We performed a comparison between Informatica Axon and SAS Data Management based on real PeerSpot user reviews.
Find out in this report how the two Data Governance solutions compare in terms of features, pricing, service and support, easy of deployment, and ROI.
"The solution allows the complete governance process, starting from the data quality, those definitions, and it can get the data quality in the EDC."
"Axon does one interesting thing that I don't think other tools do as well. It lets you rate data and incorporates Informatica's data quality feature into it. There are little indications and graphics that show you how good the data quality is, and you can drill into it to see where potential issues lie."
"The feature of auto-onboarding of the assets, enterprise assets via EDC is good."
"The solution is stable."
"The features that I have found most valuable are, first of all, that it comes as part of this whole bundle of Informatica tools. So if you've been implementing Informatica MDM across a business, you'd often find it comes with it. It's been thrown in as a sweetener. The adoption of it is often the challenge because as part of your MDM project, governance is seen as something beyond the MDM and is often restrictive. So this tool actually, for the first time, when you talk to data governance teams, gives a holistic view of what a data governance team can do with this tool."
"The dictionary, the search, and the ratings are without a doubt the most beneficial components of this solution."
"Axon has a marketplace that allows you to showcase all the assets the data owner has, so they can request access. That's one feature we use extensively. Axon also offers great visibility and intuitive searchability, allowing you to easily search data assets. You can check the lineage and see the work EDC does. EDC handles all the classification, cataloging, and lineage. It's integrated with Axon, and anyone can see that."
"Its robustness is valuable. It is a full-fledged suite. We have a data warehouse model, and there are also a lot of data quality management tools. The repository and all other tools are there. So, it is a full package in terms of reporting tools."
"The product offers very good flexibility."
"The tool is reliable, quick, and powerful."
"In terms of which features I have found most valuable, I would say the importing and exporting features. Additionally, the data sorting, categorizing and summarizing features, especially how it can summarize based on categories. These are the key features."
"The technical support is excellent."
"The cloud version of Axon is far behind the on-prem, and many of my clients want to go fully to the cloud. However, Axon has to be an on-prem installation. I would like to see their cloud products catch up with their on-prem capabilities."
"Though EDC has maximum coverage, a few things were not available to scan, but I think EDC is evolving to address this issue."
"The main issue probably has nothing to do with end users, but installation can definitely be simplified."
"Right now, although they offer some templates, I would want more templates available to be imported."
"In terms of what could be improved, they need to create a rules repository. Business rules for the attributes that you have, keeping them in that central repository, and governance of them is something which Axon is lacking a bit. The Informatica Data Quality tool actually caters to that, so that's probably why they have not built that up in the Axon, but it is definitely something that can be built in to this product, as well."
"The solution still is a bit manual in its functionality. We want t to be more automation-driven."
"I would like to see more API integration to have the capability to build a report using other third party reporting tools to streamline the operation."
"One problem is accessing the data using a solution other than SAS. The SAS data, which we create in the SAS, cannot be accessed by other tools. We can't open those data in other applications. So we need to have that application in place."
"We implemented it a while ago, and we are trying to improve the data delivery performance. We are looking into how to get faster and automated reporting. We would need better designs and workflows."
"With SAS Data Management, you have to purchase an external driver, configure all of the tables for all of the data that you will extract from Salesforce. It's not a straightforward process."
"The solution could use better documentation."
"The solution is quite expensive and hard to install/configure."
What is Informatica Axon?
Informatica Axon is a data governance (DG) tool. Axon Data Governance is powerfully integrated with Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog to seamlessly deliver a robust collaborative data governance program to business and IT leaders. Business users can use this solution to easily create all of their key protocols, access all relevant data throughout the enterprise, and can see the quality of that data in real time. Users can characterize and discover data privacy and protection use cases, including compliance with such regulations as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Basel Committee of Banking Supervision (BSBS 239), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and more.
Informatica Axon Key Features
• Democratize Data Access: Users’ governance teams develop already approved lists of governed data and can make them available to certain groups, teams, or individuals in the Axon Data Marketplace. The end user has a friendly graphic dashboard that will display all grouped data as well as some context concerning the available data. The dashboard will show who owns the data and whether they are able to access the data, and if not, will display the reasons why access will not be granted. If access is approved, users can access it immediately.
• Analyze Data: Users have full transparency concerning the quality of their data and its fitness for the prescribed purpose. The integration of Axon Data Governance with Informatica Data Quality guarantees organizations are using trusted data. Additionally, users can capture cost and revenue to get a clear view of the effectiveness of the data governance program.
• Improve Success: The solution lets users minimize complexities and potential risks across the business enterprise. Organizations can transition to becoming more cost-effective by identifying duplication and eliminating waste, enabling the delivery of more efficient projects with a lower failure rate. Organizations are able to allocate resources elsewhere and achieve higher output and productivity.
Informatica Axon Key Benefits
• Improved Compliance: Users are easily able to report and prove consistent regulatory compliance standard adherence worldwide.
• Trusted Data: Axon Data Governance ensures users a single source of truth throughout the entire organization. Users can be assured that all integral data-driven ventures, such as regulatory compliance, appropriate analytics, and customer experience, are secure and that every result will end with the appropriate desired result.
• Streamline Processes: End users are able to access, find, and use data easily to immediately achieve the desired result without having to wait for hours and sometimes days or weeks for IT to approve access. Users can trust the data is accurate, trusted, and regulatory compliant.
Reviews from Real Users:
A Consulting Associate at a consultancy says, “Axon does one interesting thing that I don't think other tools do as well. It lets you rate data and incorporates Informatica's data quality feature into it. There are little indications and graphics that show you how good the data quality is, and you can drill into it to see where potential issues lie. Users can comment on the data, tag people, and ask questions or rate the data one to five based on their experience, which helps eliminate data silos. You have all your information right there, and it's easier for future users to know which data to draw from.”
A Data Architect at a retailer writes, “Everyone in the organization can view what is actually happening and what they could benefit from it. That's how collaborative data governance comes into the picture with Axon. It has got nice integrated quality dashboards as well.”
Every decision, every business move, every successful customer interaction - they all come down to high-quality, well-integrated data. If you don't have it, you don't win. SAS Data Management is an industry-leading solution built on a data quality platform that helps you improve, integrate and govern your data.
Informatica Axon is ranked 3rd in Data Governance with 7 reviews while SAS Data Management is ranked 5th in Data Governance with 5 reviews. Informatica Axon is rated 8.2, while SAS Data Management is rated 7.8. The top reviewer of Informatica Axon writes "Flexible, with good auto-onboarding, but needs better technical support services". On the other hand, the top reviewer of SAS Data Management writes "One-stop-shop solution for sorting, categorizing and summarizing your data". Informatica Axon is most compared with Collibra Governance, Microsoft Purview, Alation Data Catalog, BigID and OneTrust DataGovernance, whereas SAS Data Management is most compared with Informatica PowerCenter, Collibra Governance, Microsoft Purview, Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog and SAP Data Services. See our Informatica Axon vs. SAS Data Management report.
See our list of best Data Governance vendors.
We monitor all Data Governance reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.