IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Panorama Necto OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the BI (Business Intelligence) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Panorama Necto?
Panorama Necto is advancing Business Intelligence 3.0 to the next level, bringing together the very best of Enterprise BI with Visual Data Discovery, providing enterprises with new ways to collaborate and create unique contextual connections.

Panorama Necto was previously known as Panorama Necto.

Panorama Necto Customers
Neopharm
Panorama Necto Video

Archived Panorama Necto Reviews (more than two years old)

Aditya Singh - PeerSpot reviewer
Programmer Analyst at Tech Services Company
The infographics feature is unique to Necto. However, they need better tutorials and community support.

What is most valuable?

The best feature I liked is the infographics which is great and it's best unique feature. It helps developers use existing infographics from the library or they can create their own and present to end users.

How has it helped my organization?

It's quite easy to create reports in Necto using the infographics feature. Collaboration helps to share ideas with others which helps to make decisions faster.

What needs improvement?

Good community support for users and tutorials for beginners.

Several months

BI (Business Intelligence) Tools
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Panorama Software, Microsoft, Tableau and others in BI (Business Intelligence) Tools. Updated: August 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We use several BI solutions and recently evaluated Panorama Necto.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to others as it provided ease of use and good reports.

Senior Executive at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
The major strengths of this product are social business intelligence, insights, and intuitive self-service. Language support other than English is needed.

What is most valuable?

The major strengths of this product are social business intelligence, insights and intuitive self-service.It is extremly beneficial for self-service data discovery. The customer service is good with online videos interesting and easy to understand. It's self-service mode is useful for many applications to work together.

How has it helped my organization?

I am a new user to this tool but still can say it is easy to use also it has exceptional error handling capability which is a new feature as compared to other tools.

What needs improvement?

1) Improvement needed for big size BI application.

2) Language support other than English needed.

less than a year.

No Issues.

It is stable till now.

It is scalable too.

N/A

I have implemented it through a vendor team and I would rate them as 7.

worth for money

BI (Business Intelligence) Tools
August 2022
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
This tool is extremely beneficial for self-service data discovery. It should support Mac, Linux and other blackberry devices as well.

Valuable Features

The eye-catching infographic features enhance the visual appeal. This tool is extremely beneficial for self-service data discovery. It is very easy to use with relatively good performance. Good remainder mechanism to bound people to act and respond on any highlighted issue on time and with authority.

Improvements to My Organization

I am new to this tool but can say one thing that this is a nice tool for those who love data.

Room for Improvement

1) It should support Mac, Linux and other blackberry devices as well.

2) Dashboard should be somewhat easy to use.

Use of Solution

less than 1 year.

No issues.

It is a stable solution.

6/10

7/10

Implementation Team

Through a vendor team. I would rate them 6/10.

Value for money.

Senior Software Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Best BI tool visually rich and user friendly.

Valuable Features

Effective data presentation, tracking performance interactively, dynamic update of changes, collaborative working environment and mobile BI app.

Improvements to My Organization

Mobile BI app in very helpful. Very effective data presentation and collaborative environment.

Room for Improvement

Compatibility with Mac OS and Blackberry platforms. Multi language support.

Use of Solution

Less than a year

Did not encounter any issues so far.

No stability issues.

Good technical support.

Sales manager at a construction company

Valuable Features

Our company migrated to Panorama Necto from another tool. This solution is very easy to use and offers a huge variety of features. It helps us reach our customers and our vendors, supports different graphics templates and implements interactive analytics tools. Also it has very effective tools to connect with your colleagues which is one of the best I have ever seen.

This infographic solution spawns amazing obvious sales reports and you can check many aspects of work of your sales team. Another positive points are the cloud service and capability to connect many sources in one task, so I can quickly create sales report from different teams and send it to different departments, even from my tablet.

And last but not at least, the Panorama team created very informative online help and video tutorials, so you can realize features of the product very fast.

Improvements to My Organization

With Necto we have significantly reduced TCO of our CRM and have improved our communications. Also we can provide data mining and sales analysis in different forms to different departments with a quick reflection of the changes.

Room for Improvement

Panorama doesn't have big community support and many issues we refer to the technicians. This isn`t great, especially with the lack of time. Also they do not support a Linux version and we have some problems with this.

Use of Solution

A little less than a year.

Yes, with Linux.

8/10

7/10

ROI

3-5 years

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Panorama has very comfortable price terms.

Other Advice

I recommend Necto to companies that need an effective and inexpensive sales\data analysis solution.

Sr. Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's easy to use for ad hoc reports and more meaningful dashboards.

Valuable Features:

• More meaningful charts like Pareto chart, boxplot, range, point.
  • Awesome performance compared to the other BI tools in the class.
  • Very intuitive and interactive analytics.
  • Admin part is very user friendly, and creating users and groups is a bit easy task.
  • More than visuals, data presentation is super while other tools have few limitations here.
  • When you pull in data, hierarchies are created automatically.
  • It's a scalable and self-service tool.
  • Performance is so good when connected to multiple data sources, the in-memory works better.

Improvements to My Organization:

• Easy to use for ad hoc reports and more meaningful dashboards.
  • Compared to other tools pricing is less.
  • Forecasting technique helps much.

Room for Improvement:

• Scheduling and publishing is a bit complex task.
  • Not much online training available and also very limited support on big data and analytics side.
  • Also there is not much forum support for the tool.
Senior Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
You can generate well-illustrated, data-intensive reports using its infographic feature.

Valuable Features:

I like its infographic feature and social ribbon the most. On one side, you can generate well-illustrated, data-intensive reports using its infographic feature, and on other side, you can get all stakeholders on board to address any concern/issue with specific report.

By using the reminder mechanism, you can bind people to act and respond on any highlighted issue on time and with authority.

Improvements to My Organization:

I have recently started working on this tool. Being a novice to the analytic field, I feel quite comfortable with this tool even during my beginner sessions. I'd say that this tool requires less training to start off with as compared to other similar tools available in market.

Room for Improvement:

• No Outlook or Lotus support.
  • No support for languages other than English.

Deployment Issues:

I had no issues with deployment.

It's a stable solution.

It's scaled for us.

Senior Software Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Business users can effectively present data and track performance very interactively while changes are being updated dynamically.

Valuable Features:

While working on Business Intelligence and searching for newly available tool, I came across Panorama Necto. This is the first business tool I have seen with a scope for personalization and while providing a great visual infographic experience and which is user friendly.

There is also the provision for collaborative working where users can share, discuss, and edit on a single platform.

