Earn 20 points
FortiClient is a fabric agent that delivers endpoint protection, endpoint compliance, and secure access in a single, lightweight, lightweight client, providing visibility, information, and control to your endpoints. In addition, it enables secure, remote connectivity to the security fabric. It also integrates network and endpoint with segmentation and automation. FortiClient enables unified endpoint awareness by sharing endpoint telemetry with the security fabric. It is compatible with third-party EDR (endpoint detection and response and anti-malware solutions.
The FortiClient fabric agent can:
• Report on the status of a device, including firmware version and applications running.
• Send all suspicious files to a fabric sandbox.
• Enforce USB control, application control, URL filtering, and firmware upgrade policies.
• Provide application firewall service and malware protection.
• Enable devices to connect securely to the security fabric over either ZTNA tunnels or VPN (IPsec or SSL), both encrypted. The connection to the security fabric can be either a SASE service or a FortiGate next-generation firewall.
You can purchase FortiClient with one of three levels of capability:
Zero Trust security - The ZTNA edition enables both VPN and ZTNA encrypted tunnels, as well as USB device control and URL filtering.
Endpoint security - The EPP/APT edition adds AI-based NGAV (next-generation antivirus), application firewall, endpoint quarantine, and support for cloud sandbox.
Cloud-based endpoint security
Benefits and Features
• Fabric agent leverages integrations and provides telemetry information to the rest of the Fortinet security fabric.
• SAAS control and web/content filtering
• Dynamic access control helps with automation and simplifies compliance.
• Software inventory management enables visibility as well as management of licenses.
• Automated response detects and isolates any endpoints that may be compromised.
• ZTNA delivers better remote access and consistent application access policies
• Managed endpoint security services remotely assist with setup, configuration, deployment, vulnerability monitoring, and overall monitoring of endpoint security.
Reviews from Real Users:
IT Central Station users like that FortiClient is easy to use and integrates well with other solutions. They also appreciate the richness of its features and find it to be inexpensive in comparison to other products that require separate purchases for separate features.
MobileIron Tunnel gives users secure, instant access to business information on the go by providing secure network connectivity and dynamic access control on any device. With Tunnel, IT can provide zero-touch, app VPN connectivity to resources behind the corporate firewall so mobile employees can access the productivity apps and content they need without jumping through security hurdles to get there.
Fortinet FortiClient is ranked 1st in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN with 30 reviews while MobileIron Tunnel is ranked 30th in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Fortinet FortiClient is rated 8.4, while MobileIron Tunnel is rated 0.0. The top reviewer of Fortinet FortiClient writes "Provides good endpoint security at low price". On the other hand, Fortinet FortiClient is most compared with OpenVPN Access Server, Fortinet FortiEDR, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint and CrowdStrike Falcon, whereas MobileIron Tunnel is most compared with Zscaler Private Access, OpenVPN Access Server and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
See our list of best Enterprise Infrastructure VPN vendors.
We monitor all Enterprise Infrastructure VPN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.