IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Symantec Cyber Security Services OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Symantec Cyber Security Services is #4 ranked solution in top Managed Security Services tools. PeerSpot users give Symantec Cyber Security Services an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Symantec Cyber Security Services is most commonly compared to BlueVoyant Managed Security Services: Symantec Cyber Security Services vs BlueVoyant Managed Security Services. Symantec Cyber Security Services is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Symantec Cyber Security Services?

Technology alone may not stop advanced threats. You need security experts on hand to interpret and prioritize the critical events that need action. Your designated and highly specialized, in-region security analysts are available 24x7 to act as an extension of your team, continuously monitoring and hunting for advanced threats. Our analysts are some of the best-trained security experts in the world and they leverage state of the art technologies and global threat intelligence to minimize the business impact of cyber attacks. Detect, assess, and respond to attacks faster with Symantec Cyber Security Services.

Symantec Cyber Security Services Customers

BayWa, Carrington Holding Company, Citizens Business Bank, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, FBL Financial, Molina Healthcare Inc., Pgi, Sealed Air, TSO cloud

Symantec Cyber Security Services Video

Symantec Cyber Security Services Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Symantec Cyber Security Services pricing:
"Currently, we are paying about $3,000-$4,000 yearly. I don't believe there are costs above the standard licensing fee."

Symantec Cyber Security Services Reviews

Science Technician at a government with 201-500 employees
Easy to use with a good user interface and excellent management capabilities
  • "The solution is very easy to use. It's not very complicated."
  • "The solution needs to improve its reporting functionality. That's lacking right now. They need to change the layout or make it more functional."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product to maximize the filtration of my server. I use it for controlling the traffic, specifically internal traffic. We manage our users and are able to block users from accessing the internet if necessary. We mainly use the solution as a firewall.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. It's not very complicated.

It's easy to control our users and to block users from accessing the internet, for example.

I'm able to easily manage my internet's bandwidth.

The firewall is fantastic. It's one of the most valuable aspects of the solution.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

The solution has good integration capabilities.

There's the opportunity to do a seminar with the company, in order for users to help better understand the solution.

The user interface is quite good. Everything is easy to find.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its reporting functionality. That's lacking right now. They need to change the layout or make it more functional. I would like to make reports according to groups. Right now, I can't do this.

The pricing is quite high and could be reduced.

I've been using the solution for five or six years at this point. It's been a long time.

The stability is good. It's even better than it used to be, as we'd initiated a lot of new rules.

The solution is scalable. A company can expand if they need to. There's a lot of integration capabilities as well that make it easy.

We have about 400 users on the solution currently.

I'm not sure if we'll increase usage in the future. We're actually considering changing solutions.

Technical support is quite good. We find them knowledgeable and responsive. We're satisfied with the assistance that they provide.

We're currently looking at another solution that is not as expensive. I sometimes do use Calico Control. I find the software on the solution is better than Symantec.

The initial setup was not complex. It's very straightforward. Even configuring the servers is very easy when you are implementing the solution for the first time.

The deployment is quick. It's doesn't take too long. We had about 11 staff members that handled the deployment.

We didn't hire a consultant or integrator. We handled the solution's implementation ourselves. It's fairly easy. We didn't need help.

This solution is expensive. We're looking for a more reasonably priced product currently, as we can't afford the yearly licensing fee.

I don't have much experience with other solutions and their ability to handle firewall management. However, many can do email, management of devices, and threat management as well.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the solution.

We've been using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.