IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless is #22 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless an average rating of 5.0 out of 10. ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless is most commonly compared to Ruckus Wireless: ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless vs Ruckus Wireless. ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless?
ADTRAN wireless solutions are allowing businesses to streamline and improve operational efficiencies, speed network deployment, expand customer service offerings, and increase flexibility for employees.

ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless was previously known as Adtran WLAN, Bluesocket Wireless.

ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless Customers
Thomas College, North Cobb Christian School, Archbishop Riordan High School, Dickson Public Schools, Hamilton Heights School Corporation, North Idaho College
ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless Video

Archived ADTRAN Bluesocket Wireless Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user184710 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager - Data Engineering at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
AP performance could be improved but it has allowed our SMB team to provide an easy wireless solution

What is most valuable?

Options of Private or Public Cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed our SMB team to provide an easy wireless solution.

What needs improvement?

AP performance.

Two years, very lightly though.

Wireless LAN
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ADTRAN, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: July 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered,

No issues encountered,

Moderate.

Moderate.

No previous solution used.

It was simple to set-up.

We used a vendor called Adtran Aces

Yes we also looked at Cisco and Merak.

What other advice do I have?

Aces program is nice for simple pass through SMB solutions.

it_user172782 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
The entire system can be managed through a few VMs. Additional features other vendors have might be useful.

What is most valuable?

Being able to centralize the wireless environment using virtual machines and having all AP management in the same place (our data centers). This is very big because now we don't have to manage multiple devices out in the field. Costs also go down because now you don't have to worry about maintenance on those controllers.

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of having 100 controllers scattered around through the organization, the entire system can be managed through a few VMs at a centralized location.

What needs improvement?

Additional features other vendors have might be useful as well as an MDM integration.

5+ years

No, deployment was very simple to additional sites once the main system (VM) is up and running.

No issues were encountered on my end.

I believe as we kept adding more and more locations to the system, we began to “outgrow” the recommended resources, but since management is VM based, resources (memory, CPUs) were easily bumped up. New recommendations on their end appear to also have changed according to our experience.

Excellent. The customer service teams are very responsive and don't mind dropping by the office for meetings if needed.

Engineers who assisted us with the setup and the various random questions we threw at them for various scenarios over the years were very attentive and knowledgeable.

No previous solution used

The initial set-up was fairly straightforward because of the instructions provided. We also had assistance from support engineers as well with best practice suggestions.

In-house engineer took care of the work with vendor suggestions, but mostly in-house.

What other advice do I have?

To support scalability, ensure the product is used with a VM solution so resources can easily be added if needed.

Hello,
It seems as if you have set up your University well, its always good to see the benefits provided by a solution once you have completed a project. It sounds like less maintenance for you and your team and more time to focus on new projects or existing issues. Do you have any projects this year in particular that you are looking to accomplish?
Ex) Security, Back-Up, Authentication, Storage

Wireless LAN
July 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user176094 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager of Wireless Engineering with 51-200 employees
MSP
The routing and switching are the backbone/staple of this build but the AP160 is dated

Valuable Features:

The 3448 and the 1531P both serve the basic purpose of our customers’ needs and meet the price point. - 9/10

The AP160 is dated and not yet integrated into the Bluesocket family and we can't run a good Bluesocket cloud solution with the router 3448 - 6/10

The routing and switching are the backbone/staple of this build.

Improvements to My Organization:

Adtran 3448, Adtran 1531P, and Adtran 160 AP are deployed for a customer in their retail clothing environment. These devices constitute the network infrastructure on each retail site location and support IP cameras, Mobile POS on iPads, As well as people counters and traditional POS registers

Room for Improvement:

Bluesocket integration with router and AP160.

Use of Solution:

About 2 years now.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Adtran Partner