CA Endevor Software Change Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

CA Endevor Software Change Manager is the #2 ranked solution in top Software Configuration Management tools. PeerSpot users give CA Endevor Software Change Manager an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. CA Endevor Software Change Manager is most commonly compared to BMC Compuware ISPW: CA Endevor Software Change Manager vs BMC Compuware ISPW. CA Endevor Software Change Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 80% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Software Configuration Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is CA Endevor Software Change Manager?
CA Endevor Software Change Manager (CA Endevor SCM) is the most widely used change management software for the mainframe environment. It can automate your entire development process, adapting to your specific business requirements and helping ensure consistency and complete control. Integration with IBM Rational Developer for System z can improve productivity, accelerate time-to-delivery and ensure the auditability of all programmer activities. Eclipse-ready, CA Endevor SCM helps shorten the learning curve for application developers. It provides your team with business-driven, customizable lifecycle paths and automated version control to protect your software assets and help maintain application integrity.

CA Endevor Software Change Manager was previously known as Endevor Software Change Manager, CA Software Change Manager for Mainframe, CA Endevor SCM.

CA Endevor Software Change Manager Customers
Blue Hill Data Services Inc.
CA Endevor Software Change Manager Video

CA Endevor Software Change Manager Reviews

Michael Burgun - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Advisory Consultant at BT Financial Group
The integrity of the system is valuable, but the setup is complex, and customer service is poor
  • "It provides secure, controlled access to source management."
  • "The customer service and support team are not helpful."

What is most valuable?

The integrity of the system is valuable. It provides secure, controlled access to source management and the typical check-in and check-out functions in a typical source management product.

What needs improvement?

The solution can improve its parallel development, unlike more distributed source management systems like GIT or PVCs. It is more oriented towards single control of the source.

We have been using this solution for approximately 30 years.

The solution is scalable.

Software Configuration Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, Micro Focus and others in Software Configuration Management. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The customer service and support team are not helpful and they're slow to respond. The quality is not good, and most people who developed the product don't work for them anymore. They've laid off most of their staff and tried to charge for everything on the support front. Our experience was very poor and they've almost doubled the price of the product.

The initial setup is highly complex. It requires a project to design the implementation of the software. It is not a straightforward default solution.

We are currently evaluating Micro Focus ChangeMan. Its features are comparable. They have support for modern distributed type processing and are supporting GIT web services, which are unavailable on CA Endevor Software Change Manager.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution five out of ten. The solution is good and can improve its parallel development. Interfaces to GIT, web services and integration with modern developer workbenches can be included in the next release. I advise people considering implementing this solution to look for an alternative solution if they do not have it already.

Analyst & Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Stable, easy to use, effective for source code management in a mainframe environment

What is our primary use case?

We used Endevor for our source code management tool. We also use it for coordinating our testing that includes unit tests and system tests.

We have an on-premises mainframe environment. All of our storage is local.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are stability and ease of use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have better integration with other products.

It's impossible to work in parallel mode with the source. For example, we have one check for many banks and you can't change the parallel source for different projects.

We have been using CA Endevor Software Change Manager for about 20 years.

This is a stable solution and I haven't had any problem using it.

We have approximately 300 users in the organization.

I do not have any experience with technical support. I have had no problems with it.

We will be finishing with Endevor this year.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that Endeavor is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Software Configuration Management
November 2022
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Programmer
Useful management tools, detailed information, and helpful support

What is our primary use case?

We use CA Endevor Software Change Manager in order to control the lifecycle of the applications for mainframes.

What is most valuable?

The management and information CA Endevor Software Change Manager provides is very useful

What needs improvement?

There should be better integration between CA Endevor Software Change Manager and Zowe.

I have been using CA Endevor Software Change Manager for approximately 20 years.

CA Endevor Software Change Manager is stable.

The technical support from CA Endevor Software Change Manager is helpful.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CA Endevor Software Change Manager a ten out of ten.

Download our free Software Configuration Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: November 2022