Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ADP Streamline OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ADP Streamline?

ADP Streamline provides a simple, consistent set of processes and tools for managing your multi-country payroll and human resources administration. You benefit from ADP's knowledge of local requirements and access to local resources. By using an outsourced service model you can focus on running your company as efficiently as possible, right from your headquarters. ADP Streamline also connects with ADP GlobalView for a complete global Human Capital Management solution.

ADP Streamline Customers

Lenovo, ConvaTec, Syngenta, Brady Corporation, Covidien, TomTom

ADP Streamline Video

Archived ADP Streamline Reviews (more than two years old)

Payroll Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
View, monitor, and control each country's payroll, though some countries are not available
  • "They are very strong in terms of having a central regional system. A regional person can see and monitor the calendar for each different country."
  • "They could improve the service relationship manager (SRM), because they have an SRM which is not familiar with Simple."

What is our primary use case?

They are our payroll outsource provider, because we had to have an outsource provider to facilitate the processing for us.

We use it regionally in most countries, except for Ghana and Cambodia.

How has it helped my organization?

They are very strong in terms of having a central regional system. A regional person can see and monitor the calendar for each different country. They can know what stage they are in, or if the process been finalized and approved. They can also see if the process has gone back to the bank. This can all be monitored regionally.

What is most valuable?

Regionally, we are able to view, monitor, and control each country's payroll. Since in different countries, we have different ADP local vendors to ensure legality and compliance in the country.

What needs improvement?

We have a product now called Global Call Connect (GCC). This connects directly into Workday. Before they did not have direct integration to Workday. I hope to see soon that every country will have this product connect to Workday.

There are countries that we are still not in, such as Cambodia. This means they are out of our regional eyes and GCC is not implemented there yet.

Also, they could improve the service relationship manager (SRM), because they have an SRM which is not familiar with Simple.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ADP, Oracle, Personal & Informatik and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable. We have been running payroll since 2016, and we have not lost any data so far.

The scalability needs some improvement. We have additional entities and additional things that we require. All these require charges, which means that we need to pay for them. I would like that there would be a way for us to test all the additions without having to pay for everything.

ADP Streamline is for medium-sized companies, not small nor large companies.

We previously used Corpay. We did not continue because they didn't have the central region solution to monitor all calendars. They were cheaper, but they do not have as much experience as ADP. Also, while Corpay was pretty good during the time that we used them, they charged for each new hire and each person who resigned. As a growing company, this makes for a very high cost.

In some countries, we had local products, which were not being regionally monitored. So, we wanted to have a centralized payroll solution, which required us to search for one that could handle a centralized payroll solution. This is how we found ADP.

We needed to have visibility into all the countries' payroll, because we were growing very fast (still are). We had more entities coming in, and it would have been unmanageable if we did not have control regionally.

The amount we pay is not low, and it is not high. It is average.

What other advice do I have?

The product is not quite up to our expectations. It is better when you can see every country that you have regionally in the vendor system.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Stability
  • Support: It is crucial to support 24/7.
  • Good SLAs, as payroll is a very crucial in a company, or else your employees won't get paid.
it_user769635 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager, Global Payroll at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
​The ability to have one reporting for all countries is valuable

What is most valuable?

The ability to have one reporting for all countries is valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

The product streamlines (no pun intended) the way we submit data, using Flexiform. As well, most reports we receive back from the in country providers are the same format.

What needs improvement?

The reporting tool could be improved as it currently is just a data dump and much manipulation is required. The reporting could be more flexible and robust. Providing a translation for the reports that are in native language would also be very helpful.

Two years.

No issues.

No issues.

I have not had much opportunity to deal with technical support.

No, we did not have a previous solution.

I was not involved in the setup.

I was not involved in the pricing.

I was not involved in evaluating other products.

What other advice do I have?

Know what you need and communicate that effectively to the vendor. As well, be prepared to fully test any product prior to implementation.

September 2022
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user622959 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Payroll Analyst at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Offers a secure platform to provide and retrieve payroll reports.

What is most valuable?

All the features are valuable. I was using a PPC tool. With the version change, the SPM is much better.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us with a better and more secure way of sending employee’s data. It is a common platform to provide and retrieve the payroll reports. As the payroll reports have employee salary details that we cannot send or receive through regular e-mail, the SPM tool provides a secure method to do so.

What needs improvement?

There should be a shortcut icon that shows that there are pending tasks. We could then login and take action accordingly. This feature was available with the PPC tool.

I have been using this product for four years.

It is working smoothly up until the present time.

Support is good. The Streamline tool is self-explanatory and provides so many features that technical support is rarely required.

We have been using ADP Streamline since 2012.

The setup was straightforward as the proper communications and training was provided.

The pricing is high as compared with other products in the market. For a small service that is out of scope, it has a huge service charge.

We didn’t look at alternatives as ADP was providing all the solutions across the globe. ADP has a monopoly of their payroll services that is still lacking in other products.

What other advice do I have?

The product is good, user-friendly, and effective.

it_user308724 - PeerSpot reviewer
Hris Global Payroll Project Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aggregates and manages payrolls from one location with a common SLA and KPIs.

What is most valuable?

Potential integration via cloud connect is the biggest valuable feature, but Streamline has not been as successful as GlobalView in this area.

I also think that the ability to aggregate and manage many payrolls from one location with a common SLA and KPIs is an advantage.

How has it helped my organization?

The product allows you to create and manage shared services centrally even in small countries. It has helped to consolidate processes regardless of the fact that you have different payroll systems.

What needs improvement?

Integration could be improved. You would hope that the cloud connect would work equally as well for GlobalView and Streamline.

Also, project management is currently only specific to the country and not specific to ADP culture and process.

I have used this for almost five years via implementation. I do not run payrolls. I am responsible for global strategy and implementation.

I did not encounter any deployment issues.

I encountered stability issues. We had to scrap plans to integrate Brazil because it was not doable. After we scrapped this, ADP pulled Streamline integration from Brazil to rethink strategy. Again, the payroll system is specific to the country, so I'm not sure what I can write. I would say that Streamline integration needs to be more robust and scalable.

We encountered scalability issues. See other sections.

Technical support is doing a better job since they consolidated all support into Barcelona regardless if it is Streamline or GlobalView. This helps. They are also spending money in this area. They need a global contract and need to stay out of the local country support.

We used to use a different solution. We had different reasons for switching; some based on legacy vendor balance sheet, others made as a first step of shared service consolidation in small countries.

There were integration issues depending on the country but broadly, initial setup was fairly easy.

I would advise others to sign a global contract, then for all added countries just a Statement of Work (SOW) . Also, when you have a global contract, they won’t tell you but you can consolidate limits of liability. Each country ADP sells has a liability limit of two times the revenue. By pooling all countries, the liability is much larger and it better protects your organization.

Too many dependencies: We really should have built a matrix to answer these questions. That is what our strategy is. Based on those answers, you could decide on the solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Understand what you want to accomplish, what the business drivers are, and why you are doing this.

Download our free Benefits Administration Report and find out what your peers are saying about ADP, Oracle, Personal & Informatik, and more!
Updated: September 2022