Some helpful features like realtime notifications, public or private comments, maps and location-based services are also made available.

The mobile BI app takes this tool to the next level.

Improvements to My Organization:

With this tool business users can effectively present data and track performance very interactively while changes are being updated dynamically.

Room for Improvement:

• This is not compatible with Mac OS and Blackberry.
  • No multi-language support.
  • Limited reporting customization abilities.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no deployment issues.

It's been stable.

Scalability Issues:

We've been able to scale with it.

Business Intelligence Specialist at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It provides management with a clear, concise, one source of truth and progress of business in one snapshot, but it should allow support for multiple languages as we have South American offices.

Valuable Features:

We are a small IT company that was looking for a BI tool in order to eliminate the usage of Excel as the reporting tool in our organization. For a company having business users and decision makers in different time zones and different offices, Necto provided a great solution.

The Social collaboration built in Necto helped with interactions among business users while viewing a single work board. The work boards are collaborative, dynamic and suggestive. The recommendation engine is the most interesting piece as it suggests relevant work boards based on a user's usage.

The work boards are a great way to provide the management a clear, concise, one source of truth and progress of business in one snapshot. The drill down capabilities allow the business users to analyze and gain insights. It lets business users spend more time on analyzing data rather than collecting and creating reports.

The feature to find people and chat with the concerned user right from the report window adds a great value and reduces the pain of emails going back and forth among users.

Cause and effect is a nice feature to have in order to do a first level of analysis. The ability to find exceptions and provide various insights is a great feature to have.

Getting the business users trained and getting on board was easy as the interface is intuitive and easy to learn and manage.

Room for Improvement:

Necto should allow support of multiple languages as this has been the major issue we have came across as we have offices in various South American countries.

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

No issues with stability.

No issues scaling.

Senior Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We've been able to off-load the task of reports/charts/dashboards demanded by our business managers, but there is very limited documentation available for it.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature I found with this tool is that it advises current trends of workboards after analyzing your data. It gives us tons of defined workboards/ charts to play around with.

Improvements to My Organization

I am part of an IT team that maintains a full-fledged data warehouse and supports our business users, particularly business managers. Previously we used to provide them reports/charts/dashboards that they demanded.

But with this tool, we have succeeded to off-load this job from our shoulders. The easy-to-use user interface empowered the business managers to visualize the data on their own.

Room for Improvement

• There is very limited documentation available for this tool.
  • No support for languages other than English.

Use of Solution

3 months

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Definitely a cost effective option as it comes at half that price of other leading products in the BI domain.

Other Advice

I would strongly recommend this tool to those who possess data but do not know how to proceed with it, i.e. what type of charts/dashboards they should generate to visualize data more effectively.

You just give your data to this tool, and then it will give you concise views of the insights that you and other stakeholders are interested in.

Database Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The tool can automate the process of analyzing information and provides a self-service data discovery that automates much of the data analysis process, but there are limitations for big data analysis.

Valuable Features:

It is an easy infographic design app that requires very little effort to produce interactive dashboards in ways that make sense to the enterprise.

Panorama Necto is a collaborative business intelligence tool. The most valuable and relevant data is shared within the organization to improve decision-making across the board.

The tool can automate the process of analyzing information and provides a self-service data discovery that automates much of the data analysis process.

Improvements to My Organization:

Panorama Necto helped us to develop beautiful and high-quality info graphics reports for top management. This Business Intelligence tool helps us find the right information source to fuel critical insight.

Room for Improvement:

There are limitations for big data analysis. The team is trying to find ways to collect and analyze how marketing activity affects consumer decisions. Also, the dashboards looks a little bit complicated at first look.

QA Engineer at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
With a click, you can import data from multiple sources and build visualizations, although it doesn't support a Linux environment.

Valuable Features:

1. Auto-generated dashboards feature

2. Easy to used and highly customized info-graphics options.

3. Tool is user-friendly.

4. Error notification feature is useful.

5. Handy collaborating feature to initiate discussions with relevant users.

Improvements to My Organization:

I highly recommend this tool for any business that wishes for quicker and qualitative analysis of their data. I used Panorama Necto for a regional sales dashboard and I confirm that it is one of the best data discovery BI tools I have ever used. What I extremely appreciate is that the tool is easy to use -- with a simple click, you can import data from multiple sources and build visualizations.

This tool is hosted over the web and you can connect to any industry-standard back-end packages that we know.

Room for Improvement:

1. Limited support for big data analytics.

2. No support for a Linux environment.

Deployment Issues:

We had no issues with deployment.

It's been stable.

No issues here.

BI Analyst with 10,001+ employees
It's allowed us to collaborate on self-service BI data, but they should improve community support.

Valuable Features:

It is impressive how easy it is to use this tool. A good example is when you want to share your dashboard with someone, you just find the person and give the permission.

This tool exceeded my expectations! I have never seen before a reporting/Business Intelligence tool with so many innovative resources, like interactions with other person, share reports, save notifications, send e-mails.... It has all of these functions that are easy to use and you don't need to get out of it.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's allowed us to collaborate on self-service BI data.

Room for Improvement:

Improve the community support. Solving this, they also solve the problem with too many gadgets in the dashboard. They have too many options in the graphs and when I asked the support to help me with that, they did not respond. I did not find any forums to help me with the options. I also encountered some duplicated videos on the website after that.

Use of Solution:

I used a week to test and compared it with other reporting tools.

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deployment.

It's been stable.

Software Test Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Displaying the data on dashboard from Excel is made simple by just 2 clicks, but online tutorials are not available.

What is most valuable?

Data discovery and transferring the data from Excel to dashboard with just 2 clicks are astonishing. Notification for KPIs is also very good. The self-service feature is cool in creating customized charts and reports.

How has it helped my organization?

Displaying the data on dashboard from Excel is a hectic task which involves lots of operations to be performed. This is made simple by just 2 clicks. It analyzes the data, converts them, and puts them on the dashboard.

What needs improvement?

Online tutorials on this are not available. This should be done or documentation can be improved.

4.5/5

We switched because of its cool feature in moving the data from Excel to dashboard with ease.

Yes, the initial setup is very simple and straightforward.

Panorama Necto is made available to the users at a very affordable price compared to that of other BI tools.

What other advice do I have?

Very good tool for the ones who are looking for ease of use and rich data visualization.

Associate Finance Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's become quite simple in presenting data on the dashboard, but I feel scheduling is not that simple.

What is most valuable?

• I like implementing it to send reports through email.
  • The data discovery feature is very good and appealing. It is very easy to use. The generation of dashboards from various sources is excellent.

