Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches is #7 ranked solution in top LAN Switching tools. PeerSpot users give Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches is most commonly compared to Cisco Catalyst Switches: Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches vs Cisco Catalyst Switches. Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the LAN Switching Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches?

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches was previously known as Alcatel Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches, OmniSwitch, OmniSwitch LAN Switches.

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Customers
Advocate Health Care, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Azienda Ospedaliera della Provincia di Lodi, Centre Hospitalier Carcassonne, Certis Cisco Security, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation Co. LTD, City of Frankfurt, Dongseo University
Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Video

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches pricing:
  • "The license is purchased one time only, it is a perpetual license with no renewal."
  • "The price is okay. It's comparable to similar switches."
  • Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Reviews

Kannan Venkatraman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sales manager at Dyarco Technology W.L.L
    Elements that are suited for the hospitality industry, easy to configure and has good technical support
    • "With Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches everything comes from one vendor. It operates very smoothly."
    • "I would like to see better third-party integration with third-party systems."

What is our primary use case?

We use, and provide these switches to our customers.

We use Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches in the hospitality industry, and we have hospitality clients. We used to sell to hospitality customers, who are SMBs, and enterprises.

We have been selling for eight or ten years, and the customer is satisfied, and the entire Qatar army project is powered by the Alcatel-Lucent network.

What is most valuable?

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches have elements that are suited for the hospitality industry. For example, they want a phone, switches, routers, and WiFi, all from one vendor. As a result, they can provide all solutions. They don't want to approach different vendors, for support, maintenance, or any other activities. From a single vendor, or they can view the entire IT solution from any office, at any infrastructure setup. If you go with any other third-party, you would have to rely on different vendors and setups for each manufacturer.

With Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches everything comes from one vendor. It operates very smoothly.

What needs improvement?

If the integration is not available, we look for a third-party solution.

I would like to see better third-party integration with third-party systems.

I have been working with Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches for 12 or 13 years.

LAN Switching
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in LAN Switching. Updated: September 2022.
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches are stable.

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches are scalable.

For example, if you go to telephone systems, depending on how many they want, you have to add licenses and access points. When it comes to the switches, it's the same thing. If they prefer switches, we can simply add them.

We have approximately 530 users. We have 12 engineers, and we have two project managers and one support manager.

We have no issues with scalability. They have 30 locations, with each using Alcatel-Lucent. They have approximately 40,000 users.

Hubs and telephones systems are made easy using Alcatel switches, otherwise, we could not use them for major projects.

We are very satisfied with the technical support.

We are using the Alcatel-Lucent system, as well as various products that are suited for small, medium, and large enterprise companies. It is based on what is required from the customer.

Everything is available; the only thing left to do is to explain to the customer what is required. I need to switch to the other brand because if something isn't available, we access what the customers are looking for, and then I can switch to the other brand.

The initial setup was simple, straightforward, and easy to configure.

If it is well planned, it is very simple.

The time it takes to deploy, varies from project to project. One switch will take half an hour. If you want to change a core switch, it is dependent on the configuration, what is required, and whether or not we need to meet with the customer. Each solution is unique, as is each country, in terms of determining how many hours it will take.

We must customize based on our understanding of the customer's requirements. We have no idea how long it will take you to configure. The IT customization solution is not the right approach. That's what I believe.

The license is purchased one time only, it is a perpetual license with no renewal. If they wish, they may purchase at the time of recruitment. For example, if they require 100-user telephones, they must purchase the 100-user license at the time of purchase. It is a one-time license purchase. Then, if they want, they can buy the license for the access points as well. It depends upon the number of users, but the license is a one-time purchase.

What other advice do I have?

We are business partners. We are only selling Alcatel.

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches a ten out of ten.

Technical Sales Representative at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
    Easy-to-use switches that get the job done

What is our primary use case?

These are our core switches; we use them for networking.

Within our organization, there are roughly 30 people using these switches. All maintenance is handled by two staff members.

What is most valuable?

These OmniSwitches are very manageable and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

I have been using Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches for a couple of years.

These switches are both very stable and scalable.

We haven't had any negative experience with technical support.

Alcatel has a website that you can log onto and ask questions if you're experiencing any issues.

The initial installation was very straightforward. Standard configuration only takes roughly 40 minutes.

You can do it yourself but you'll need some networking knowledge.

The price is okay. It's comparable to similar switches.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine. If they lowered the price, I would give them a ten.