Citrix Secure Workspace Access OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Citrix Secure Workspace Access is the #5 ranked solution in top ZTNA tools. PeerSpot users give Citrix Secure Workspace Access an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Citrix Secure Workspace Access is most commonly compared to Appgate SDP: Citrix Secure Workspace Access vs Appgate SDP. Citrix Secure Workspace Access is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the ZTNA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is Citrix Secure Workspace Access?

Access control is a fundamental component of data security that dictates who’s allowed to access and use company information and resources. Through authentication and authorization, access control policies make sure users are who they say they are and that they have appropriate access to company data. Access control can also be applied to limit physical access to campuses, buildings, rooms, and data centers.

Citrix Secure Workspace Access was previously known as Citrix Access Control, Citrix Secure Internet Access.

Citrix Secure Workspace Access Customers
The Messenger
Citrix Secure Workspace Access Video

Citrix Secure Workspace Access Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Citrix Secure Workspace Access pricing:
"There are costs in addition to the standard licensing fees. They should provide better licensing options."

Citrix Secure Workspace Access Reviews

Information Systems Analyst II at State of Illinois
Makes it convenient to work from home, supports everything I need, and is easy to use
  • "It is easy and simple, and it has got an easy interface. It is not hard to learn. With just three clicks, you log in, and you're there."
  • "When we go to print, we have to go through secure print. The secure printing kind of takes a while. It is a little latent."

What is our primary use case?

I work from home, so I remote into the work server to do my job from home. I am using its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

When the COVID hit, it really helped us a lot. I work for the State of Illinois. We provide services and goods, and we had to get those out. So, it really helped us stay open during COVID and provide very important services and goods to the people of the State of Illinois.

What is most valuable?

The convenience of being able to work from home is most valuable. It is not really different from working in the office.

It is easy and simple, and it has got an easy interface. It is not hard to learn. With just three clicks, you log in, and you're there.

What needs improvement?

When everybody is trying to log in and work sometimes there is a little latency but not a whole lot. This latency also depends on the type of server you have, how may users are logging in and users' home connection (WIFI or Ethernet). If the weather is bad, sometimes, you can get disconnected. I log in every day and I don't usually have any issues unless it is really storming out and then it can be latent.

When we go to print, we have to go through secure print. The secure printing kind of takes a while. It is a little latent.

ZTNA
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Appgate, Unisys and others in ZTNA. Updated: January 2023.
672,411 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for over a year.

It seems very stable. We have not had many issues with it. In the beginning, we did have some issues because we were not used to having that many people log in from home. So, we had to upgrade our server a little bit. Getting the resource or the server for all the people coming in from home was the only issue that we had in the beginning.

It is pretty scalable. I have been working with it for over a year, and scalability is there.

We have over 40,000 users. They are half of the State of Illinois employees. Around 50% of employees are currently working from home. It is currently being used very extensively. It is being used by CIOs and all kinds of state employees.

I don't know if we have any plans to increase its usage. I'm not in that position to make that decision, but I do know that in the beginning, we only had 10,000 people using it, and then it went to 20,000. Currently, we have got over 40,000 people using it, so it may be the way of the future. People like working from home, and you don't have to pay for that gas to go in. The businesses don't have to pay for the electricity and the booth space for the people. So, it may be the way of the future.

I've never had any issues with it. We do have a Citrix group that keeps in contact with the vendor. We do get regular updates and things like that.

We tried some VPNs, but they just didn't work so well. For some reason, we were having issues bumping up against the users home Internet connections and VPN. It was a hit and miss for a lot of people depending on the provider they had. Therefore, we wanted to go with something across the board that pretty much everybody could use, and we did go with Citrix. There are some people who are still using VPN, but almost everybody who is working from home is using Citrix.

It was straightforward. They sent us some instructions in an email. We followed that email, downloaded the software, and opened up the software. It was done in three clicks, and then we had to log in.

It was done in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly suggest to at least try it. If you're a big corporation and you want a way for your people to be able to log in and get work done, try it, and give it a shot. It is a good product.

I would rate Citrix Secure Workspace Access a nine out of 10. It does pretty much what I needed to do, and it supports everything I need. Other than the secure printing and the latency on it, it is great.

IT Team Lead at a mining and metals company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides the same experience anywhere on any device, and we have not bought any desktops since its implementation
  • "Virtual desktops and virtual apps are most valuable."
  • "INGPU for engineering software is an area of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for INGPU AutoCAD and clerical work.

Its deployment is hybrid. It is deployed on a public Azure cloud and on-prem.

How has it helped my organization?

It provided us the same experience anywhere on any device.

What is most valuable?

Virtual desktops and virtual apps are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

INGPU for engineering software is an area of improvement.

There should be better licensing options.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is very good. We have about 1,200 users. They go from secretary to receptionist to engineer. 100% of the company is using it. We increase its usage every time we increase the number of employees.

We have had a very good experience with their support. There are no issues out there. I would rate them a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We used VMware Horizon before. Support and knowledge were the reasons for switching. VMware is spread so thin everywhere that they need 30 different experts in order to answer one simple question.

It is about average in terms of complexity. I would rate it a three out of five in terms of complexity.

Its implementation took about two weeks. The strategy was all out. So, basically, everybody started working on that.

It was implemented in-house. We have three people for deployment and maintenance.

We have not bought any desktops since we implemented the solution.

There are costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

They should provide better licensing options.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to be very careful when signing the contract and make sure that the license agreement has not changed since the negotiation.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.