Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Vidyo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Vidyo?
Delivers higher-quality experiences and greater deployment flexibility - all at a lower cost - over converged IP networks.

Vidyo was previously known as VidyoConferencing.

Vidyo Customers
Mercy, Ricoh, Rubbermaid, Philips, Hitachi Inspire, Vedder Price, Carnegie Mellon University, 2Internet, Arizona State University, Ontario Telemedicine Network, GAP
Vidyo Video

Archived Vidyo Reviews (more than two years old)

SrEngineer672 - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Affordable Video conferencing - both for deployment as well as telecommunication requirements. Has room to improve.

What is most valuable?

Affordable Video conferencing - both for deployment side of things as well as telecommunication requirements (does not require a high end Internet connection to function).

How has it helped my organization?

3 common examples:

• Client has a number of key remote sites and now instead of sending staff between those sites, a lot more work can be done using the video conferencing solution
  • Client deals with a number of external contacts/vendors and now can effectively meet with them without the need to travel
  • Client is a mobile based workforce and can now interact visually while on the road

What needs improvement?

• As a partner, I don't have direct access to Vidyo support document resourses. I have to go via a Vendor.
  • Also the screen sharing functionality could be improved.

18 months

Virtual Meetings
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Vidyo, Verizon, Lifesize and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

No, deployment of the system is very easy. Maybe the only challenge is translating the firewall requirements.

None encountered.

I haven't deployed a large scale deployment. In theory its very possible.

Excellent

I can't comment as I have to go via a Vendor so the tech support is not a one-to-one experience.

No previous solution used.

The only complexity is upgrading to the latest anchor release. Generally speaking if the unit is new there are minimal upgrades as they come pre-installed on the anchor version of the software.

Vendor and they know the product

I think for the companies with remote offices, they will experience a serious saving on travel costs. For companies with remote workforce, they will experience a increase in teamwork effectiveness.

There is licensing cost and there is maintenance cost. Both compared to buying more servers are negligible.

What other advice do I have?

If you are setting up a meeting room, research and read up on lighting requirements. Vidyo have some good general guides in the VidyoRoom Admin documentations but if you are talking to resellers of the product they should know about this and doing this as a value add.

Senior Project Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
Certainly one of the best enterprise video conferencing products if you insist on not using cloud-based solutions

What is most valuable?

Video quality in lossy networks

3+ Years

I've used MS Lync, Cisco, Polycom, Huawei, LifeSize, RadVision/Avaya, Fuze, Zoom, Blue Jeans, GoToMeeting, WebEx and a few more...

What other advice do I have?

There is no reason not to use cloud-based solutions these days (such as Zoom, Fuze, GoToMeeting or even Lync/Office365). Their total cost of ownership and total cost of replacement is an order of magnitude lower and they typically provide just as good (or better) security and privacy controls.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company, Better Collaboration, is a vendor-agnostic consulting firm. We evaluate all vendors and recommend the best solutions for each of our clients, based on their unique needs and use cases. I also used to work for Vidyo.
Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about Vidyo, Verizon, Lifesize, and more!
Updated: September 2022