How has it helped my organization?

We access data from various sources. Collecting them, modifying them, and loading them altogether seems to be challenge. Now, it's become quite simple in presenting data on the dashboard. Categories of graphs make it more presentable.

What needs improvement?

I feel scheduling is not that simple. Also, publishing takes considerable effort.

4/5

4/5

The previous tool we used doesn't support the kind of graphs that we require.

The initial setup is very straight forward and the documentation made it easy to work on.

We can get this licensed product at a very reasonable price that no BI tool will be available for.

What other advice do I have?

If your data sources are many and ETL consumes a lot of your time, go for Panorama Necto. With its automation, your work becomes simple.

Programmer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We never faced a performance-based issue with databases once we started working with it, but it would be very effective if interfaces and dashboards support large volumes of data.

What is most valuable?

The Exception Handling feature that identifies the errors and highlights them to the user is a unique feature that cannot be found in any of the BI tools other than Panorama Necto.

The collaboration, automation, graphs, performance make it the best of its kind.

How has it helped my organization?

Performance would be an issue when dealing with databases. We never faced a performance-based issue once we started working with Panorama Necto.

The reports made out of its rich infographics were impressive.

Installation and set up is very easy. There is a customer care team who are very precise at dealing with things that would help us out if needed.

What needs improvement?

It becomes a big deal if the data to be handled is very large. It would be very effective if the interfaces and dashboards support large volumes of data.

I've used it for one year.

5/5

4.5/5

Yes, it is quite straightforward. Even though there are some issues, there is a team who guides us.

I feel it the best BI tool you could ever get for the price offered. Don't miss a chance. Just go and grab it.

What other advice do I have?

Considering all aspects of price or features or comfort working with it, it is the best. Take a chance and try it. It's worth it.

Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
In our organization, we use a lot of charts and this solution has various kinds that serve our purposes. However, the dashboard is a bit clumsy.

Valuable Features

There are many features to be mentioned -- collaboration, high infographics, high memory performance, excellent geo analytics, supports various kinds of charts charts that are not available in other tools.

Improvements to My Organization

In our organization, we use a lot of charts so we have work on different tools for different kind of charts. Various kinds of charts that serve our purposes are made available by this tool.

Room for Improvement

I think the dashboard is not that catchy for the first time. Looks a bit clumsy. I think there could be some kinds of demo videos available.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

4.5/5

I feel the initial setup is simple to get done.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The cost is very affordable for one to purchase.

Other Solutions Considered

Our company evaluated various tools of this sort and finally decided to work with this.

Other Advice

I recommend this for users who want to possess an excellent tool with lots of features and within budget. Highly recommended for start-up companies and small companies.

Software Test Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
For data discovery, it actually minimized the dependency on IT, but I don't think it would support data analytics if the data set is really very big.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features for us include the infographics that can be created by the user for visualizing the data trends. Also, we like the ease of integration from multiple data sources.

It's very flexible and almost meets any of your needs.

Improvements to My Organization

For data discovery, it actually minimized the dependency on IT.

Room for Improvement

I don't think it would support data analytics if the data set is really very big. If this is improved, it would reduce the user catch-up for other advanced tools in this field.

Use of Solution

1 year

nope

I would rate it 5 for 5 because they are very quick and accurate about what should be done for the issue that's occurred.

The technical support is also very good. I would give it 4.5/5.

The initial setup is pretty simple and if I needed, we can get support. It is very straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The licensed version is very cost effective. The cost is really very low when compared to its competitive products.

Other Advice

Definitely, it is a very good tool to use or BI people. Try it once.

IT Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The data analysis feature and other analytic tools helped us drill down to the root cause of a problem and helped us find a solution, but it should support operating systems other than Windows.

What is most valuable?

Necto 15 as a BI tool is outstanding. It has many features which would make life easier for people in an organization that had to deal with large volumes of data. As a real user of Necto, the following are the few features which I liked most:

1. Simple and easy to use.
  2. Automatic analysis and recommendations to generate basis dashboard from raw data, i.e. the Self-Service feature.
  3. Enhanced data visualization with a wide range of tools and features.
  4. In-cell info-graphics for better data visualization.
  5. Workboard sharing with other users.
  6. Inline comment features to highlight a specific issue in a workboard.
  7. Automatic recommendation of similar already generated dashboards for better data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

There are couple of occasions in the recent past where Necto 15 has really saved our day. There was one such occasion when we were unable to find the cause of a decline in sales for a particular item, whereby Necto 15's data analysis feature and other analytic tools helped us drill down to the root cause of the problem and helped us to find a solution to the issue.

It is an excellent tool and it's always recommended for people who love to play around with data.

What needs improvement?

Like every other tool, Necto 15 also has some drawbacks. As a user, following are the features which I felt should have been there:

1. It should have support for operating systems other than Windows.
  2. No trial version or home edition available which a user can download and play around in their local machines to understand the product before making the final order.
  3. The workboard feature should have been more simple and easy to use.
  4. Apart from training videos, there should have been documents which users could reference to understand the vast range of features that are available in Necto.

Almost a year now.

Customer service is very helpful and always there to address your problems whenever required.

They have a very active online forum where you can get answers to almost all of your technical queries. Besides, the customer service is always ready to assist you. Also, there are quiet a few training videos available on the Panorama site which one can refer to learn new things about the product.

We have been using a couple of custom-made reports before switching to BI tools with Necto.

The initial setup was pretty easy and straightforward.

We implemented the product through a third-party vendor and gradually our in-house team took over from them. They were quiet knowledgeable, helpful and understood our problems very easily.

If you are looking for a low-price BI tool which would give you maximum value for money, go for Panorama Necto.

Yes, but since we we had very limited budget and we were looking for a tool which would give us maximum benefit within an affordable price, none of the other tools that we evaluated met the criteria.

Datawarehouse and BI Architect at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
It's intuitive and good for interactive analytics with excellent in-memory performance, although I'd appreciate a personal edition for installation on Windows Home Edition.

Valuable Features:

I used this tool for a regional sales dashboard and I confirm that it is one of the best data discovery BI tools I have ever used.

What I extremely appreciate is that the tool is easy to use, and with a simple click you can import data from multiple sources to build visualizations. It's very intuitive and very good for interactive analytics.

Also, Panorama Necto has excellent in-memory performance.

Improvements to My Organization:

This BI tool helps to limit the dependency on IT for data discovery in the company. It's very much a self-service BI tool.

Room for Improvement:

It is only able to be installed on Windows, and they should offer a Linux-based version as well. Also, the big data technology support is also very limited.

