CompleteFTP OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Managed File Transfer (MFT) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is CompleteFTP?

CompleteFTP – the most customizable SFTP Server for Windows

Companies worldwide rely on the CompleteFTP family of products to securely transfer confidential files. From the entry-level free FTPS server, through the powerful mid-range SFTP server for Windows, to our state-of-the-art, enterprise-level Managed File Transfer server, the CompleteFTP family offers an edition for every application.

CompleteFTP is a proprietary FTP server for Windows by EnterpriseDT that supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SCP, HTTP and HTTPS.

CompleteFTP Customers

3 Italia SPA, TeliaSonera, IntelliTeK and many more

CompleteFTP Video

Archived CompleteFTP Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user375522 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, Information Systems/IT Manager/IT Specialist at a translation and localization position with 501-1,000 employees
There are a number of security options that allow you to use ciphers of your preference, as well as very high key length.

What is most valuable?

We primarily use this software for its SFTP file transferring capabilities. There are quite a few robust security options that allow you to use ciphers of your preference, as well as very high key length, etc.

The interface is pretty intuitive and setting up standard connection profiles is quite simple. These connection profiles allow you to map to a network SMB share or NFS mount point pretty easily.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows our users to securely access files on our central network really from anywhere in the world. We have seven international offices that all utilize this ability on a daily basis.

What needs improvement?

They have built a Dropbox-like interface for secure file sharing to external parties using their CompleteBox client and I'd like to see this feature set expanded and built upon further as having a secure internal-only Dropbox solution is very attractive to us.

Also, we would like the ability to whitelist IP addresses/networks so that those IP addresses are always allowed access and aren't put on the ban/abusers list.

We've used this software for over five years after a breach of our non-secured FTP solution that we were using previously. There have been regular updates and they are open to suggestions and feature requests for the product.

Managed File Transfer (MFT)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about EnterpriseDT, Broadcom, IBM and others in Managed File Transfer (MFT). Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There were no issues with the deployment.

Nothing really of note as the product as really worked pretty seamlessly. The only hassle that sometimes happens is that some of our international IP addresses get blacklisted sometimes and have to be removed from the blacklist.

There has been no issue scaling the product.

Never really had to interact with them much so not much I can add here except they caught when we were trying to renew our maintenance and paid for a full license vs. an upgrade and they immediately refunded our payment overage.

Never really had to interact with them much. They caught when we were trying to renew our maintenance and paid for a full license vs. an upgrade and they immediately refunded our over-payment.

We previously used a very old straight-FTP server with no security whatsoever and as we needed a Windows-based solution that provided both SFTP as well as FTPS options, this was a good fit for our needs.

It's pretty straightforward - just follow the installation prompts and then the GUI interface more or less explains the rest of the set-up. We didn't have to look at any documentation or anything to get it configured.

In-house team - it's really a straightforward product that doesn't really require any specific expertise. Any competent IT person should be able to get this product installed and configured without really much difficulty.

We've in total over the course of our over five years of usage paid out under $2000 in purchase/maintenance fees over that time. They also have an Enterprise feature set which we don't use (we use Professional) which includes using the software in multiple sites, clustering, custom file-systems, multi-protocol gateways, and custom authentication.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it's a solid secure file transferring server - SFTP/FTPS/SCP/HTTPS. Great product if you're looking for an easy-to-use Windows secure file transferring system that is fairly priced and well maintained

Download our free Managed File Transfer (MFT) Report and find out what your peers are saying about EnterpriseDT, Broadcom, IBM, and more!
Updated: November 2022
Product Categories
Managed File Transfer (MFT)