We primarily use the solution to analyze our logs.
Elastic Beats OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Log Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is Elastic Beats?
Beats is the platform for single-purpose data shippers. They install as lightweight agents and send data from hundreds or thousands of machines to Logstash or Elasticsearch.
Elastic Beats Customers
Elastic Beats Video
Archived Elastic Beats Reviews (more than two years old)
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
A robust solution with a whole spectrum of features that's extremely scalable
Pros and Cons
- "There's a whole spectrum of features on the solution that users can take advantage of. It's a very robust product."
- "The dashboard is not user-friendly. The solution, in general, isn't great from a user's perspective."
What is our primary use case?
What is most valuable?
There's a whole spectrum of features on the solution that users can take advantage of. It's a very robust product.
What needs improvement?
The dashboard is not user-friendly. The solution, in general, isn't great from a user's perspective.
You need to be well trained to handle the initial setup. They need to simplify this. Right now, you need a lot of training on the product.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
The solution is extremely scalable. The only limiting factor for some may be the cost. The more logs you retain in the software the more expensive it is.
How are customer service and support?
Technical support is good. We're satisfied with the level of support we receive.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We didn't previously use another solution. This was our first.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup and deployment are quite complex. Without formal training, it is not easy to set it up. We have not taken any formal training so we needed assistance.
What about the implementation team?
A service provider assisted with the initial setup. If we had the proper training we could have done it on our own. However, we didn't have it. Therefore, we took help from our service provider which assists us with this solution from time to time.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The solution itself is quite costly, and if you wanted to scale, you'd pay more. The more logs you retain, the more it costs. Right now, our organization is paying somewhere around $20-25,000 a year.
What other advice do I have?
We use the public cloud deployment model.
The solution is complex, but with the right training, you can really get a lot out of the product. It's very powerful. You're just limited by the knowledge. If you don't have it, you won't get as much out of the solution.
I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. The price is high if you aren't using the full potential of the product, so if you are considering implementing it, keep that in mind.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Download our free Log Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Elastic, Splunk, IBM, and more!
Updated: July 2022
Product CategoriesLog Management
- When evaluating Log Management tools and software, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- What's the best way to trial log management tools?
- What is the difference between log management and SIEM?
- Datadog vs ELK: which one is good in terms of performance, cost and efficiency?
- Which Windows event log monitoring tool do you recommend?
- Compare ELK Logstash and Graylog, which do you recommend?
- Splunk vs. Elastic Stack
- How can Cloudtrail logs be used effectively to improve log monitoring?
- Why hot data and cold data differences in SIEM solutions are not discussed sufficiently?