I would also appreciate it if there would be a personal edition that I can install on Windows Home Edition for my client to assess the product. The free edition is the only one that allows the client to connect to a Necto server in the cloud, It is not possible to install the full Necto solution (client and server) in the Home Edition of Windows.

it_user214938 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user214938Lead Technical with 1,001-5,000 employees

Web browser runs client, the server is installed in windows. Necto server cannot be installed in home edition for tutorial purpose.

Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
With the Geo Analytics feature, it helps find sales/revenue in a particular location and locate users on interactive maps. However, it doesn't support SQL queries.

Valuable Features:

- It lets users analyze corporate data and create personalized dashboards

- Very intuitive, and interactive analytics

- Highly visual and understandable infographic format

- Many applications works together in a self-service mode

- You can add more user in a group for a discussions like a social media.

- The interactive infographics dynamically reflect business changes

- A very good tool for a small to mid size company for a small to medium scale BI projects

The very first thing that comes in mind about Necto - Panorama Software is its scalability and it is readymade for enterprise deployment, with very minimal efforts.

Excellent in memory performance, return results with clicks, matchless click to collaborate features, just initiate discussion on data points and context, connect relevant users and dashboards and explore suggestive auto insight.

Improvements to My Organization:

Using its Geo Analytics feature, it is easy to find sales/revenue in a particular location, you can locate users on an interactive maps. It location-based infographics is useful and it shows automated relevant insights of all locations. It support all devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phone). Event on mobile devices it allows you to use the dashboard in the same look and fee, which is great for any executive who travels a lot and and quickly assess the report from hand devices. Empower business users with self-service, governed platform with this, users have the freedom to explore and create their own visualizations. Gives IT more power to govern and manage the platform with ease.

Room for Improvement:

- No Multi language reports

- No information related to certification

- Panorama Necto has less community support.

- The dashboard looks very complicated at first look

- No SQL query support

- Limited support for big data analytics

- No support for Linux or commodity hardware

Sr Software Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It provides us with great infographics in a self-service environment, but it needs multi-language support.

Valuable Features:

• It's easy to use and doesn't require a lot of effort.
  • It provides great infographics.
  • It operates in a self-service environment.
  • It's scalable.
  • It is fast and easy to deploy.

Room for Improvement:

• Multi-language support
  • Availability across other platforms

Deployment Issues:

It's fast and easy to deploy.

It's highly scalable.

BI Team Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It supports geo analytics, integrates with maps, and plots charts, but it has limited support for big data.

Valuable Features:

Amazing business intelligence tool with rich info graphics, it is one of the excellent self service BI tools with impeccable collaboration features.

We are currently using this tool for cross-country sales reporting and, we must admit, this is an amazing tool for self-service data discovery.

Matchless click to collaborate features, initiate discussion on data points and context, connect relevant users and dashboards and explore suggestive auto insight. Amazing geo analytics support, readily integrate with maps and plots the charts nicely.

Improvements to My Organization:

It provides self service BI platform for data discovery, automation, collaborative business intelligence, Panorama helped us to replace costly BI tools and bring down the licensing cost and made tool available to more users.

Room for Improvement:

Limited support for big data analytics, limited awareness and distant learning like online courses. Worst part is no personal edition for installation on Windows home edition, and I hope they will be coming up soon with a personal version.

IT Analyst at a tech services company
It's intuitive and includes social and collaboration capabilities, but integration with Big Data needs improvement.

Valuable Features:

• Ease of use and training
  • Eye catching info graphics, image bank, numerous chart options and functionality for slicing and dicing
  • Excellent social and collaboration capabilities
  • Excellent in memory performance, returns results with a few clicks
  • Extensive geo analytics tool
  • Easy to deploy

Improvements to My Organization:

It is an intuitive and jazzy infographics tool which is easy to use, trained, and deploy. Also, it is very cost effective and generates high ROI for small and mid-sized companies.

Room for Improvement:

• More user forums and support groups
  • Improvement in integration with Big Data
  • No support for Linux or commodity hardware

Senior Sofware Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We're able to deliver complex analytical requirements, such as what-if analysis, but it needs a quick connection to big data platforms such as Hadoop.

Valuable Features:

It has smart computing abilities to deliver some of the complex analytical requirements such as what-if analysis, pinpointing the actual issues and side-by-side comparison of business factors.

Provides a centrally-hosted collaborative platform to share your work to a wider audience but only of your choice. The role based access is really amazing

Improvements to My Organization:

I used Necto to publish some of the testing result reporting and it was great in terms of creating dashboards and sharing.

Room for Improvement:

It should have quick connection and efficient data management for big data platforms such as Hadoop.

Software Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Our team can now access their reports from a central repository, but it could be improved with more big data connectivity.

Valuable Features:

We like the collaborative and supportive business intelligence feature most in this product. Because of the collaborative environment, business users from different departments can communicate & share feedback with each other in a fraction of time. Supportive business intelligence also helps new users to drive through the product and make themselves familiar with it.

Improvements to My Organization:

Before implementing Panorama Necto, there was a lot of manual work to do which requires lots of man powers and resources. Due to Panorama Necto, everything becomes centralized now, so anyone can easily access their reports from a central repository. It helps us to improve productivity and reduce cost.

Room for Improvement:

• Provide more data connection (mainly BIG data connection)
  • Provide Linux support.
  • Upload more learning tutorials on site or youtube.
BI Developer at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
The recommendation engine provides our users with insights into data points and analyses, but there should be a personal edition for at-home installation, practice, and training.

Valuable Features:

This is the next generation BI tool, which will be very helpful to small and medium businesses to kick start data exploration and visualization on their diverse databases, with lesser intervention of IT. Yes, this tool is more of end-user centric, gives way more power to end users to perform the data analysis.

Eye-catching infographics, image banks, numerous chart options and functionality for slicing and dicing, amazing recommendation engine which can give more insights to users. Matchless click-to-collaborate features, initiate discussion on data points and context, connect relevant users and dashboards and explore suggestive auto insight.

Panorama helped one of my clients to replace a costly BI tool and bring down the licensing cost and made the tool available to more users globally.

Improvements to My Organization:

We were able to build a collaborative business intelligence solution, we replaced clients existing process of predictive analysis and forecasting, and provided solutions based on Necto with a lot ease.

The happiest group was surprisingly the business users who readily adapted this new technology after a couple of training sessions. They never had so much of freedom for data analysis.

Room for Improvement:

The thing which I was expecting and is not available as of now was a personal edition for installation on Windows home edition that can come handy when practicing and training other users; I hope they plan to provide that to us soon.

