policies and hardens customer network defenses dynamically. GajShield has inbuild default security policy to deny all out bound traffic from local LAN to the internet. In today's organization, application, employees, vendors, clients, and security threats fight for the same network resources. It has become difficult for small to medium enterprises to manage their infrastructure as they are unable to distinguish between good traffic v/s bad traffic. Threats or various productive applications have become smarter as they camouflage data transfer using standard internet ports. Current day security products have failed to distinguish and manage such malicious traffic.

GajShield Next Generation Firewall was previously known as GajShield NGFW.

GajShield Next Generation Firewall Customers
Zodiac Clothing
GajShield Next Generation Firewall Video

GajShield Next Generation Firewall Pricing Advice

What users are saying about GajShield Next Generation Firewall pricing:
  • "The price of the GajShield Next Generation Firewall is very attractive when compared to other solutions."
  • "GajShield Next Generation Firewall is reasonably priced."
  • GajShield Next Generation Firewall Reviews

AMBARISH PATKAR - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service & Products Head at Wahl India
    User-friendly settings, frequent updates, and responsive support
    • "The most valuable feature of the GajShield Next Generation Firewall is the user-friendly settings, dashboards, and anti-threat protection. Additionally, the solution upgrades frequently which is good because we receive new features."
    • "GajShield Next Generation Firewall could improve the flow of the settings. If somebody's using a Cisco firewall or any other brand and they want to use GajShield Next Generation Firewall the platform's UI is a bit different. If it was more similar to the others it would be better."

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be deployed on the cloud or on-premise.

We are using GajShield Next Generation Firewall for data leak prevention. We have a certain group of users who have restricted access and this is done with the solution. We are a 100 percent American subsidiary in India and our office is connected to the headquarters. We connect using the VPN through the firewall to the servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the GajShield Next Generation Firewall is the user-friendly settings, dashboards, and anti-threat protection. Additionally, the solution upgrades frequently which is good because we receive new features.

What needs improvement?

GajShield Next Generation Firewall could improve the flow of the settings. If somebody's using a Cisco firewall or any other brand and they want to use GajShield Next Generation Firewall the platform's UI is a bit different. If it was more similar to the others it would be better.

I have been using GajShield Next Generation Firewall for approximately four years.

Firewalls
    January 2023
    Find out what your peers are saying about GajShield, Sophos, Fortinet and others in Firewalls. Updated: January 2023.
    672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.

GajShield Next Generation Firewall is highly stable and reliable. I have not faced an issue in the last four years.

The scalability of the GajShield Next Generation Firewall is good, but it depends on what model I have. There are many different models available. If I need to have more users I can purchase a model that can handle more. A physical device would allow me to have more users.

We have approximately 150 users using this solution in my organization and out of the 150, 54 of them on sitting in the office.

If I create a ticket with the support they will answer within one hour. Their knowledge and response time is good.

I rate the support from GajShield Next Generation Firewall a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I have previously used Linksys and Cisco. The main difference between GajShield Next Generation Firewall and the other solutions is the UI. I find the user interface of Cisco the best, it is more user-friendly and intuitive.

The initial setup GajShield Next Generation Firewall was complex. The rule engine and all the setup were complex.

I rate the deployment of GajShield Next Generation Firewall a four out of five.

I did some of the implementations myself but in other parts I used assistance.

The price of the GajShield Next Generation Firewall is very attractive when compared to other solutions.

We are paying approximately $68,000 annually for 200 users. Everything is included in the license, such as DLP.

What other advice do I have?

We only need to reboot the system for maintenance, there is little maintenance required.

If people are looking for a good solution that is priced well this solution is best.

I rate GajShield Next Generation Firewall an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Network Engineer at Mansi cyber O-solutions
    Reliable, high-performing solution with excellent network DLP feature
    • "GajShield Next Generation Firewall's best feature is the network DLP."
    • "GajShield Next Generation Firewall would be improved with the addition of a load-balancing feature."

What is most valuable?

GajShield Next Generation Firewall's best feature is the network DLP.

What needs improvement?

GajShield Next Generation Firewall is very stable - its performance is good, and I haven't had any issues with slow hardware or firewalls hanging.

GajShield Next Generation Firewall is scalable.

GajShield's technical support is a little slow, but they do respond with steps to fix the problem.

The initial setup was complex as a result of the firewall policies - you need to write multiple policies to deploy connections for the internet.

GajShield Next Generation Firewall is reasonably priced. I pay 2.5 lakhs for a hundred-user firewall, including hardware.

What other advice do I have?

I would give GajShield Next Generation Firewall a rating of eight out of ten.

Download our free Firewalls Report and find out what your peers are saying about GajShield, Sophos, Fortinet, and more!
    Updated: January 2023