IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

RSA SecurID Access OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

RSA SecurID Access is #8 ranked solution in top Authentication Systems. PeerSpot users give RSA SecurID Access an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. RSA SecurID Access is most commonly compared to Microsoft Authenticator: RSA SecurID Access vs Microsoft Authenticator. RSA SecurID Access is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is RSA SecurID Access?

The RSA SecurID Suite combines the separate disciplines of access management and authentication with identity governance and user lifecycle management into one comprehensive suite. It goes way beyond the capabilities of traditional identity and access management systems by using risk analytics to provide identity and access assurance. This helps organizations solve two fundamental challenges:

• Verifying that their users are who they say they are.
  • Providing their users with the right level of access.

RSA SecurID Access was previously known as RSA Access Manager.

RSA SecurID Access Customers

Milliman, Geisinger Health System, Advanced Micro Devices

RSA SecurID Access Video

Archived RSA SecurID Access Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Administrator at Atos
MSP
It simplifies the login and authorization process for our websites with high-load traffic.

What is most valuable?

Single SignON

How has it helped my organization?

With the SSO RSA technology, we simplify the login and authorization process for dozens of web sites with high load traffic.

This helped us to secure our web sites and be able to allow authorization only to the users that have pass for all the authorization process flow.

Sr IT specialist with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's easy to setup but it needs to do reporting better.

What is most valuable?

• SSO
  • Contextual authorization

How has it helped my organization?

• More security
  • Easy management of user accounts

What needs improvement?

• Logging
  • Reporting

I've used it for 15 years.

8/10.

7/10.

No previous solution was used.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented it in-house.

We didn't evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

It's easy to setup and reliable.

Authentication Systems
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about RSA, Microsoft, Ping Identity and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: July 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user187404 - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Access Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Single Sign On ​needs work but the weblink is valuable

What is most valuable?

Locking down websites at different levels and by different criteria.

How has it helped my organization?

In house applications access via weblink can be locked down to specific groups or criteria.

What needs improvement?

Single Sign On

Three years.

Never engaged them.

Never engaged them.

No - we are currently migrating to CA Site Minder due to RSA not having a viable SSO solution at this time.

What other advice do I have?

Keep support contract up to date.

it_user183084 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant with 51-200 employees
Deployment is smooth if the prerequisites are met but log-in and log-out need improvement

Valuable Features

• Encryption
  • Random key generation and making it available for the user on the fly without any knowledge of the user regarding the keys.

Improvements to My Organization

Basically this works best and comes very handy where there is a large number of keys required on a scheduled (Hourly, Daily, Weekly or Monthly etc) basis.

Room for Improvement

Log-in with the credentials and log-out. After logging out, if the back button of the browser is clicked then it was taking users into the platform without asking for any credentials. Sometimes the URL needs to be altered for log-in.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for almost two years. This is not as an end user but as a Consultant and worked in implementing and migrating the products various versions.

Deployment is smooth if the prerequisites are met completely. Please check the version compatibility.

It was really stable during my use.

As I mentioned earlier, it was scalable as well.

I would really rate the technical support as 4 (in a scale of 1-10). My interaction with the technical support was never good. Case registering is a complex activity and support responds very late and takes a lot of time to resolve small issues.

Initial setup was straightforward in terms of number of steps and activities to be completed. Most important thing is to make sure the prerequisites are met.

Implementation Team

We implemented this with our in-house team as we planned well for the implementation.

Other Advice

Go ahead and implement.

Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about RSA, Microsoft, Ping Identity, and more!
Updated: July 2022