Second thing is the limited support for big data analytics, this again is not very critical at the moment but it is a good to have functionality, and soon once the user are familiar with the basic analysis they will start looking for option like big data analytics, etc.

Data Visualization and BI Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
It provides us with options to modify and build smart infographics, but it should evolve with more improvements in the future.

Valuable Features:

• Connects to any data (most backend packages as per industry standards).
  • Understands the nature of data and the metadata really well. Treats the data on the fly and creates smart visualizations.
  • Creates basic data arrangements easily without waiting for the users to instruct. For an example, given a date field it creates a calendar hierarchy by default.
  • Comes with lots of option to modify and build the smart infographic. Uses innovative pictures and charts to create the dashboards.
  • Provides a centrally hosted collaborative platform to share your work to a wider audience but only of your choice. The role-based access is really amazing.
  • It has smart computing abilities to deliver some of the complex analytical requirements such as what-if analysis, pinpointing the actual issues and side by side comparison of business factors.
  • Helps you identify why you are succeeding and where you should shift your focus to.
  • The maps are amazing and they just don’t act as control points rather you can populate various measures on them making it really efficient to understand the business in geographical info graph.

Improvements to My Organization:

Necto has everything that a smart BI tool needs and below are some of its features which stands apart from legacy reporting tools. It builds a trust with clients through its data security features and served really well in convincing some of our partners to start a decision process to venture into this.

Room for Improvement:

I did not find any areas of improvement based on what analysis I have done. It would be great to see how it evolves with improvements in the future though.

Senior Software Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We're able to create many different types of meaningful charts, but the cloud version hangs for unknown reasons.

What is most valuable?

We have been using this tool for self-service data discovery.

The tool is quite easy to use and we got on-premise training from Panorama.

I like their customer service and the tech support guys are very responsive.

I saw lot of people complaining about lack of community forum, but they do have a forum that is quite active.

The things like I most it supports variety of charts, I was quite bored with my previous BI tool which mostly support bar, line, and pie chart. I can now create more meaningful charts radar, doughnut, pareto, scatter, range, point, boxplot, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Mostly empowered business users with data handling capabilities and helped to lower capex cost.

What needs improvement?

I think publishing and scheduling can be a bit simplified.

No personal edition for installation on Windows home edition.

More than a year

I don't know.

Sometimes cloud version hangs, but this could be due to issues in network firewall, so not sure. The root cause is still unknown.

Very good.

Very good.

Yes, we were using a leading BI tool, but Necto came for less than half of the cost with more features.

Installation was very smooth as we had on-premise support.

In-house with help from Panorama support guys.

Almost reduced BI tool licensing cost by half, but this comes with cost of new tool learning curve.

Yes, they can try this.

We did couple of options like Sisense, Pyramid, etc.

System Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The infographics provide data visualization, but its support and functionality for Mac OS X could be improved.

What is most valuable?

• Infographics are totally cool.
  • Visualization of data in a more attractive way to users.

How has it helped my organization?

• Fast and easy deployment
  • Easy to build dashboards

We are building or visualizing data for basic accounts specific to certain regions or countries.

We use the filtering function to restrict inactive data and to create partner account hierarchies.

What needs improvement?

Support and functionality for Mac OS X.

We're in a POC period and testing its functionality against Lumira.

Lumira and BI 4.1, to test the scalability and features provided by this tool.

BI Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We can connect our OLAP cube without installing any drivers and browse it with slice-and-dice capability, but it's missing a big data connection and workability in Linux.

Valuable Features:

Collaboration and infographics are the most valuable features of this product.

Improvements to My Organization:

We built up a data warehouse from our organizational data. For analysis purposes, we created different OLAP cubes, like an employee cube for our HR department. Previously, we were using Excel to browse the cubes, but we often got requests from various department to use a modern business intelligence tool. So we evaluated a number of business intelligence tools and found Panorama Necto the most promising of them all.

We can easily connect our OLAP cube without installing any drivers and can browse the cube with slice-and-dice capability. Due to its collaboration features, communication happens within/across the department smoothly and effectively. Users are quite happy with this tool.

Room for Improvement:

- Support for other languages should be provided.

- Should provide BIG data connection.

- Should work in Linux environment.

Use of Solution:

More than 6 months

Deployment Issues:

No, we haven't found any yet.

Scalability Issues:

We are still evaluating the product.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was quite easy and straightforward.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We are still evaluating the product.

Other Solutions Considered:

Other Advice:

No, we are good.

Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's a fully web-based BI tool with multiple database connections, but it needs more support for predictive and forecast analysis.

What is most valuable?

Interactive and eye-catchy graphs and widgets.

Real time conditional notifications on related KPI's to the users.

95% Covering the requirement of Self Service BI & Ad hoc Reporting

Better Visualization Components

Exception handling capabilities and capability to connect to multiple data source systems.

In all a nice conglomeration for flexibility to the developer and end user friendly tool

A fully web-based BI tool

Easy UI

Easy Data Acquisition

Easy sending notifications in case of data issues

Contextual & suggestive data and search results

Many applications works together in a self-service mode.

You can add more user in a group for a discussions like a social media.

The interactive infographics dynamically reflect business changes.

Users can create their own infographics to visualize trends in the data.

Starting discussions, subscribing to users, searching all features are easy.

Its performance and social capabilities is very good.

PROS:

Infographics

Multiple database connections,

Security

Reporting without need of technical expertise

CONS:

Needs improvement for big data analysis

Needs more support for predictive and forecast analysis.

Reporting customization features are limited to some extent, which might be a problem for advanced users.

How has it helped my organization?

Infographics and analytics

What needs improvement?

Web based reporting

Infographics

Good, can be better

Costing

Simple

In-house

Cheap, might need some more improvement in Big data

Qliksense, Tableau

QA Lead & Test Analyst Disney Consumer Products for Satwic Inc with 51-200 employees
Our North American enterprise was able to use interactive infographics to dynamically reflect business changes, but community support needs improvement.

Valuable Features

I found following features most valuable:

• Built-in social BI capabilities: context sensitive discussions and annotations linked to relevant data
  • Contextual & suggestive data and search results
  • Best of Data Discovery and Enterprise BI with a unified web-based UI
  • Data mash-up in one view: Access Corporate BI & Ad-hoc data sources and model together on the fly using in-memory technology

Improvements to My Organization

Based on self-service data discovery and visualization capability of Panorama Necto 14, users from our North American enterprise was able to use interactive infographics to dynamically reflect business changes on the slowly-changing dimensions of the retail market.

