IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Nudge APM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Nudge APM?
Nudge APM won the 2015 IT innovation trophy from the CRIP association (over 4000 members from IT Management departments) Nudge is a French innovative software company specialized in application performance management (APM). Nudge APM provides IT Teams internal behavior of their application in production, giving them the opportunity to monitor their applications and troubleshoot them in real time ! Supervising Applications is now critical and vital for IT Management to ensure high quality service to business. We have a key position on the market : easiest product to use, easiest product to installe and cheapest product... all that with high and innovative key functionalities. Our freemium version gives you access to all Nudge APM functionalities and you can use it forever in staging environment. Use our opensource plugin to integrate automatically all data collected by our probes in your ELASTIC STACK (ELK). Nudge is now a great value added data provider. Next generation of plugins to come for Jenkins, Eclipse, slack... www.nudge-apm.com contact@level5.fr
Nudge APM Customers
Bank and Insurance : Crédit Agricole, CDC (Caisse des dépots et consignations), ACMS (French healthcare insurance), Service : Unibail Rodamco, Elis, Public : CNIL, Mairie de Paris, AESN, HAS, EPIDE, Ministere Education Nationale Software : Jalma, Neoxia, AFI, Traceone, Infinancials, Telecom operator : NordNet Media : Les Echos,
Nudge APM Video

Archived Nudge APM Reviews (more than two years old)

Manager of Cell Architecture and Integration at a non-profit
Gives us clear information on what is going wrong and where we need to focus to improve our applications, but it lacks automatic alerting.

What is most valuable?

• Have real-time performance metrics
  • Alerting
  • Profiling in production

How has it helped my organization?

Gives us clear information on what is going wrong and where we need to focus to improve our applications.

Real added value in our IT internal and external organization (we open Nudge APM dashboard to our outsourced suppliers).

What needs improvement?

No automatic alerting

I've used it for more than two years

Application Performance Management (APM)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Nudge, AppDynamics, Dynatrace and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: July 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Not at all.

The answer time of Nudge APM dashboards is really great.

In 2 years, Nudge APM broke down for 30 minutes once and we had a great support reaction with very good level of communication.

Always answered our questions very quickly.

We use server solutions but never APM solutions.

Very easy and SaaS model is very secure.

Installation is very user friendly and easy (online documention available).

Great decrease in volume, we started with 10 probes and now have over 30 probes (in production, price increased only by 1.8 and not 3 !!) + it’s free for staging environments !

No other options were tested and evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

API rest is very powerfull to include metrics in other internal dashboards.

J2EE Application Manager at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It proactively identifies errors before users send incidents, but administration through the portal could be improved.

What is most valuable?

Application monitoring : transaction traces, profiling, low request, time spent by layers, alerting (SLA) and reports.

Follow up on transactions with errors. Identification of the "Top 5" transactions and SQL requests for optimization.

Zoom on graphs.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used the solution for 2 years in SaaS mode. Very easy to install and configure.

Identify root cause on the code level issues and check response time to improve applications.

Great reduction in resolution time: proactive identification of errors before users send incidents.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement on the portal to access the collected data, but it has already been enhanced with great zooming features.

Administration through the portal may be improved too, but the customer-client relationships is very smooth, easy and reactive by email for now.

2 years

Not with the solution itself but with the infrastructure component (opening of firewalls...)

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Great and reactive. We also found consulting capabilities regarding perdormance issues on some of our applications

Great response time and pertinent answers.

No but the position of Nudge is great the relation use/price is terrific.

Very easy, few minutes.

In-house implementation.

Application Performance Management (APM)
July 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief Operating Officer at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
It's useful for both application production and development as it provides performance information and diagnosis capabilities. The performance map, though should be integrated into the mail alert.

Valuable Features:

• Monitoring
  • Reporting of real-time application performance
  • In-depth diagnostics tool

Improvements to My Organization:

Nudge APM helps my organization to meet all SLA requirements, thanks to alert triggers.

In a glance, all the performance issues appear. Diagnosis can be done afterwards by mining in the monitoring historic and identifying where the problem really lies.

Therefore, this application can be used both for production and development.

Room for Improvement:

Integrating the performance map in the mail alert.

Co-founder and CEO with 51-200 employees
We're able to track a transaction and focus on real-time key metrics, but it's missing zoom and and automatic select on graphs.

What is most valuable?

Easy to use and deploy.

Focus on key features for Diagnosis.

Great and quick support.

Best Price-Vs-Quality of the APM market.

How has it helped my organization?

My team enjoy being able to track a transaction from start to finish and focus just on the key metrics that allow them to understand in real time what happened and, therefore, react immediately.

What needs improvement?

Good interface but still missing some "nice to have" tools such as automatic select & zoom on the graph ... features that are in the closed roadmap.

2 years

None

Good

HIghly reactive

Yes (CA APM)

The tool we used before was very powerful but expensive and dedicated to few experts.

Performance management is a shared concern and APM tools must be used by all people involved in the build and run process.

Nudge APM is cheaper, simpler and then, more often used, to improve continuously the performance of our services for the benefits of our customers.

Less than 2 hours for the initial setup.

A few months.

Try NUDGE-APM on your test environments. Licenses are free for them.