Exasol OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Exasol is the #17 ranked solution in top Relational Databases. PeerSpot users give Exasol an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Exasol is most commonly compared to SQL Server: Exasol vs SQL Server. Exasol is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Relational Databases Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2023

What is Exasol?

We’re redefining what it means to be an analytics database company. Put simply, our high-performance in-memory analytics database gives you the power to transform how your organization works with data, on-premises, in the cloud or both – and turn it into value faster, easier and more cost effectively than ever before. What makes our analytics database different? Unrivalled performance Unlock analytics as fast as you think – and get unrivalled performance, anywhere you have data. Our database does this at scale, by processing 100's of TBs of data within milliseconds. We’re ranked the world’s fastest by TPC-H, the industry benchmark for evaluating performance. And you’ll get this anywhere you have data – be in on the cloud, on-premise or as part of a hybrid http://approach.So, when speed to value is key for building a highly successful data environment, you’ll have everything to stay ahead of your competitors. Significantly reduced TCO An intelligent, self-tuning and resource-efficient database – giving you complete cost predictability for your cloud, on-premises or hybrid strategy. There’s minimum maintenance and our database works as part of our existing infrastructure. So, you’ll get the predictability, flexibility and control to significantly minimize your TCO over the long term. Unifying AI and BI Operationalize your AI, ML and BI teams – using any BI tool and data science language. Our architecture enables you to perform advanced analytical tasks on large volumes of data – right in the database. And we’ve made it easy to bring Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms and (BI) Business Intelligence directly to where you keep your data – so you can solve complex analytic challenges like predictive analytics with the minimum of fuss. Complete freedom to adapt and change With no platform, vendor or architecture lock-in. You’re free to adapt your data strategy to whatever you need. Our open integration framework is designed to give you the smartest and most extensible analytics database on the planet. Along with multi-platform and deployment support, our virtual schemas enable you to connect and analyse data from more sources than ever before – and the scalability options are limitless.

Exasol Customers
1&1 Internet SE 11880 Internet Services AG AB Svenska Spel Accarda AG Aera Technology Inc. AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG Apotheken-Rechen-Zentrum GmbH AQR Capital Management, LLC arvato distribution GmbH ARZ Allgemeines Rechenzentrum GmbH Badoo Limited Baur Versand (GmbH & Co. KG) BIScience Ltd Blocket Blue Yonder GmbH Codilink UK Ltd T/A Coniq crealytics GmbH dailyme TV GmbH Dailymotion S.A. Dataforce Verlagsgesellschaft für Business Information mbH Deutsche Postbank AG Digitales Rezept Zentrum GmbH DIKW Groep direct services Gütersloh GmbH DR Technologies Ltd. dress-for-less GmbH econda GmbH emetriq GmbH empiriecom GmbH & Co. KG Flaconi GmbH Fresenius Netcare GmbH Fyber GmbH GfK SE Grant Street Group, Inc. Gruner + Jahr GmbH Gymshark UK Hahn Air Lines GmbH Hermes Einrichtungs Service GmbH & Co. KG INNOVATIVE SCHEDULING, LLC internetstores GmbH INTERSPORT Deutschland eG IQVIA Commercial GmbH & Co. OHG IQVIA Commercial Sp. z o.o. IQVIA Incorporated iVantage Health Analytics K - Mail Order GmbH & Co. KG LIQ CORP SA Manor AG Basel Match2Lists Limited MEDION AG Midasplayer AB Monsoon Accessorize Limited m-pathy GmbH msales Ltd. MTG Modern Services AB MW Aviation GmbH & Co. KG Myntra Designs Pvt Ltd Netzeffekt GmbH New Company Services Ltd. NOVENTI HealthCare GmbH Olympus Europa SE & Co. KG Operation Fistula OpsDataStore OTTO (GmbH & Co KG) Panda Retail Co. PAPSTAR GmbH Piedmont Healthcare, Inc. Questback GmbH RatePAY GmbH Revolut Ltd. Saarland-Sporttoto GmbH Sagarmatha Ltd. SIA Damara Technologies Supermärkte Nord Vertriebs GmbH & Co. KG The National Research Center for College & University Admissions, Inc. United Utilities Water Ltd. Verlag C.H. Beck oHG Vocal Planet Ltd. Vodafone Group Services GmbH Webtrekk GmbH wer liefert was? GmbH Windeln.de SE Wooga GmbH XING SE Zalando SE
Exasol Video

