Cloudflare DNS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cloudflare DNS is the #2 ranked solution in top Managed DNS tools. PeerSpot users give Cloudflare DNS an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. Cloudflare DNS is most commonly compared to Quad9: Cloudflare DNS vs Quad9. Cloudflare DNS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Managed DNS Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Cloudflare DNS?

Powering over 38% of managed DNS domains, Cloudflare runs one of the largest authoritative DNS networks in the world. With an average of a few milliseconds query speed, we have the fastest performance of any managed DNS provider. DNS updates happen within seconds, making DNS propagation delays a thing of the past.

Cloudflare DNS Customers

GoDaddy, Nasdaq, Zendesk, DigitalOcean, OK Cupid, Cisco, Udacity, LogMeIn, Library of Congress

Cloudflare DNS Video

Cloudflare DNS Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cloudflare DNS pricing:
"That is one of the great features. I was able to access the majority of the features and services for free."

Cloudflare DNS Reviews

System Analyst at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Offer good protection, user-friendly, reliable, and easy to manage
  • "Its most significant benefit to date is the speed with which it refreshes DNS records on the internet once you change it. If you are changing a website or registering a new record, it is very quick."
  • "I believe they currently have this feature, but there will most likely be integration with APIs so we can control some features through API."

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, when we published new websites or new services on our domain, we had to wait for the changes to be reflected on the internet before they took effect.

We have the same features with Cloudflare, but they are duplicated across the internet in minutes due to how quickly Cloudflare's technology works.

What is most valuable?

I find it simple to register your domains or create a new domain on Cloudflare.

Another advantage of Cloudflare's DNS hosting is the protection it provides. If you have the domain and DNS records on Cloudflare, you may also hide it behind its proxy so that it does not display its real IP address on the internet.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, they are all mostly positive. There will most likely be enhancements in the future.

I have all of the features I need here. The one feature that is paid is the custom nameservers instead of using the default ones, I want to use a custom one. Otherwise, I'm already pleased with most of the features.

I have been working with Cloudflare DNS for three years.

Cloudflare provides a cloud service for hosting DNS servers or DNS records.

Managed DNS
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudflare, Quad9 DNS, Google and others in Managed DNS. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Cloudflare DNS is definitely stable.

They have services all around the world, and they are always up and running.

I never had a DNS issue.

They also provide information on how many individuals visit your website.

I am the only one that manages the DNS Service so far.

Clients are often pleased since they no longer have to wait so long to launch new services when they are required.

I have never had to contact technical support or open a ticket because the servers are so reliable.

Very user-friendly. It is relatively simple to set up and operate due to its user interface.

It took less than a day to deploy, perhaps a few hours. It didn't even take an hour.

They provide more advanced services for a fee. I haven't even spent a single cent on it.

To use the service, any user must first register with Cloudflare.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Cloudflare. Our organization supplies DDoS solutions, but exclusively at Layer 4. Because of our partnership with Cloudflare, we can now provide DDoS protection to our clients on both Layer 4 and Layer 7.

If you don't want to spend too much time hosting your own DNS server or managing the domain, Cloudflare is a great way to rapidly get websites and services online.

The free solution includes protection, and email security, and is very simple to use.

It makes managing websites and publishing them on the internet much easier.

I would rate Cloudflare DNS a ten out of ten.

Other
Download our free Managed DNS Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cloudflare, Quad9 DNS, Google, and more!
Updated: November 2022