Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

BMC TrueSight Vulnerability Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Vulnerability Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is BMC TrueSight Vulnerability Management?

Helps security and IT operations teams prioritize and remediate risks based on potential impact to the business.

• Powerful dashboards highlight vulnerability data, performance trends, and SLA compliance for quick prioritization of remediation tasks
  • Streamlined workflows combine scan verification and remediation tasks, leveraging BladeLogic Server Automation and Microsoft SCCM systems management
  • Blindspot awareness enables you to identify areas of your infrastructure which are not being monitored, leaving you exposed
  • Rapid import lets you quickly consume vulnerability scanning reports with native integration to Qualys, Tenable, and Rapid 7
  • Data export enables deep analysis and custom reports to help meet audit requirements and fuel process improvements

BMC TrueSight Vulnerability Management was previously known as TrueSight Vulnerability Management, SecOps Response Service, BladeLogic Threat Director.

BMC TrueSight Vulnerability Management Customers

Online Business Systems

BMC TrueSight Vulnerability Management Video

Archived BMC TrueSight Vulnerability Management Reviews (more than two years old)

Information Security GRC Senior Consultant with 51-200 employees
Good features for infrastructure application; lacking in integrations with other software
  • "Takes reports from other vulnerabilities."
  • "No third-party applications or integrations with additional software solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We deal with server automation and end-point automation. Right now we're working with a very big client. We're partners with BMC and I'm an Information Security GRC Senior Consultant.

What is most valuable?

The solution is valuable because it takes reports from other vulnerabilities - scanners like Nessus, Rapid7 and Qualys. That's a major feature that I can apply to my infrastructure, send the reports back, and discover where action should be taken, which systems put in place, etc.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement in all products. With BMC I'd like to see the ability to  integrate with other software. For example, having a CMDB, access to Qualys, or because we've found something from BMC, to be able to work closely to find a solution. The idea would be that it's all updated from one point automatically. I'm looking for third-party applications and integrations with other software.

I've been using this solution for three months.

Vulnerability Management
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, Tenable Network Security, Qualys and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In general, all BMC products are stable. It was one of the reasons we chose to work with them.

In terms of scalability, I can only tell you my experience from our clients. I had Remedy installed. And then we installed Discovery. Two months ago, we installed Server Automation and we've now completed the installation with Vulnerability Management. And everything is inter-operational, it's all automated now. Our customers are happy.

We work closely with technical support. There is always room for improvement but in general I'm satisfied. It's not about the response time, they possibly lack the quality of support for the services they provide.

Initial setup is quite complicated so we use a consultant to assist. Deployment time depends on the company. For an experienced administrator with quite good knowledge of Linux, it can take a week but the more installations one does, the smoother the process. We usually have two engineers involved in deployment and we have administrators who work with the clients.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be that you should make sure you know the product you are using very well, and know your requirements. To know what is on your system and what you're looking for.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Download our free Vulnerability Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about BMC, Tenable Network Security, Qualys, and more!
Updated: September 2022