IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CloudLock OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is CloudLock?
CloudLock helps companies protect their data in the cloud.
CloudLock Customers
Dominion Enterprises, Quality Distribution, Clark Construction Group LLC, Ahold, Middlesex Hospital, Austin Community College (ACC), Dominion Enterprises, The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Oakland Unified School District, Sunnova, Damballa, Financial Times, Boise State University
CloudLock Video

Archived CloudLock Reviews (more than two years old)

Technical Consultant at International Turnkey Systems - ITS
A stable, scalable solution that needs better integration capabilities

What is most valuable?

The cloud infrastructure is the solution's most valuable feature. It provides good security for our users and data.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to have better integration capabilities. I have a lot of customers asking about how they can integrate it better.

I've been doing implementations of the solution for three years.

The solution is very stable and reliable.
Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Skyhigh Security, Netskope and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is excellent from a scalability perspective, but I've never had to scale for any of my customers.

What other advice do I have?

I've implemented the solution for 17 customers. I also use it as a product myself. I would rate the solution seven out of ten.
Principal at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Data shared with external parties has been significantly controlled. This CASB solution eliminated unauthorized risk of accessing data in our organization.

What is most valuable?

It is a good CASB solution for protection of collaboration of content. The in-built features are apt to deal with SBU/ITAR data. These features allow configuration of data protection policies specific to the organization. Some of these data types are common across specific industries and have a common set of policies that have a short span of time to market. It also has features that allow protection not only at title level or classification level, but also at content level for various data types.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Like all CASB products, this product also needs to expand its capabilities and features in order to increase scope of application.

CloudLock’s security consists of eight core security services including content analysis, context analysis, user behavior monitoring, policy automation, central auditing, incident management, encryption management, and security analytics. We have been using it in Google App for work purposes. It depends on API-based, cloud-to-cloud integration. The API availability from CSP limits their option to integrate and scope for expansion, especially since the cloud service provider’s ecosystem has been growing very fast. I would recommend taking a different approach to integration which is similar to the SkyHigh or Splunk software.

I have used this product for about a year.

I have not encountered any issues with stability.

I have not encountered any issues with scalability.

The technical support team is quite good and responsive too.

It was simple to set-up the product.

We did consider Skyhigh.

What other advice do I have?

If the features are relevant to you, then go for it.

Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)
June 2022
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user531789 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Security Specialist at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
RegEx-based reporting on Google Drive data enables reporting on inappropriate or privileged data that should not be stored in Google.

What is most valuable?

We use the Application Discovery & Control feature. With Google’s G Suite, it is very easy for a user to give full control of their Google data to a third party. For example, when Pokémon Go was first released, it gave the vendor full access to do anything with a user’s Google account and to act as the user. In the wrong hands, this access is far worse than compromised passwords or any standard breach.

How has it helped my organization?

With RegEx-based reporting on Google Drive data, we can report any inappropriate or privileged data that should not be stored in Google.

What needs improvement?

The issues with CloudLock are mostly for Google to address. Google is all about trusting users, which is a nightmare for an administrator. It allows any user to intentionally or accidentally give a random third party full access to a Google account. As long as this issue exists, CloudLock or any other product is only a band-aid solution. It can only work reactively, and not stop the incident from occurring.

I have been using CloudLock for more than two years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability. CloudLock Fabric is based on AWS.

The technical support has been good to date with a very quick turnaround.

We did not use any other solutions before CloudLock.

Like all Google Marketplace apps, it is very simple to setup and get started. The most complex user experience is when you are creating RegEx based policies. The tool gives you a lot of ideas already built in.

PwC Global evaluated the market. I wasn't involved in evaluating other products. I have looked at BetterCloud; but at the time of purchase, BetterCloud was a startup.

What other advice do I have?

CloudLock is a great solution if you use multiple cloud systems like Google, Salesforce, AWS, and so on, because you can scan all systems with one tool.

Shared Information Security Officer at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

• Location proximity mapping
  • Data type inventory
  • Simple integration

How has it helped my organization?

It allows a window into who is sharing what types of data internally and externally. It allows us to know where sensitive data is really stored and offers the ability to quarantine based on data types and sharing criteria.

What needs improvement?

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical staff are excellent.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was simple.

Negotiate for the pricing model that fits your budget. The vendor is willing to customize pricing.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated BitGlass, CipherCloud and Skyhigh Networks.

What other advice do I have?

Take your time and have each vendor set up an actual proof of concept, rather than just relying on a demo. Get your network and support staff engaged in the process early on because they will be instrumental in deployment and support. Know what you’re trying to accomplish.

Download our free Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Skyhigh Security, Netskope, and more!
Updated: June 2022