IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Acronis Disaster Recovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Acronis Disaster Recovery is #17 ranked solution in top Disaster Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give Acronis Disaster Recovery an average rating of 8 out of 10. Acronis Disaster Recovery is most commonly compared to StorageCraft ShadowProtect: Acronis Disaster Recovery vs StorageCraft ShadowProtect. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Acronis Disaster Recovery?

Acronis Disaster Recovery Service is a hybrid cloud, all-in-one, IT continuity solution that protects and restores your data and servers in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. Leveraging the power of the Acronis AnyData Engine, Acronis Disaster Recovery Service can reliably recover your servers or entire data centers without the need for you to invest in duplicate systems or additional staff.

Acronis Disaster Recovery Service can reliably recover your servers or entire data centers without the need for your organization to invest in duplicate systems or additional staff. Providing flexible recovery time objective (RTO) options, Acronis Disaster Recovery Service combines the high performance and shortest recovery time of a local appliance with the low cost, predictability, and accessibility of a virtual private cloud.

Acronis Disaster Recovery was previously known as Acronis DRaaS.

Download the Disaster Recovery (DR) Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2022

Acronis Disaster Recovery Customers

Bristows LLP, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP

Acronis Disaster Recovery Video

Acronis Disaster Recovery Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Acronis Disaster Recovery pricing:
  • "This pricing is quite reasonable."
  • "The price of the solution is inexpensive."
  • Acronis Disaster Recovery Reviews

Sandeep Pathak - PeerSpot reviewer
    PreSales Engineer at WebWerks Data Center India
    Reseller
    Reasonably-priced, easy to use, and scales to all requirements
    • "The backup and recovery options work flawlessly."
    • "In the future, I would like to see cross-platform support."

What is our primary use case?

In my previous company, we used Acronis to provide an on-cloud backup solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The backup and recovery options work flawlessly.

The solution is very easy to use, with a single-click recovery.

The customer is able to scale up to any extent that they require.

The gateway option allows people to take backups from the AWS and Google cloud platforms.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see cross-platform support.

You should be able to better manage the cost involved in transferring data when there are cross-platform activities.

I have been working with Acronis Disaster Recovery for about one year.

This product is very much stable.

The scalability and availability aspects are good. This product is highly scalable, and in my previous company, we had it installed in two to three different remote locations.

We sold more than 500 licenses and each of our clients had a minimum of 40 or 50 users. There were a couple of enterprise clients with more than 200 users. In total, between all of our clients, I would say that there were more than 6,000 users.

The technical support is absolutely good.

We did use other solutions prior to working with Acronis, although they were open-source. We switched because we had to consider support, scalability, availability, and other things.

The setup is very easy. As far as the end-user is concerned, it is just a matter of getting the client installed remotely. Overall, it is not complex, and it takes perhaps 15 or 20 minutes to install.

This pricing is quite reasonable.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing Acronis.

What other advice do I have?

In previous versions, Acronis did not support taking backups from AWS or Google Cloud. However, this option has been added and they are now able to integrate with them.

This is a good product and I feel confident recommending it to any of my customers. I would suggest that people considering it go ahead and implement it. if there are any concerns then a PoC should be able to answer them.

Other
    Director, Information Technology at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    At rest encryption, priced well, and easy setup
    • "One key feature is it encrypts your data at rest which is really good."
    • "The documentation can be improved, this would have helped."

What is most valuable?

One key feature is it encrypts your data at rest which is really good.

What needs improvement?

The documentation can be improved, this would have helped. There are certain things that we misconfigured. If we had a clearer understanding of how the backup worked, it would have been a better backup policy.

I have used the solution for one year.

The solution has been stable so far and It took a while to set up. It is stable when you are backing up locally but becomes less stable when backing up to the cloud. We were having communications with the web but once we went to a local backup and sent it off to the cloud, it was more stable.

It is a scalable solution. However, you will be paying a lot more for the license if you want to increase the scalability.

The solution is fairly easy to setup. It can be more complicated if you want to do a local backup and then have that backup go to the cloud. You have to do the backup local because we had to once recover a server and recovering a server from web-based applications is not good. It just took too long, you should have a local way of recovery because something can get corrupted.

The price of the solution is inexpensive. Considering it is an enterprise type of backup. It is not an outrageous price.

What other advice do I have?

It is good practice to have local backups even when you have them on the cloud. This was important when it became time to recovery our data. You will want the backup locally if you want to expedite the recovery of a large data configuration.

I rate Acronis Disaster Recovery an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Disaster Recovery (DR) Software
    April 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Acronis, datto, StorageCraft and others in Disaster Recovery (DR) Software. Updated: April 2022.
    595,546 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Rishan-Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
    Channel Manager (Engineer) at Dataguard MEA
    MSP
    Acronis can be treated as a backup, imaging, and archiving solution

What is our primary use case?

Backup and Disaster Recovery . Trying to achieve business continuity opportunity and it was well done. We removed some Disaster Recovery , Archiving Solutions from portfolio in order to provide class solution using Acronis.

How has it helped my organization?

Acronis can be treated as a backup, imaging, and archiving solution. After we acquire Acronis we moved some Disaster Recovery offerings from our portfolio.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the imaging capability which allows the user to find a cost effective DR solution.

What needs improvement?

Acronis needs to implement some kind of Real Time Backup or continuous backup feature.

If Acronis can launch a Real Time Backup/Byte level replication with Instant Recovery (High Availability), it can compete with any High End DR solution available in the market.

We had issues with stability during the initial stages. Now, the product seems to be perfect.

Scalability improved a lot from version 10.

I would give technical support a rating a seven out of 10. The second level support team is very good.

As a user or company, we found Acronis is beneficial in terms of support, product, and scalability. We used Symantec Backup Exec before.

It’s a straightforward implementation. You just need to configure what to backup and where to backup.

Pricing is a bit costly when we compared it with similar solutions and its brand value. But that’s fine when we consider the long-term.

We evaluated Symantec, Veeam, and ArcServe.

What other advice do I have?

Just follow the installation guide and review the pre-requisites properly.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We started as a customer and we start selling recently.