IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

OpenText EnCase eDiscovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText EnCase eDiscovery is #4 ranked solution in top eDiscovery software. PeerSpot users give OpenText EnCase eDiscovery an average rating of 8 out of 10. OpenText EnCase eDiscovery is most commonly compared to kCura Relativity: OpenText EnCase eDiscovery vs kCura Relativity. OpenText EnCase eDiscovery is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the eDiscovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is OpenText EnCase eDiscovery?

eDiscovery collection tools address the rise in dispersed and remote workforces, the proliferation of mobile devices and new sources of data. Comprehensively collecting data across all data sources, including endpoints, such as desktops and laptops, is critical to defensibility. Collection analytics and culling is key to efficient digital investigations, narrowing the document collection to drive down the cost of legal review.

With OpenText™ EnCase™ eDiscovery, organizations can streamline the collection, culling and preservation of data across diverse sources in a single efficient process.

OpenText EnCase eDiscovery was previously known as EnCase eDiscovery.

OpenText EnCase eDiscovery Customers

Ontario Ministry of Government, Aerospace Company, Chesterfield Police Department

OpenText EnCase eDiscovery Video

OpenText EnCase eDiscovery Pricing Advice

What users are saying about OpenText EnCase eDiscovery pricing:
  • "We have a license. And, we found the cost high. We contacted them and talked to them about the ratio of the US dollar versus the Indian rupee and then we came to a solution."
  • OpenText EnCase eDiscovery Reviews

Om Salamkayala - PeerSpot reviewer
    Digital Forensics Analyst at a security firm with 11-50 employees
    It is used as a forensic tool and End point Security that takes an image, extracts the data and then analyzes the keyword search besides providing Security for the Enterprise network.
      • "We have come across problems with the end-case. We could not find an email discovery type of module and there was not flexibility with the email."
      • "In the past, incident response time for tech support was slow."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is as a forensic tool that is taking an image, extracting the data and then analyzing the keyword search. Currently working on Endpoint Security Encase SAFE for monitoring the nodes / machines.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Encase we are able to implement security and also Forensics.

What is most valuable?

Pathways, SweepEnterprise and EnScripts. In near future eventually go for EnCase mobiles.These provide maximum ease to work as per work and situation.In the scenarios we have, we try to use extraction of data that would be based on extensions. We also go for an answer based on the keyword search.

What needs improvement?

SweepEnterprise where the limit is up to 5 machines to scan. Customised Report that can be obtained as per the user requirement. Like it should omit duplicate machines, able to Filter old machines w.r.t the new one and provide New scannes machines status.We have come across problems with the end-case. We could not find an email discovery type of module and there was not flexibility with the email. So, the moment we came across a  parameter or something like that we had to either extract those extensions and then again go for another rule that can be further extracted to a readable format like Outlook. If this was included, we would find this a more useful solution. Secondly, is getting the key word search option. If you go, there are legal options, it's like a deal for file extensions. Every time we have to repeat the process and it is repetitive. Whereas, if you can get research that can be categorized by default based only by an extensions that would be a benefit.  Also, if we can also add the timely matched signature that it would be helpful.
      eDiscovery
      May 2022
      Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Exterro, Nuix and others in eDiscovery. Updated: May 2022.
      607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It was quite stable for me. I have not come across bugs.

In terms of the scalability, I found that it depends upon the size and the contribution of the system that you are using. We did have some issues with adding more cases simultaneously.

We have not used tech support.

It is the same Encase using with different version. Came up with Enscript Snapshot to use in order to overcome the limit of scannig of 5 machines / nodes (SweepEnterprise) to 》200 machines.

Waiting for new release

Suprised that opentext could not responded quickly when the client seek help in this regard i.e limitation of scanning nodes.

I am not sure what the client has done regarding this.

What other advice do I have?

The same Snapshot EnScript is informed to Opentex where the are going to include in 8.08 release or higher version
      Sr. Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
      Inexpensive, very stable, and offers great artificial modeling features
      • "The solution is very stable."
      • "The reporting is a bit unreliable. It needs to be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our data center and servers.

What is most valuable?

The artificial modeling features are the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution is very stable.

The pricing offered is fair. It's not too expensive by any means.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the features on offer are fine and I don't see a place for improvement in that respect.

The technical support on offer needs to be improved. They're quite slow to respond to our enquiries.

The reporting is a bit unreliable. It needs to be better.

The performance needs to be a bit better than what is on offer. It's lacking a little.

I've been using the solution for about four to five years.

The solution is stable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. I would say that it's never let us down.

We're not completely satisfied with technical support. We expect a much faster response time and we just aren't getting that. I've had a few calls with support at this point and the responses are always delayed and drawn out. From a customer service standpoint, this is unacceptable. They could be much, much better.

We find the pricing to be quite reasonable. It's not the most expensive on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have any business relationship with the solution. We just use it internally in our company.

The solution has been quite good, and, overall, the features we need are available to us. The reporting could be improved, and technical support could be more responsive, but other than that, it serves us very well.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Download our free eDiscovery Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Exterro, Nuix, and more!
      Updated: May 2022