Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus is #14 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. PeerSpot users give WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 41% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus?

Keeping your network free of malware is more challenging than ever before as an increasing number of new and ever-changing threats are emerging each day. Ensure your network and devices remain free of malware with WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus. It uses advanced, multi-layered threat detection engines to identify and block malware at the network gateway. Using industry-leading, high-performance scanning of traffic on all major protocols, WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus provides real-time protection against known viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, and rogueware.

WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus Customers
Star Cargo
WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus Video

WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus Reviews

IT at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Moderately priced and likely works better outside of China, but lacks great performance
  • "The pricing of the solution is okay. It's not the most expensive option."
  • "It doesn't offer the best protection and it's incompatible with a lot of China's websites. It makes a lot of mistakes when it is detecting items as it's not recognizing items correctly."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect our hardware.

What is most valuable?

The pricing of the solution is okay. It's not the most expensive option.

This product may do well outside of the Chinese market.

What needs improvement?

This isn't very popular in China. It doesn't offer the best protection and it's incompatible with a lot of China's websites. It makes a lot of mistakes when it is detecting items as it's not recognizing items correctly.

It has the functional WebBlocker and the server is not local. Sometimes the performance is bad we'll get pop-ups saying "the server is not available". I'm not sure if users outside of China have such an issue, or if it's just due to the fact that we have a unique web experience in the country. The solution just doesn't fit well here.

The performance could be a bit better.

I've been working with the solution for almost ten years. We have three generations of WatchGuard under our belt.

Anti-Malware Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, ESET, Broadcom and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've had issues with unstable network connections. It's hard to say if this was caused by a bug or an internal issue. It seems to depend on the network environment if it is stable or not. There just seems to be some limitations.

The scalability seems to have some limitations. We've had issues with performance, and that might affect scalability. I'm not sure.

IN China, the company doesn't really have any presence and so there isn't really technical support we can connect with. There is only an agent that is present, and they haven't been too helpful in the past.

I don't recall how the initial setup was. I can't recall if it was difficult or straightforward.

The pricing is likely similar to Cisco's Firewall. It's not the cheapest option. It has a moderate price tag.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure if I would recommend the product. My experiences are based on what we've seen in terms of response to our network environment. Maybe other companies have a good international network and maybe they would have not this issue. It's hard to say. In any case, we've had issues.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. Maybe they shouldn't be in the Chinese market.