Room for Improvement

Panorama Necto 14 community support should be improved.

Use of Solution

I am using this solution from past 1 year.

None

I would like to rate customer service as 7/10.

Would like to rate technical support as 7/10.

Implementation Team

In-house team

Our level of expertise is 8/10.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Panorama got its start in 1993, establishing a close relationship with Microsoft through its sale of its OLAP technology, a relationship the two companies maintain today.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we evaluated Tableau.

Other Advice

Panorama Necto on the other hand is built to support social collaboration so that its analytics features can be shared to improve decision making by incorporating various organizational inputs. Additionally, it supports an infographic display for information review which is unlike most of its competitors.

Software Consultant at a tech services company
An outstanding self service BI tool with amazing collaborative and supportive business intelligence

What is most valuable?

- Collaboration features which allows users to communicate and share with each other.

- In-cell info graphics

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we were using Excel for analysis and reporting and we evaluated a few BI tools to migrate our reporting platform to the web. Fortunately, we came across this BI tool and evaluated the trial version for our business users. They found it very interesting and easy to use. They have started working with Panorama Necto and are extremely happy with the product.

What needs improvement?

Although it perfectly matches our requirements, it would be great to if a future version allows the user to connect to BIG data sources like R.

More than 3 months.

Not Yet

We haven't taken any customer support yet but the resources available on internet are really helpful for learning.

We have't taken yet

We use several BI solutions and recently evaluated Panorama Necto.

Initial setup was quite easy and straightforward. We haven't found any issue.

We have evaluated the trial version only.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to others as it provides ease-of-use and good reports.

Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's easy to create reports using the infographics feature, but it could use improvement in the areas of community support for users and tutorials for beginners.

What is most valuable?

- It lets users analyze corporate data and create personalized dashboards.

- Very intuitive and interactive analytics.

- Highly visual and understandable infographic format.

- Many applications works together in a self-service mode.

- You can add more user in a group for a discussions like a social media.

- The interactive infographics dynamically reflect business changes.

- Users can create their own infographics to visualize trends in the data.

- Starting discussions, subscribing to users, searching all features are easy.

- Its performance and social capabilities is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

It's quite easy to create reports in Necto using the infographics feature. Collaboration helps to share ideas with others, which helps to make decisions faster.

What needs improvement?

Good community support for users and tutorials for beginners.

Trail/ Few months

Excellent

Good

We switched becayse of the great capabilities of this tool.

It is straightforward and easy to use and to navigate.

Still Implementing.

Right pricing of the product listed. Reasonable & economical as compared to others available in market.

We use several BI solutions and recently evaluated Panorama Necto.

What other advice do I have?

Product Owner / Business Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
The auto-generated dashboards feature is a very good starting point for data discovery, but it needs improvement to its handling of big data.

What is most valuable?

Panorama Necto provides governed and guided data discovery platform.

The auto-generated dashboards feature is a very good starting point for data discovery.

Simple and vibrant infographic can be customized to a cell level.

It has handy collaborating feature to initiate discussions with relevant users.

Good performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Not yet as we are trying to evaluate multiple options, but Necto has potential.

What needs improvement?

Need improve on handling big data.

User interface also needs to more professional .

Not yet.

Is slow with big data.

So far so good.

Good

I have used Tableau and evaluated other options too.

Straightforward

I setup in-house.

No ROI yet. Still evaluating.

Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It can connect to any data source, but it's lacking Linux-Unix support.

What is most valuable?

OLAP analysis with Microsoft SQL Server is a valuable feature for me.

How has it helped my organization?

• It connects to any data source.
  • OLAP Cubes can be managed automatically.
  • Analyzes and reports against business data to gain insight into your business performance.
  • Proactively identifies business trends and challenges, and determines KPIs to compare actual performance against determined goals.

What needs improvement?

Linux-Unix support

6-12 Months

Not the feature this product offers.

8-Good service.

7-Knew the technical information.

Previously Microsoft in-house tools like SSAS, SSIS & SSRS.

It was moderately complex.

In-house IT Infrastructure team.

Yet to calculate this.

Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Currently we're in the evaluation phase, but it will provide more power to business end users to create reports on their own.

Valuable Features:

Necto has multiple features similar to other BI tools but parameters keeping it as emerging leader are:

1.) Collaborative Analysis: groups of people can decide things on the go, it's awesome.

2.) Vibrant Infographics: even single cell attributes can be set for infographics. It provides more flexibility to design workboards.

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

- Large data-set analysis performance

- Technical documentation

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deployment, it was pretty straight forward.

Stability Issues:

No, it has been working fine during the evaluation.

Scalability Issues:

No, it has been working fine with the set of data sources we used during the evaluation.

Implementation Team:

The vendor team has also been involved to resolve any issues, in a timely manner if required.

Other Solutions Considered:

We are still in the evaluation phase and also looking for other dashboard reporting tools for business end users with strong graphic functionality.

Advance oracle DBA at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
It stores the discussion histories from its users, but needs more resources on using it.

What is most valuable?

It is an awesome tool. It has really cool features such as being able to find relevant people when commenting on a data element. This helps in searching for the right people to solve any problems with your work, add any relevant people onto the discussion board, and start a discussion with them. This enables you to find more people for addressing issues, which in turn means you can get quick resolutions for problems. It stores the discussion histories from its users, similar to how Skype stores its chat history. This enables Necto to collect all answers in one place.

Other features I like are -

1. Recommendation engine
  2. Mobile rich info-graphics
  3. Good collaborative capability with discussion/likes/dislikes and other interactive features ensure effective data analysis
  4. Capability to connect to multiple sources
  5. Very user interactive

How has it helped my organization?

It is a more end-user centric tool, and there is more capacity for self-service. This has provided us with reductions in both cost, and amount of maintenance needed.

What needs improvement?

Blogs or videos related to the use of the tool would be more helpful in understanding how to use it. Also, I would like to get certification for this tool but I cannot find any info anywhere.

No issues encountered.

They don't provide customer support on-site, but the rest is fine.

It's great.

We were using an old generation BI report tool and we wanted to switch to a new generation BI tool.

It was straightforward.

We implemented it in-house.

We have evaluated others as well.

Founder and Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Multiple Language Support should be added. In general, the UI is easy to use.

Valuable Features:

(1) A fully web based BI tool

(2) 95% covers the requirements of Self Service BI & Ad hoc Reporting

(3) Better Visualization Components

(4) Easy UI

(5) Easy Data Acquisition

Improvements to My Organization:

We have large amounts of raw data in different formats. Panorama Necto's easy UI helps us to work with the data. There are many options to visualize our raw data in different graphical formats.