Exasol Reviews

Data Architect at a hospitality company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A great tool and platform; self-tunes queries and works efficiently
  • "The solution is hands-off; you set it up insert your data and it self tunes queries."
  • "Lacks a cloud-based platform."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this product is as a data warehouse. I'm a data architect and we are customers of Exasol

What is most valuable?

This solution is extremely fast and very stable. I like that it's hands-off; you set it up and put your data on it and as long as it's structured, it self-tunes queries and doesn't require a database administrator. I think it's a great tool and a great platform.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see this solution as a full, cloud-based platform, where there's no hardware at all to worry about, virtual or otherwise. The price is quite expensive relative to other similar solutions, it could be more accessible in that sense.

The company has been using Exasol for about 5 years.

Relational Databases Tools
February 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about Exasol, Microsoft, Teradata and others in Relational Databases Tools. Updated: February 2023.
686,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is very stable, we pretty much just spun it and forgot about it.

With any on-premise solution, the limit on scalability is about the hardware. If it was a cloud-based solution, there would be better scalability. The scalability currently has some restrictions. If you go over a certain amount you'll require multiple nodes. We have a systems administrator who manages the solution for us but there's no real maintenance involved other than database updates.

I was able to speak with their sales team, deployment engineer, a database engineer, and they were all very knowledgeable and very helpful.

The deployment was pretty straightforward, it hooked right into our Azure environment and we were able to create it pretty quickly. Loading the data into it was very fast and very efficient. The deployment took a few hours and I had an Exasol engineer, who was very easy to work with, on the call with me. It was pretty much just point and click. There really wasn't much configuration to do so anyone should be able to do it.

We're currently using the community edition which is free. We were looking to go to the paid version, which provides more storage space, but as far as what the actual cost will be, we don't know yet.

What other advice do I have?

Exasol is a smaller company, so they want your business and are happy to provide service. I reached out to Exasol and Microsoft pretty much on the same day, and I'm already done with my Exasol proof of concept and Microsoft hasn't even started yet, which pretty much says it all.

Head Of Engineering Commercial Planning & Trading Data Platform at Zalando SE
User
Fast, reliable, and rock solid
  • "Its speed is great."
  • "It's not cloud-native so many maintenance operations require downtime."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is intended as the backend for our reporting solution MicroStrategy. It's also used for ad-hoc analysis or to fuel other tools with data as it's the only place where some of the data points are available within an acceptable SLO.

How has it helped my organization?

We used it to decouple ETL and reporting databases. The aggregation capabilities are super impressive, which helps for metrics that need to be calculated on the fly based on user-selected filters.

What is most valuable?

Its speed is great. It helps us allow users to connect insights defined in the MicroStrategy model and fire the query instead of just looking at cached dashboards.

What needs improvement?

It's not cloud-native so many maintenance operations require downtime.

It also doesn't like too many connections at once.

I've used the solution for eight or more years.

The stability is rock solid.

Scalability is within certain limitations, like the number of connections. It's not easy due to not being cloud-native.

I have not had contact with support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We have used Oracle. We moved to this solution as Oracle was no longer capable of handling intraday ETL and reporting at the same time based on the limited setup we had back then.

The deployment was provided by an internal team to us.

So far, the escalation to the vendor has always solved the issues at hand.

We're not charged for the costs. I'm not sure what the ROI would be.

This infra is provided by an internal team to us. I do not know the exact pricing.

I was not part of the selection process.

Hybrid Cloud