Windward Hub OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Windward Hub?

Hub is our newest product, comprised of two components: Designer and Hub Platform. Hub allows you to design stunning templates and output data-rich documents. You just need to signup once for our document automation solution to enjoy easy template management, scheduling future reports, and generate documents on-demand.

Windward Hub Customers
South Sound 911, Emtec

Windward Hub Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Windward Hub pricing:
"I think it's very cost-competitive. However, I would like to see some additional licensing tiers for more enterprise-level organizations that have higher output limits, even if that cost a premium."

Windward Hub Reviews

Vice President, Technology Solutions at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
A user-friendly document automation solution that seamlessly connects to various data sources
  • "What we find most valuable would probably be the ability to connect to various data sources and utilize different data-source objects like store procedures and views. I also like the ability to build relationships between multiple data sources and populate documents automatically."
  • "Some of the administrative functions in the Hub could be better. The administrative function is the aspect of account management, invoicing management, billing management. It is not related to the tool itself but the ability to buy and manage the tool."

What is our primary use case?

We use Windward locally to build templates. We also use the tool internally to build the templates, and then those templates get published to their cloud solution. We automate internal document creation. We have several Word documents that we would like to create, and in the context of the document, it is pretty consistent every time we create it.

There are many variables inside the document changes, and those variables live inside a database. We are able to query the database to look for those specific data points based on the report parameters that we pass in. We can automate the creation of different documents based on the data that we can pass in.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves us a lot of manual effort having to copy and paste different data points and update documents manually. We can just pull those data points from a database, which saves us a lot of time.

We can take what probably would have been a two or three-hour manual task and automate it to something more realistic, like a 15-30 minute task. It's a big time-saving item for us. We are probably saving somewhere around 60-70% of the time it takes to generate these documents.

What is most valuable?

This enables us to utilize disparate datasets in our organization without performing a lot of rework or a lot of massaging of that data prior to it being consumed by the Windward tool, and it allows us to keep the data in a more natural state.

Windward Hub is user-friendly. The piece that I've gotten so far has been this plugin that goes into Word, and it allows you to retain some of the native functionality of Microsoft Word. Most people are very comfortable with it, and their web interface is simple. It's easy to navigate. I think it probably will continue to evolve as they evolve their products. It's very intuitive to navigate.

We do have conditional content, where we show or hide different text fields or different images or different items based on parameters that we would pass in during runtime.

What needs improvement?

The purchasing, the administration, the renewal processes could be better. Being able to have visibility into how much you use would be helpful because you buy an allotment of output. Let's say their tool allows you to output a thousand pages a month. Having visibility into how much of that you have used and how much is remaining can be improved.

They have a very robust error-handling logic feature; not errors with their tool per se, but when you're building out templates, you can do conditional things that cause errors. They have a very good reporting feature for that, but they could improve that by showing some additional data points.

Scalability could also be better. They could offer more tiers that are suitable for larger organizations.

I have been using Windward Hub for about three months.

Windward Hub appears to be a stable solution, and it's done what I needed it to do.

Scalability could be better. I think they have two or three models. They have the standard implementation that is about a thousand pages per month. Everything they do is pages-per-month related, and then they have a secondary version, Pro or Platinum, that's 5,000 pages per month. I'd like to see something that maybe even has a higher limit of pages per month so that bigger organizations could take advantage of their tool.

Two of us work with this solution, and we are responsible for these documents that we are automating. We support our commercial operations team, and we also create commercial content.

We do have plans to increase usage. We are using this tool for one of our commercial team's core outputs, and I believe we will expand this to other areas of the business once we understand and learn more about the tool.

I think their support is really good. They make themselves available and are quick to respond. They are quick to offer the ability to join a web meeting where we can share content together.

Before using Windward Hub, we used to copy and paste manually.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

I was able to implement this solution without any assistance. I installed Windward Hub just by reading the documentation and onscreen prompts.

It took about 15 minutes at most to deploy this solution. The real investment of time comes when you start building the template. Once you have the tool installed, you still have to build out your templates, but that's very specific to the organization. If you have a complex document template that you're trying to replicate, then it's just going to take more time than a simple one.

We started with a purchase trial, something we were willing to pay for. We were evolving our strategy as we used the tool, and there wasn't necessarily a plan upfront. Once we got the tool installed, we started building out templates. It evolved naturally from a trial to full implementation. There wasn't any need to plan upfront.

We are still pretty new to this tool, but we are confident that it will reduce our costs, and in our case, that would be just time.

I think it's very cost-competitive. However, I would like to see some additional licensing tiers for more enterprise-level organizations that have higher output limits, even if that costs a premium.

We did look at two or three other solutions. They had their own limitations because of the number of data points that we have in our environment. They could not scale to the number of data points we have for the specific solution we were trying to automate.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would tell potential users to give Windward Hub a try. The licensing model that Windward has allows you to be very flexible. You can do a month-to-month type thing, and it is really a low-risk trial if you think of it from that perspective.

You could sign up for a month or two and utilize the tool. When you sign up for one month, you get that support, and that support is really great because they are very consultative as well. I'd recommend anyone to look at trying a one-month trial. It is not overly expensive and allows you to really try the tool in its full sense without a long-term commitment.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Windward Hub an eight.