Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

D-Link Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

D-Link Wireless is #13 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give D-Link Wireless an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. D-Link Wireless is most commonly compared to Huawei Wireless: D-Link Wireless vs Huawei Wireless. D-Link Wireless is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 34% of all views.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is D-Link Wireless?
D-Link Wireless offers a wide range of robust wireless Access Points (APs) operating in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, supporting the latest wireless standards including 802.11ac and 802.11n. These access points can be managed independently as standalone devices, or collectively by using Central Wi-Fi Manager, a free centralized controller software that can be installed on a Windows server or PC.

D-Link Wireless was previously known as D-Link WLAN.

D-Link Wireless Customers
Metropolitan Public Defender, Mission Motorcycles
D-Link Wireless Video

Archived D-Link Wireless Reviews (more than two years old)

Sandeep Bhat - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Service Delivery at Agmatel
User-friendly, easy to set up and configure

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we use to provide services.

It is used as part of the infrastructure in a wireless environment.

What is most valuable?

This product is user-friendly and we can manage it as per the requirements of the user.

It is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

It would definitely help if we had more advanced features for distributing bandwidth.

We have been working with D-Link wireless switches and routers for more than seven years.

Wireless LAN
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Ubiquiti Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have encountered a few issues in terms of services. However, in the case of performance, we have not seen any instability.

This solution is most often used on small campuses.

We have dealt with their online support and our experience has been good.

We use networking devices from both Cisco and D-Link. We prefer to use Cisco products for large campuses or widely-spread organizations.

It is a simple, plug-and-play setup. It is a little more work if we have to put in restrictions and other settings, but overall, it is not complex.

What other advice do I have?

For small businesses, this is definitely a product that I recommend.

Jamiu Olatunji - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at Mainone Cable Company
Stable and easy to install but does not have social media enabled for hotspot capabilities
  • "The solution is extremely easy to install. You just add them and in a few clicks, they are ready to go."
  • "The solution doesn't have hotspots. Users can't set it up so that visitors can log in via Facebook or social media as they can at, for example, airports. D-Link should include hotspots that offer integration with social media. That way, visitors don't need to be asking people for passwords. They can just use Facebook."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for our customers, which include schools and special institutions.

In one instance, we handled a university that had multiple touchpoints and a central location broadcasting out. They now have small D-Link wireless access points in both 2.4GB and 5GB. The 5GB is like a backup. The university connects to the 5GB and uses the 2.4GB to advertise to the client. That's just one use case scenario.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We've had issues with the 150MG and 300MB dongles. Users will see there is Wi-Fi and connect. We have to use the D-Link card to supplement the wireless card. The 300MB works okay but the 150MB is not working well for us.

The solution should offer wireless controllers.

The solution needs to add centralized management that could be available on the cloud so that managers can manage it from anywhere in the world.

The solution doesn't have hotspots. Users can't set it up so that visitors can log in via Facebook or social media as they can at, for example, airports. D-Link should include hotspots that offer integration with social media. That way, visitors don't need to be asking people for passwords. They can just use Facebook.

I've been using the solution for seven to eight years at this point.

The solution is quite stable. Our clients haven't mentioned any bugs or glitches.

The solution is scalable.

We've never contacted technical support, so I can't speak to how they are.

The initial setup is super straightforward. It's truly just a few clicks and it's ready to go. Deployment, however, could involve switches or firewalls as well, so it usually takes two weeks because there are so many other moving parts. It's not related to D-Link per se, because the wireless is another segment of the network. However, if you are talking about general infrastructure, of which D-Link is a part, it's about two weeks.

There are sometimes three or four people involved in the implementation process.

The maintenance is always done by the clients. We deploy and then we are hands-off. We don't normally have a problem with support on D-Link. Customers don't normally complain about services or have issues.

We normally deploy the solution ourselves.

I'm not sure what sort of licenses our clients set up with the vendor. I'm not aware of any additional costs beyond the license itself.

What other advice do I have?

I don't personally use the solution, but I use it for my clients.

The solution is stable once you install it, however, I would advise companies to use a wireless controller like Cisco or Aruba once it is deployed. In terms of the deployment process, it's great.

I'd rate it seven out of ten.

Download our free Wireless LAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Ubiquiti Networks, and more!
Updated: September 2022