Room for Improvement:

(1) Missing Support Services

(2) Multiple Language Support

(3) Needs to have more tutorials and training sessions

Data Scientist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Necto looks promising & very good choice for small and medium size company, handling of large data volume might be bit challenging

What is most valuable?

I am in the process of suggesting a new BI tool to our management team and I am looking at the different BI tools available.

Certainly Necto is good when it comes to:

• Infographics
  • Multiple database connections
  • Security

It has nice social features which can give context based discussions, search for users and relevant content within the system.

Necto has a Twitter-like feeling since we can subscribe to users in Necto. Subscribing to one of our colleagues lets us follow all the changes made to his or her workboard.

What needs improvement?

I am disappointed at following points

• Lack of BigData talks
  • Predictive analytics looks a bit immature

Nowadays everybody is moving towards BigData and in this scenario, if any tool falls short in this area then it is a red signal for all of us.

Less than 1 year

Yes. In my opinion, Necto isn't scalable for a large amount of data. It cannot handle BigData.

We have not used customer service so far.

We have not used technical support so far.

I am into the process of suggesting a new BI tool to our management team wherein I am looking at the different BI tools available on the market.

We have not used any BI tool so far and we may explore OBIEE next.

It was smooth

It was a trial version to check the feasibility.

Necto has not been implemented yet. We ran a POC to check the features and capabilities and hence there is no ROI so far.

Necto has not been implemented so far. We ran a POC to check the features and capabilities and hence there is no cost involved.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to make one comment to the user community - if you are looking for powerful tool which can support large scale databases and BigData Analytics, Necto is NOT an option. Please refrain from using it.

it_user231831 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user231831Head of Presale & Professional Services at Panorama Software

Hey there. great post! I am interested to know what data sources you have? what are you trying to achieve?

DW BI Consultant at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
We didn't have many issues with deployment, however some performance issues need to be fixed before deploying to the wider community.

Valuable Features

• Good social and collaboration capabilities.
  • Fair amount of documentation available considering a relatively new tool
  • A very good self service BI tool
  • Allows connecting multiple data sources

Improvements to My Organization

• Has improved the performance of the data analyst team
  • Allows us to create dashboards quickly without much dependency on technical people

Room for Improvement

• The performance with large data volumes need to be improved
  • Allow us to integrate xls data files on an existing dashboard

Use of Solution

Less than a year

Didn't have many issues, however some performance issues need to be sorted before deploying to the wider community.

No, it's been pretty stable so far.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we are evaluating this tool against other BI tools available in the market like Qlik and BO.

ASE at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Highly interactive and includes eye catchy infographics but the console is a bit cluttered.

What is most valuable?

• Some of the features it provides, are highly useful for the kind of requirements we have
  • Highly interactive and eye catchy infographics
  • Powerful exception handling capabilities
  • It has got excellent collaboration capabilities
  • It can work with multiple data systems

How has it helped my organization?

Currently being challenged by a very high priced Reporting tool with very limited flexibility, hence looking for a relatively less costly and end user centric tool with good info graphics and we think Necto could be a worthy option.

What needs improvement?

• Initially when one starts with the tool there are so many options on the console (it is a bit cluttered), one is a bit confused
  • If it gave the same performance with a huge warehouse it would be a big hit
  • I have seen many tools performance degrade when different widgets and infographics are used

We are currently being challenged by a very high priced reporting tool with very limited flexibility.  Hence, we are looking for a relatively less costly, and more end-user centric tool with good infographics, and we think Necto could be a worthy option.

Freelancer - DW & BI (OBIEE & Informatica) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Necto has a nice Twitter like feeling, but they should find a way to analyse big data.

What is most valuable?

• Users can start context-based discussions, and include context and annotations, which are saved as part of the work board to add more depth and foster knowledge sharing
  • Subscribing to users - subscribing to one of our colleagues lets us follow all the changes made to his or her work board, and because you can view users' shared work boards, you can concentrate on those users that are active. Subscribing is easy. You just need to click a person in the social bar, then click the subscribe icon, and a second click will unsubscribe you.
  • Necto has a Twitter like feeling
  • Necto is available both as a client server and online service
  • The Panorama website offers support through email, phone and tutorials

What needs improvement?

• Major improvement is needed in the way Panorama offers in-person training and online chat support
  • Also, they should find the way to analyse big data

Almost a year.

No issues encountered.

I'm not sure on the scalability, but a part of Necto may have issues with big data.

This is the reason we want to give a lower rating. The customer service is in a young state currently. Note that panorama does not offer in-person training or online chat support.

Good.

No previous solution was used.

It was straightforward to implement.

We set it up in house.

It was just a proof of concept, so no ROI.

We also looked at OBIEE.

Assistant Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A good application for basic analysts but more advanced features need to be released by the vendor for power users.

Valuable Features:

I have been evaluating tools within our organization to be suggested to different clients which are less technical and more business user oriented for fast first hand analytics and I came across Necto.

I was thrilled with the capabilities of astonishingly ready to build and simplified, modern and in-cell infographics that can be used by just right clicking on the attributes. Another feature that I think stood out in this tool is of it being suggestive which leads to automated analysis and recommendations. I also observed that it uses crowdsourcing to recommend workboards. This tool also has a feature of it being collaborative in decision making experience wherein one can directly connect with the associates within the enterprise from within the tool.

Improvements to My Organization:

Quick reporting without need of technical expertise

Quick connection to multiple data sources and data integration

Quick answers

Quick collaboration

Room for Improvement:

Performance in case of huge datasets needs to be further analyzed.

A good application for basic analysts but more advanced features need to be released by the vendor for power users in coming versions.

Cost of implementing multiple analytical tools for different sect of users should be considered.

Technical documentation needs to evolve with time.

Use of Solution:

Over one year

IT Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's end-user centric but could run faster.

What is most valuable?

The infographics are customizable and the tool is end-user centric. It has a commendable recommendation engine.

How has it helped my organization?

Will allow us to migrate towards end-user centric tools from our current developer-centric tools.

What needs improvement?

Administration is an area where it needs improvement as a huge set of scripts are required.

2 weeks

It is slow.

It's fine.

We are currently assessing BI tools available in the market for a customer of ours. We want to migrate from the existing one.

Straightforward

In-house

We're still evaluating others as well.

UI Designer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I like the ability to automatically build workboards with a few clicks.

Valuable Features:

The collaboration capability of Necto BI is amazing. The infographics are very attractive. It's a smart self service BI application.

Improvements to My Organization:

Very powerful tool which supports almost all data sources automatically. The ability to automatically build workboards is highly personalizable with just a few clicks. It can present any business data based on hierarchy in a very smart way (no matter how small or large your organization is). Their predefined workboard layouts suites your business language for better visualization. Regarding usability- the dashboards are all device friendly. Hence, I can use it anywhere.

Room for Improvement:

There is need for improvement with report sharing and documentation.

Use of Solution:

1 Week

Other Advice:

It needs some enrichment in the knowledge base community. When using other BI applications you can find answers on forums without submitting a support ticket to the customer support team.

Senior BI Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The self service capability of Necto has encouraged users to build their own dashboards.

What is most valuable?

Panorama is a fully web based self service BI Solution with Powerful infographics. Various chart components are available for the dashboards. The look and feel is extremely catchy. I like the flip between one dashboard to another. Necto has the ability to subscribe to users through social features and thus follow the user's shared workboard.

It's exception tracking capability and notification to the users is one of the unique features. Necto can be seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Office and Sharepoint which is a great feature.

Very powerful collaborative tool offering context based discussion/likes/dislikes and other interactive features to ensure effective data analysis.

Panorama Necto has a group of highly experienced and knowledgeable resources to support any issue.

How has it helped my organization?

The self service capability of Necto has encouraged users to build their own dashboards which ensures cost reduction and maintenance.

What needs improvement?

Support for multiple languages is still under review and yet to be implemented.

I received support from the Necto team while doing the deployment. The support guys are really well mannered and would always listen to my problem carefully and provide the best solution.

No issues so far.

Necto can be run on 32 bit P4 CPU, 2 GB RAM and 6 GB of free space, which is minimal requirements compared to all legacy reporting tools.

I would rate customer service as excellent on a scale of 10 out of 10.

Highly knowledgeable technical support is very prompt and efficient. They are very responsive and I personally had a very good experience talking to their team.

In the past I've worked on legacy tools which are more complex to maintain and build reports. Also they would require client installation. However Necto is a web based self service BI solution with many unique features which are not available in other reporting tools. Its is also reasonably priced.

Initial setup was very easy as it is a web based solution including web based access and content security management.

I did in house implementation but received prompt support from the support team whenever required.

Eye catching infographics and very good collaborative capabilities providing context based discussion has really impressed our users within the organization. The self Service is click drag and run. Reduction in the maintenance effort and also its capability on Android and iOS has helped users view dashboards while they are traveling.

Yes, we evaluated other options but I have chosen this tool considering the features available for reporting as well as the reasonable price.

What other advice do I have?

Necto has taken this new and interesting step toward improving self-service BI and I would strongly recommend users and different organizations give it a try.

Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides seamless collaboration and excellent infographics. Altough, the user console is a bit complicated.

What is most valuable?

Excellent infographics

Very interactive

Seamless collaboration

Impressive performance

How has it helped my organization?

Operational reports on automotive parts inventory, supply and quality metrics.

What needs improvement?

The user console is bit complicated when beginning to work with it.

More than 6 months

Very supportive

Very good

No previous solutions were used.

In house

Team Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use with 3rd party integration. I'm unsure about big data.

What is most valuable?

• The users can take a deep dive into their business processes with the rich infographics suite. Necto has more than 2,000 infographics in its library.
  • The exception handling capabilities of Necto is powerful one which includes bubble up exception, automated insights, root cause analysis and they are just a couple of clicks away...
  • Another prominent feature of Necto is its real time collaborative decision making. A group of decision makers can collaborate with each other and compile a meaningful real time analysis.

What needs improvement?

• Support for bi directional language is not powerful. (Arabic, Hebrew)
  • BIGDATA is questionable

1 year

Deployment is smooth and installation is very easy.

I have not used Customer Service.

I have not used Technical Support.

I used OBIEE previously. The reason for switching to Necto is its easy to use with 3rd party integration and has a rich Infographics service. Also, Necto is very strong in collaborative reporting.

Initial setup is very straightforward and easy to implement.

It was an in-house implementation.

ROI is excellent. e.g. Dashboard sharing, Scheduling of reports. Predictive analytics. These are some of the most striking returns we got in our datawarehouse.

Tableau

JasperSoft

Senior Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Great infographics. Needs more support for predictive and forecast analysis, ETL and data transformation, and more languages.

What is most valuable?

Necto is the first BI tool with infographics which is a great and unique feature. For me, they are a new, better version of well-known KPIs. Users can create their own infographics or choose the existing ones from the library.

Collaboration and social capabilities including sharing content, starting discussions, subscribing to users, searching for the relevant content and many other similar feature is something me and my colleagues were thrilled by.

Support for mobile devices is very good and offers the same experience on all platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped improve the communication between the developers and business users. It's easy to leave notes related to charts and figures and to ask questions.

What needs improvement?

Needs more ETL and data transformation support.

Needs more support for predictive and forecast analysis.

Support more languages.

6 months

No, we didn't have any problems.

Very good, they were able to answer all our questions.

Very good, they were able to answer all our questions.

We are still evaluating several of the solutions present on the market and looking for the best front-end tools for our business users and Necto has caught our attention because of some great innovative features. We still didn't start using it production, it's still in the evaluation stage, but it is looking very good so far and we are considering switching to it.

Pretty straightforward.

It was an in-house implementation.

We are still evaluating. Some of the options are Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI...

What other advice do I have?

I advise everyone to give this tool a chance an evaluate it. Some of the features offered are unique, my favorites are infographics and the support for collaboration between the users.

Lead Technical with 1,001-5,000 employees
The product tutorials need to be improved. Overall it's a promising tool.

What is most valuable?

We are pleasantly surprised with the collaboration and visualization features of Panorama Necto. Relatively a less know tool, but I think it is very promising and there is lot potential and values in this product.

The product is very easy to use, very ideal for rolling out a self-service data discovery and visualization solution for data scientist and business users.

It has excellent social and collaboration capabilities.

Eye catching infographics, image bank, numerous chart options and functionality for slicing and dicing.

How has it helped my organization?

Not yet, but its social and visualization capabilities will certainly exciting.

What needs improvement?

Training, tutorial and awareness.

Less than 6 months, we have been evaluating Panorama Necto to assess if there is a better alternative of our existing tool sets which offer more social capabilities and collaboration for data analysis and discovery.

No, We used an online cloud.

Not yet

Very good, customer service is prompt.

Very good

Not yet, but we are seeing lot of value.

In house implementation